|Released||16 January 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||Looks like he's seen the inside of a few tombs.|
Always interested in valuable items, Simon will buy the pyramid top retrieved by players who have completed the agility course in the Agility Pyramid for 10,000, as well as any artefacts obtained during the Pyramid Plunder minigame in Sophanem. He will also buy them in noted form from players who have completed the easy Desert diary.
Activities[edit | edit source]
Simon is employed with the Varrock Museum, contracted to retrieve the treasure of Jaleustrophos. He has hurt his back while trying to descend to the pyramid, however, leaving him stranded where he currently is. When given such a pyramid artefact, he remarks that his 'boss' will be pleased and tells people to 'mind their own bizzo' when asked about this boss in relation to the museum.
Apart from his apparent mission for the museum, Simon Templeton is known to have stolen, or attempted to steal, a variety of things from Sophanem. He is wanted by the Sophanites, who regard him as an outright criminal. He is known to have robbed the Temple of the Lesser Gods after its ravaging by the Sect of Scabaras. Indeed, Osman describes him as a greedy grave robber rather than an archaeologist. According to Jex, he has particularly targets shrines to the lesser deity Het, possibly because his is the most humanoid appearance.
He used to have an assistant, Tarik, who is now located in Sophanem, eyeing the Jalsavrah Pyramid. The pyramid's guardian mummy has knowledge of Simon and doubts his ability to judge the value of archaeological artefacts.
Stock[edit | edit source]
|Pyramid top||10,000||Not sold|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Mod Mark stated that his appearance on Bargain Hunt in 2004 may have inspired the character of Simon Templeton.
- If the player brings a Pharaoh's sceptre to him, he will claim it is a fake and will attempt to buy it from the player for 100 coins. The player character will assert that it is a real sceptre and will automatically refuse.
- Simon may be related to Derygull Templeton.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|5 March 2015
(update | poll)
References[edit | edit source]
- Simon Templeton, Old School RuneScape. "I've been contracted to retrieve artefacts from the top of this magnificient pyramid. [...] Well, it's me back...an old injury I picked up in Sophanem has come back to haunt me. I was working for Varrock Museum, but the gold they gave me wasn't even enough to pay for the carpet rides, let alone any decent equipment. But that was a long time ago... I can't even lift a chisel right now. There's no way I can climb all the way up there."
- Sophanem guard, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "Well, I wasn't here when the outbreak took place. We were out of town trying to catch an antiques thief called Simon Templeton."
- Jex, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "In addition, that Templeton rogue made off with some of the damaged stonework. We should hunt him down like the jackal he is."
- Osman, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "Do you know Simon Templeton? [...] Well, that particular grave robber is stuck out in the desert with no real hope of escape because of his greed."
- Jex, "Contact!", Old School RuneScape. "Het is the least strange looking of our deities to foreign eyes; he looks just like us. I suspect this is why his shrines are particularly targeted by the infamous Templeton."
- Tarik, Old School RuneScape. "Simon Templeton, though I haven't seen him since the town gates were closed off. [...] He's an archaeologist, I worked as an assistant for him. Though I work for myself now."
- Guardian mummy, "Pyramid Plunder", Old School RuneScape. "That Simon Simpleton, I mean Templeton, will probably give you some money for them. He couldn't spot a real artefact if it came up to him and bit him in the face."
- Mark Ogilvie. Answers from RS Content. RuneScape Forums. 10 September 2009. (Archived from the original on 26 December 2011.)*
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 September 2021. (Archived from the original on 8 September 2021.) Mod Ash: "Seems incredible if it's a pure coincidence. I think there's likely to be a connection even if it hasn't been confirmed or revealed yet."