Shadow of the Storm/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Father Reen, south of Al-Kharid bank.|
|Description||A sinister group of dark wizards is attempting to summon Agrith-Naar, a demon of exceptional mystical power. Rather than try to prevent them, a Saradomist priest asks the player to help summon the demon and then kill it once and for all. But all is not as it seems…|
|Enemies to defeat||Agrith-Naar (level 100)|
Tip: To save some time, you can buy a black wizard hat from Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim and Priest robes from Varrock, or dye desert robes with black mushroom ink. Note that dyed desert robes no longer protect you from desert heat. Void gear does not count.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Father Reen south of Al Kharid bank.
- Travel to Uzer via the magic carpet (or use the necklace of passage teleport to Eagle's Eyrie and run south-east). You can also use a fairy ring (north-east of fairy ring DLQ). This is a medium Desert task if you have not done it yet.
- Talk to Father Badden near the ruin entrance.
- Pick and grind a black mushroom and dye Silverlight black (you can find some beside the staircase).
- Go down the stairs and grab a copy of the Strange implement in the north-west corner of the ruin.
- Talk to Evil Dave in the dungeon wearing your 3 black items and your dyed Silverlight.
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Denath on the other side of the portal.
- Talk to Jennifer to get a demonic sigil mould.
- Talk to Matthew.
- Go to any furnace and smelt a demonic sigil (use silver bar on furnace and select 'demonic sigil').
- Your black outfit can now be discarded and replaced with combat gear (keep silverlight with you).
- Head back to Uzer.
- Talk to the clay golem outside about last night.
- Search the nearby kilns for a book (there are four kilns – the last two are on the east side of the tent, and by the magic carpet).
- Read the book, and take it to Matthew.
- Go North and talk to Denath. Write down the incantation he tells you.
- Complete the circle and click the sigil in your inventory to chant the incantation (unequip the Silverlight if nothing happens).
- Take the Sigil from the floor.
- Exit the portal and take Tanya's sigil.
- Tell Evil Dave to return to the lair – you should have 4 sigils now.
Rallying the troops[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Father Badden outside.
- Convince Father Reen to join the ritual.
- Talk to the golem, he will refuse to help.
- Use the Strange implement on the golem to reprogram him.
- Talk to the golem again to make him enter the dungeon.
The final fight[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Matthew to start the incantation, say it backwards.
- Kill the demon with any weapon, but the final blow must be with Silverlight.
- Note: Do not run away as the final blow is being dealt or the demon will heal.
- Unequip Darklight and choose your reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 10,000 experience in any combat skill other than Prayer.
- Silverlight turns into the Darklight sword - it has a special attack and is even more powerful against demons. It costs slightly more to replace.
- Six cut gems: two sapphires, two rubies and two emeralds if you used a hammer and chisel on the demon's throne. (Unless you have previously removed the gems in 'The Golem' quest.)