Shades of Mort'ton/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Find the Diary of Herbi Flax on a shelf in a house on the south-west side of the village.|
|Description||The townsfolk of Mort'ton have some form of strange affliction and the town is full of Shades. Can you find some way to reverse this?|
|Enemies to defeat||
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Start[edit | edit source]
- Enter the ruined house in the south-west of Mort'ton. Search the shelf on the wall. Read the diary. After reading the diary, the quest is started and you are able to create Serum 207.
- If you didn't bring Tarromin potion (unf): Pick up the empty vials (can be filled in the house north-east) and search the smashed table for 2 tarromin and one rogue's purse.
Serum 207[edit | edit source]
- Make two Serum 207 by adding clean tarromin to a vial of water and then adding ashes.
- Use one dose on Razmire (afflicted) in the general store. (Recommended to not use official Mort'ton temple World 377 yet to not get interrupted talking to the NPCs, until the step with repairing.)
- Kill five loar shades and pick up their remains. Note: any shades that you killed before talking to Razmire will not count.
- Return to Razmire and give him the remains. He may require more Serum 207.
- Right click and open his General store, buy an Olive oil.
- Open his builders' store, buy 5 timber beams, 5 limestone bricks, 25 swamp paste and optionally a Flamtaer hammer.
- Use the serum on Ulsquire Shauncy, located in the house east of the general store. Talk to him with Loar Remains.
- Talk to him again and ask about the remains and the temple.
Repairing the temple[edit | edit source]
- Head north-east of Mort'ton and repair the temple until you reach 100% repair and at least 20 sanctity. (Recommended to use official world 377.)
- Light the sacred altar in the centre of the temple (or wait until someone else lights it if you don't have level 5 firemaking)
- Use your olive oil on the flame to make sacred oil.
- (Recommended) Use Serum 207 on the flame to make Serum 208, which permanently cures NPCs.
Burning a shade[edit | edit source]
- Use the sacred oil on a log to create a pyre log.
- Head west of Mort'ton general store, to any grouping of 4 stone funeral pyres. Use the pyre log, then Loar remains on a funeral pyre.
- Light the funeral pyre. Warning: This will grant Prayer XP.
- Collect the reward.
- (Recommended) Use the Serum 208 on Razmire.
- Use the Serum 208 on Ulsquire and finish the dialogue.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 Quest points
- 2,000 Herblore experience
- 2,000 Crafting experience
- Ability to play the Shades of Mort'ton minigame
- Ability to use the Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport
- Bonus: If you take the Diary of Herbi Flax to the Apothecary in Varrock, you'll get an extra 335 Herblore experience (can only be done once).