|Released||18 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||Slightly damp seaweed.|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||50 coins (info)|
Seaweed is an item dropped by creatures near water like Rock Crabs. It can be used with a fishbowl that is full of water so that you can catch a fish in the Catherby aquarium. Seaweed can be used for normal compost.
Seaweed can be cooked on a range or fire to create soda ash, an ingredient for molten glass, but this awards no xp. Seaweed may also be used in place of soda ash in the super glass make lunar spell, skipping the need to to convert it to soda ash.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
- Collecting from nets at the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. The nets take three seconds to respawn.
- Fishing with a big fishing net.
- On the shore near Port Piscarilius.
- On the shore near the Rock Crabs in north-east of Rellekka.
- On the shore in the north-western part of Entrana. However, only 10 spawn at once, 2 of which cannot be picked up without telekinetic grab.
- Along the coast of Karamja near Cairn Isle and Tai Bwo Wannai.
- From Charter Crew members for 5 coins each.
- Farming seaweed underwater at Fossil Island by using Seaweed spore on a seaweed patch. This method provides giant seaweed, not regular seaweed.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Baby impling jar||N/A||1||Uncommon|
|Cave kraken||127||30 (noted)||Common|
|Dagannoth (Lighthouse)||74; 92||10||Common|
|Dagannoth (Waterbirth Island)||88; 90||1–10||Common|
|Giant lobster (Ghosts Ahoy)||32||1||Always|
|Ice troll female||82||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ice troll grunt||100||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ice troll male||82||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ice troll runt||74||3–10 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Kraken||127; 291||125 (noted)||3/128|
|Sea Snake Hatchling||62||5||Uncommon|
|Sea Snake Young||90||5||Uncommon|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||Catherby, Brimhaven, Musa Point, Port Khazard, Port Phasmatys, Mos Le'Harmless, Port Tyras||20||5||0|
|Dom Onion's Reward Shop||Yanille||∞||200||N/A|