Shades of Mort'ton/Quick guide
|Shades of Mort'ton (#61)|
|Release date||18 October 2004 (Update)|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Find the Diary of Herbi Flax on a shelf in a house on the southwest side of the village.|
|Description||The townsfolk of Mort'ton have some form of strange affliction and the town is full of Shades. Can you find some way to reverse this?|
Optional but recommended:
|Enemies to defeat||5 Loar Shades (level 40)|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Start[edit | edit source]
Serum 207[edit | edit source]
- Make two Serum 207 by adding clean tarromin and ashes to a vial of water.
- Use one dose on Razmire (afflicted) in the general store.
- Kill five loar shades and pick up their remains. Note: any shades that you killed before talking to Razmire will not count.
- Return to Razmire and give him the remains. He may require more Serum 207.
- Right click and open his General store, buy an Olive oil.
- Open his builders' store, buy 5 timber beams, 5 limestone bricks, 25 swamp paste and optionally a Flamtaer hammer.
- Use the serum on Ulsquire Shauncy, located in the house east of the general store. Talk to him with Loar Remains.
- Talk to him again and ask about the remains and the temple.
Repairing the temple[edit | edit source]
- Head north-east of Mort'ton and repair the temple until you reach 100% repair and at least 20 sanctity. (use world 377 the official world to make it easier)
- Light the sacred altar in the centre of the temple (or wait until someone else lights it if you don't have level 5 firemaking)
- Use your olive oil on the flame to make sacred oil.
- (Recommended) Use Serum 207 on the flame to make Serum 208, which permanently cures NPCs.
Burning a shade[edit | edit source]
- Use the sacred oil on a log to create a pyre log.
- Head west of Mort'ton general store, to a grouping of 4 stone funeral pyres. Use the pyre log, then Loar remains on a funeral pyre.
- Light the funeral pyre. Warning: This will grant Prayer XP.
- Collect the reward.
- (Recommended) Use the Serum 208 on Razmire.
- Use the Serum 208 on Ulsquire and finish the dialogue.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest Quest points
- 2000 Herblore experience
- 2000 Crafting experience
- Ability to play the Shades of Mort'ton minigame
- Ability to use the Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport
- Bonus: If you take the Diary of Herbi Flax to the Apothecary in Varrock, you'll get an extra 335 Herblore experience. Can only be done once.