|Scorpion Catcher (#23)|
|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Paul Gower|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village, close to the Ranging Guild.|
|Description||Thormac the Sorcerer has a hobby involving scorpions. Unfortunately, three of them have escaped and managed to run far away. If you manage to find them all, he may just be able to perform an important service for you.|
|Official length||Short – Medium|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Beginning[edit | edit source]
To begin, talk to Thormac on the top floor of the Sorcerer's Tower south of Seers' Village. (Or Fairy Ring code blr, or teleport to Ardougne Farm with Ardougne cloak 2 or higher). He'll tell you that his rare Kharid Scorpions have escaped and are currently running loose. He'll give you a Scorpion cage to catch the scorpions with and suggest you go talk to the Seers that live just to the north.
The first scorpion[edit | edit source]
Speak with any Seer in Seers' Village before continuing with the quest. [Note: If you do not speak with a Seer, the old wall will NOT open.]
- 1. The Seer will tell you that the first scorpion is in a secret room with nasty spiders nearby.
Pick up some food, an anti-poison potion, an anti-dragon shield, and, if your Agility level is less than 70, the dusty key, if you have one. Make your way to the Taverley Dungeon any way you want (a Falador teleport is the quickest way to get there if your house isn't located in Taverley. A games necklace to the Burthorpe Games Room, a combat bracelet to the Warriors' Guild, a house teleport with your player-owned house set to Taverley also works).
Once inside the dungeon:
- With 80 Agility you should use the shortcut directly to the poison spiders. The secret room is directly south of the shortcut.
- With 70 Agility you should use the shortcut to the blue dragons.
- Otherwise, walk the long way around and use the dusty key on the gate to the blue dragons.
- If you need to acquire a dusty key, follow the track towards the Black Knights' Base and kill the jailer located in the eastern area of the base, who will drop a jail key. Use the jail key on the door of the cell containing Velrak the explorer. Speak to him; ask if there are any good places to explore, and when he asks you if you want to go further into the dungeon, say yes and he will give you a dusty key.
Walk south of the blue dragons, west to pass the black demons, and north to the poison spiders. To the south of the two coffins, there's a small room with a false wall that you can search to open (see the inset map).
The second and third scorpions[edit | edit source]
Returning to and speaking with any Seer in Seers' Village will reveal the location of the second and third scorpions. (Amusingly, you are not required to speak with the same Seer as you did earlier.)
- 2. The Seer will mention a merchant in Barbarian Village who may have the second scorpion.
- 3. Continue speaking with the Seer and he will reveal that the third scorpion is 'in some sort of upstairs room near some brown clothing': the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Edgeville Monastery.
It will be quickest to first collect the scorpion at the Monastery, and then head to Barbarian Village afterwards.
There are many ways to get to the Monastery; you could either teleport to Falador (standard spellbook), Lassar (Ancient spellbook), to Edgeville using a charged Amulet of Glory, to Barbarian Village using a charged Skull sceptre, or you could teleport directly to the Monastery using a combat bracelet.
Once at the Monastery, climb the southeast ladder. (If you've never been upstairs, you'll have to speak with Abbot Langley to join their group, requiring 31 Prayer.) The scorpion will be right at the top of the ladder. Use your cage on it to catch it.
Now head to Barbarian Village to find the merchant, Peksa, in his helmet shop. He will tell you that he left it in the bed of a relative at the Barbarian Outpost as a "surprise gift". Interestingly, once the location of the second scorpion is revealed by a Seer, players do not need to visit and talk to Peksa to be able to find the scorpion and use the cage on it.
Use a games necklace or Barbarian Assault minigames teleport to go to the Outpost, where the scorpion can be found wandering just inside the entrance of the Agility training area. (To get in, you must have completed Alfred Grimhand's Barcrawl.)
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 6,625 Strength experience
- The ability to have Thormac turn a battlestaff into a mystic staff for 40,000 coins