|Sheep Shearer (#5)|
|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Paul Gower|
Fred the Farmer's sheep are getting mighty woolly. He will pay you to shear them.
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Fred the Farmer in the house by the sheep pen north of Lumbridge Castle.|
|Description||Fred the Farmer's sheep are getting mighty woolly. He will pay you to shear them.|
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Speak to Fred the Farmer about a quest at his sheep farm north of Lumbridge. He will give you one to bring him 20 balls of wool. The fastest way to complete the quest is to buy 20 balls of wool from a general store, such as Aemad's Adventuring Supplies. or the Grand Exchange and then to give them to Fred.
Shear the sheep with shears or use the shears on them. Sheep with wool look puffy and sheep without wool will look skinny, they will grow back their wool after a minute. Sometimes, they will run away from you if you try to shear them; keep trying and eventually you will shear them.
Once you have 20 pieces of wool, you must now spin them into balls of wool. Go to the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Lumbridge Castle. Click on the spinning wheel in the room with the large carpet to spin your wool. When they are all balls of wool, go back to Fred the Farmer to finish the quest. If you do not have the space to carry all 20 pieces of wool, you can make smaller deliveries until you reach the required total.
Diversions[edit | edit source]
There are two diversions in this quest:
- Rams - Rams look very similar to sheep. Left-clicking attacks them, they cannot be sheared. Rams have horns and sheep do not.
- "The Thing" - Fred the Farmer will warn you about "The Thing" and tells you to be wary of "it" in the sheep pen; it is one of the sheep with an option to talk to it. It is actually two penguins in a disguise, from the Cold War quest. Attempting to shear "The Thing" makes the penguins squeak and run from you. You can talk with Fred the Farmer about "The Thing" and have an interesting conversation.
Reward[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest, along with Cook's Assistant, Doric's Quest and Imp Catcher are the fastest possible quests to complete provided you are carrying the required items in your inventory at the start of the quests.
- Sheep Shearer was one of the 6 quests available during RuneScape's launch.
- Sheep Shearer is the oldest quest in RuneScape, having existed, albeit incomplete, in DeviousMUD.
Transcript[edit | edit source]