Scorpia is a powerful Wilderness boss capable of poisoning her opponents starting at 20 damage as well as hitting up to 16 with melee. Her lair, located beneath the Scorpion Pit, is filled with many offspring, which are capable of poisoning, starting at 6 damage.
An effective way of killing Scorpia is to utilise her low magic defence by using binding or freeze spells (e.g. Entangle, Ice Blitz, or Ice Barrage) and farcasting her with the Protect from Missiles prayer enabled (since the offspring are aggressive). A good way to do that is by running around the perimeter of the arena, shooting her from corners, somewhat similar to how Commander Zilyana is fought. Using this method, players should avoid getting within range of her melee attacks, which are hard-hitting and fairly accurate.
On the next attack after Scorpia reaches 99 health or lower (even if you splash), she will summon two guardians, which will heal her similarly to the Yt-HurKots from TzTok-Jad, however the guardians will continually heal her rather than attacking the player if they are attacked. The guardians have 70 Hitpoints each and can be killed. It is advised to use Ice Blitz or Ice Barrage on the guardians and lead Scorpia away from them, as they will despawn after not healing Scorpia for 15 seconds. Unlike the healers during the TzTok-Jad fight, these guardians only spawn once; if they manage to heal Scorpia back to full health (and are killed or despawned), they will not reappear when Scorpia falls below half health again.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If you are comfortable with it, set NPC attack options to "always right click" so you don't accidentally target the offspring, hindering your movement, wasting runes and Scorpion slayer kills.
- Consider using longrange/defensive casting. Standing further away makes positioning easier when Scorpia unfreezes.
- A good way to lure Scorpia away from her guardians is to position yourself at the side where you will be luring her just before she reaches half hp and freezing the healers immediately as they spawn. This requires careful timing, as Scorpia should ideally unfreeze very soon after you freeze both the guardians.
- If using ancient magics, you may utilise manual casting of blood spells to heal yourself when Scorpia is frozen and minions are not around.
- Lower levelled players not using a toxic weapon may also try to poison Scorpia with a couple casts of Smoke blitz/barrage when starting the kill for a little bit of extra damage.
- The guardians give highly reduced experience. Do not rely on xp drops to see whether you hit them.
Suggested skills[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Scorpia is not immune to venom and poison; therefore, using a trident of the swamp or toxic staff of the dead is highly recommended due to its venom capabilities. Due to her low magic defence, a minimally geared player will rarely miss, therefore magic damage and prayer bonus should be prioritised over magic accuracy, to speed up kills and prolong trips limited by prayer. For the same reason, the use of magic boosting items and offensive magic prayers like Mystic Might or Augury are not recommended since they boost magic accuracy, not magic damage.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- 2 Antidote++ or Superantipoison (or replace with twice the number of Sanfews)
- 6+ Blighted super restore (can bring more or fewer)
- High healing food primarily for escaping player-killers. A mix of Manta rays and Cooked karambwan is recommended as both can be consumed in the same tick.
- 4+ Saradomin brews
- Imbued heart (ensure the item is protected on death)
- 100+ casts or Blighted ancient ice sack for Ice Blitz, Ice Barrage, or Entangle
- 1 or 2 Stamina potions for escaping player-killers and during kills, especially if finishing a kill after running out of binds
- Wilderness sword 1 or better, Knife or slash weapon if running from Edgeville lever
- Lockpick, for escaping into the magic axe hut
- Black d'hide body and chaps, for tanking player killers
- Looting bag