|Sheep Shearer (#5)|
|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Paul Gower|
Fred the Farmer's sheep are getting mighty woolly. He will pay you to shear them.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Fred the Farmer in the house by the sheep pen north of Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||Fred the Farmer's sheep are getting mighty woolly. He will pay you to shear them.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to Fred the Farmer about a quest, located at his sheep farm north of Lumbridge. He will give you one, which will be to get 20 balls of wool. The simplest way to complete the quest is to buy 20 balls of wool from a general store, such as the Ardougne general store, the Grand Exchange, or from other players, and then to give them to Fred the Farmer.
You can either use your shears with the sheep or left-click on them to shear them. Sheep with wool will look puffy, and sheep without wool will look skinny. If a sheep has no wool, wait a few minutes and the wool will eventually appear on them. Sometimes, they will run away from you if you try to shear them; just keep trying and you'll eventually get their wool. Once you have 20 pieces of wool, you must now spin them into balls of wool. Enter the Lumbridge Castle and head to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]. Click on the spinning wheel in the room with the large carpet to spin your wool. When they are all balls of wool, go back to Fred the Farmer to finish the quest. If you do not have the space to carry all 20 pieces of wool, you can make smaller deliveries until you reach the required total.
Diversions[edit | edit source]
There are two diversions in this quest:
- Rams - Rams look very similar to sheep. If you left-click them, you'll attack them, as they cannot be sheared. Another way to check if they are sheep or rams is look at their head. Rams have horns and sheep do not.
- "The Thing" - Fred the Farmer will warn you about "The Thing" and tells you to be wary of "it" in the sheep pen. One of the sheep has an option to talk to it. This is "The Thing" Fred the Farmer mentioned. All it is two penguins in a disguise. They have a role in the Cold War quest. If you've tried to shear "The Thing", the penguins will squeak and run from you. You can talk with Fred the Farmer about "The Thing" and have an interesting conversation.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest, along with Cook's Assistant, Doric's Quest and Imp Catcher, is among the fastest possible quests to complete, providing you are carrying the required items in your inventory at the start of the quests.
- Sheep Shearer was one of the 6 quests available during RuneScape's launch.
- Sheep Shearer is the oldest quest in RuneScape, having existed (albeit in incomplete form) in DeviousMUD.
Transcript[edit | edit source]