Shadow of the Storm/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Father Reen, south of Al-Kharid bank.|
|Description||A sinister group of dark wizards is attempting to summon Agrith-Naar, a demon of exceptional mystical power. Rather than try to prevent them, a Saradomist priest asks the player to help summon the demon and then kill it once and for all. But all is not as it seems…|
|Enemies to defeat||Agrith-Naar (level 100)|
Tip: To save some time, you can buy a black wizard hat from Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim and Priest robes from Varrock, or dye desert robes with black mushroom ink, a black cape can be used for the third item. Note that dyed desert robes no longer protect you from desert heat. Void gear does not count.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Father Reen south of Al Kharid bank.
- Travel to Uzer via the magic carpet (or use the necklace of passage teleport to Eagle's Eyrie and run south-east). You can also use a fairy ring (north-east of fairy ring DLQ). This is a medium Desert task if you have not done it yet.
- Talk to Father Badden near the ruin entrance.
- Pick and grind a black mushroom and dye Silverlight black (you can find some beside the staircase).
- Go down the stairs and grab a copy of the Strange implement in the north-west corner of the ruin.
- Talk to Evil Dave in the dungeon wearing your 3 black items and your dyed Silverlight.
Ritual[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Denath on the other side of the portal.
- Talk to Jennifer to get a demonic sigil mould.
- Talk to Matthew.
- Go to any furnace and smelt a demonic sigil (use silver bar on furnace and select 'demonic sigil').
- Your black outfit can now be discarded and replaced with combat gear (keep silverlight with you).
- Head back to Uzer.
- Talk to the clay golem outside about last night.
- Search the nearby kilns for a book (there are four kilns – the last two are on the east side of the ruin, and by the magic carpet).
- Read the book, and take it to Matthew on the other side of the portal
- Go North and talk to Denath. Write down the incantation he tells you.
- Complete the circle and click the sigil in your inventory to chant the incantation (unequip the Silverlight if nothing happens).
- Take the Sigil from the floor.
- Exit the portal and take Tanya's sigil.
- Tell Evil Dave to return to the lair – you should have 4 sigils now.
Rallying the troops[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Father Badden outside.
- Convince Father Reen to join the ritual.
- Talk to the golem, he will refuse to help.
- Use the Strange implement on the golem to reprogram him.
- Talk to the golem again to make him enter the dungeon.
The final fight[edit | edit source]
NOTE: this boss can be flinched by standing behind the north western torch.
UIM concerns: After the recent death mechanic changes you will no longer lose all your stuff if you die in an instanced area . "One change that will affect Ultimate Iron players, though, is the way dropped items behave in instanced areas without a retrieval feature. Following this update, dying in an instance will cause your items to be dropped outside the instance – where a non-Ultimate Iron player might find their Gravestone – so that they can be retrieved." so run back to the temple and outside the portal to find all your items.
- Talk to Matthew to start the incantation, say it backwards.
- Kill the demon with any weapon, but the final blow must be with Silverlight.
- Note: Do not run away as the final blow is being dealt or the demon will heal.
- Unequip Darklight and choose your reward.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 10,000 experience in any combat skill other than Prayer.
- Silverlight turns into the Darklight sword - it has a special attack and is even more powerful against demons. It costs slightly more to replace.
- Six cut gems: two sapphires, two rubies and two emeralds if you used a hammer and chisel on the demon's throne. (Unless you have previously removed the gems in 'The Golem' quest.)