|Released||7 January 2016 (Update)|
|Teleports||Xeric's talisman (Xeric's Look out)|
Shayzien is one of the five cities in the Kingdom of Great Kourend. Led by Lord Shiro Shayzien of the Shayzien House, the city is the military force of the kingdom, providing law, order and defence for the region.
All Shayzien citizens are part of the kingdom's army, and are the police force responsible for dealing with crime in Great Kourend, as well as defending the kingdom against the lizardmen, evil creatures created by Xeric, a tyrant who reigned over Great Kourend in the past.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Fairy Ring - Use the code DJR and then run southeast
- Skills necklace - Use the Woodcutting Guild teleport and then walk north
- Kourend Castle Teleport and then run southwest
- Kharedst's memoirs - Use History and hearsay to teleport to the Graveyard of Heroes
Gaining favour[edit | edit source]
Earning Shayzien favour will allow you to fight lizardmen, tackle organised crime in the kingdom to help keep order and earn tiers 1-5 Shayzien armour through the combat ring as the player earns more favour.
Healing wounded soldiers
Wounded soldiers can be found in the Infirmary. In order to heal the soldiers, players must use Shayzien medpacks on them, which are found in the small tent west of the infirmary. Players are given 0.1% favour for every healed soldier.
Players can rotate between the soldiers upstairs and downstairs. By the time the player heals all the soldiers upstairs, the soldiers downstairs will need healing once more. It is a free but somewhat slow way to gain Shayzien favour.
Once players have 5% favour, they are able to enter the Lizardman Canyon to kill lizardmen and their brute counterparts, who can inflict poison. Each lizardman killed gives the player 0.1% Shayzien favour. There are two sections in the canyon; the west, where Lizardman shamans reside in, and the east where there are just lizardmen and lizardmen brutes.
The west side is locked and is only accessible once 100% Shayzien favour is obtained. One can quickly gain a lot of favour by cannoning lizardmen in the multi-combat areas of the canyon, though it can be somewhat costly. At 80 Ranged, it takes about 3000 cannonballs to get 100% favour. Alternatively, with completion of Desert Treasure and moderately high Defence, one can equip melee armour and repeatedly cast Blood Burst on very large amounts of Lizardmen in the eastern part of the Canyon to earn kills. Lizardmen have a 1/250 chance of dropping a Xeric's talisman (this is increased to a 1/125 chance with completion of the easy Kourend & Kebos Diary). This talisman can be charged with fangs they drop to teleport around Great Kourend. Players can check lizardmen kill count by talking to soldiers in the canyon.
Lizardmen commonly drop Xerician fabric which are fairly highly valued and will fill your inventory quickly, especially if using a cannon. So it is recommended to take a needle & thread to craft the fabric into Xerician robes (17 crafting required) effectively requiring less inventory space so that more can be carried in one trip.
Tale of the Righteous
Once players reach 20% favour, they can start the Tale of the Righteous quest. This quest requires completion of Client of Kourend, level 16 Strength and 10 Mining. Completion of the quest will grant a Shayzien favour certificate worth 10% favour.
Tackling organised crime
Once players have 40% favour, they are able to talk to Captain Ginea in the building directly east of the combat ring to help tackle organised crime, where players gain information on where organised crime meetings are taking place and take out the gangsters.
Every 30 minutes, a notice appears on the wall in Captain Ginea's tent. The notice gives the location of an organised crime meeting. After reading the notice, you are prompted to take a note to remind players of the location (needed if you want the favour). The meeting lasts for five minutes.
Once the player obtains 60% favour with the Shayzien, the player can challenge soldiers wandering around the Combat Ring in battle. The only rules when fighting them are that Magic and Ranged combat cannot be used during the battle.
The player must start from the tier-1 soldier and can rise up to challenge tier-5 soldiers in battle. Upon defeat, the soldiers will drop one part of their armour as a reward for the player. To challenge the higher ranked soldiers, you must have armour that is of their tier, or at least one rank lower than theirs. Without it, the talked soldier will redirect you to the lower ranked soldiers.
The player will gain favour at a 0.4% for tier 1, 0.6% for tier 2, 0.8% for tier 3, and 1% for tier 4 soldiers. Tier 5 soldiers give no favour as they require 100% favour to defeat.
General tips and additional information[edit | edit source]
- A Dwarf multicannon against lizardmen and gangsters can speed up kills.
- Earning 100% favour will take players roughly between one and two hours if healing soldiers, killing lizardmen with a cannon until reaching 86%, and winning Shayzien armour for the remaining 14%.
- While waiting for gang meetings, it is strongly suggested to do some favours like healing, combat ring, or lizardmen. Also, using a timer helps.
Shayzien benefits[edit | edit source]
- At 20% favour, players can access Briget's Weapons and Briget's Armour.
- At 60% favour, players can earn tier 1 Shayzien armour by defeating tier 1 soldiers located in the Combat ring.
- At 70% favour, players can earn tier 2 Shayzien armour by defeating tier 2 soldiers located in the Combat ring.
- At 80% favour, players can earn tier 3 Shayzien armour by defeating tier 3 soldiers located in the Combat ring.
- At 90% favour, players can earn tier 4 Shayzien armour by defeating tier 4 soldiers located in the Combat ring.
- At 100% favour, players can earn tier 5 Shayzien armour by defeating tier 5 soldiers located in the Combat ring.
- At 100% favour, players can kill lizardman shamans west of Lizardman Canyon, who can use a special acid attack whose damage can be reduced by wearing Shayzien armour. They are able to drop the dragon warhammer.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
- Captain Rachelle
- Captain Babacus
- Captain Ginea
- Captain Kilian
- Captain Salara
- Drill instructor
- New recruit Tony
- Nurse Boubou
- Nurse Inn'Juree
- Nurse Wooned
- Quartermaster Briget
- Soldier (tier 1)
- Soldier (tier 2)
- Soldier (tier 3)
- Soldier (tier 4)
- Soldier (tier 5)
Concept art[edit | edit source]