The Second Age is the period following the creation of RuneScape. It is also the 'Golden Age' of Zaros, until he is killed by Zamorak. This age approximately began when Guthix disappeared and descended deep beneath the earth. Numerous other gods began setting foot on Gielinor; Tumeken, Elidinis, Zaros, Saradomin, Armadyl and Bandos are known to have arrived during the Second Age, bringing with them new races to the world, gathering new followers and claiming territory.
Major events[edit | edit source]
- Tumeken and Elidinis both arrive on Gielinor, they supposedly meet by the River Elid, fall in love, marry, and start a family, with Elidinis giving birth to their son and daughter; Icthlarin and Amascut.
- Zaros arrives on Gielinor and together with his demonic and vampyric followers, he begins creating a vast empire.
- Saradomin arrives on Gielinor, specifically on the island of Entrana, bringing with him the icyene and centaurs.
- Armadyl arrives on Gielinor, bringing with him his aviantese.
- Tumeken creates the four minor Menaphite deities; Apmeken, Crondis, Het, and Scabaras.
- The Duel Arena is built in the northern part of the Kharidian Empire.
- Icthlarin and Amascut recruit the Mahjarrat from their home plane, Freneskae, to battle Zaros' expanding empire in the north.
- Amascut is warped into the being she is known as today, The Devourer. This is believed to being exposed to the violence and rituals of the Mahjarrat both on Freneskae and back home.
- The majority of the Mahjarrat betray Icthlarin and pledge their allegiance to Zaros, continuing his war against the Menaphites.
- Tumeken sacrifices himself to protect the Menaphite people, ending the war and obliterating most of the Mahjarrat, a loss the race never recovered from.
- After the war, the Zarosian Empire reaches its peak, and Senntisten becomes the largest, most prosperous city in Gielinor, rivalling the elven city of Prifddinas.
- Bandos arrives on Gielinor to wage war. He brings with him goblins, hobgoblins, ogres, ourgs, and various similar creatures to fight for him.
- The Saradominist kingdom, Hallowvale, is founded in what is now eastern Morytania.
- The Staff of Armadyl is recovered after having been lost for years. It eventually ends up in the hands of Zamorak.
- Zamorak, a Mahjarrat general for Zaros at the time, organises his master's downfall.
- Zamorak ascends to godhood after Zaros' defeat.