|Released||6 February 2020 (Update)|
|Music||The Everlasting Slumber, The Bane of Ashihama|
The Sisterhood Sanctuary, also known as the Slepe Dungeon, is a formerly-sealed subterranean complex beneath Slepe created by the Sisterhood, who were former Justiciars that abandoned Saradomin and pledged allegiance to Zamorak during the Third Age. The entrance can be found via a house just south-west of the town's church.
History[edit | edit source]
When The Sisterhood took residence at a former hermitage north-east of Meiyerditch, they soon expanded the town (the original name of which is not currently known) by building additional houses and digging deeper into the dungeons beneath, where they would build the Sisterhood Sanctuary, a place where they could enact their rites and offerings in peace.
Eventually, Otrava, the Sisterhood's divine healer and a talented chemist, discovered a formula that she named the Elixir of Everlasting, which was said to be able to grant the drinker immortality. Phosani, the leader of the Sisterhood, who desired this elixir in order to be able to live as long as her vampyre lords, drank the elixir alongside other high ranking members of the Sisterhood.
While the elixir did indeed extend their lives, it also caused the drinker to sleep for increasingly longer periods of time, until one day they were trapped in an eternal slumber, never to wake again. Realising the consequences of their meddling with the natural order, the Sisterhood and the people of the town, in accordance with the laws set by Phosani, moved the sleeping members of the Sisterhood deep into the Sanctuary with all their possessions.
Out of respect, the entrance to the Sanctuary was sealed, intended never to be opened until Phosani awoke. Further, the formula for the Elixir of Everlasting was hidden away to prevent others from suffering its side effects. In honour of Phosani, they renamed the town to Sleep, but over the centuries, the spelling was eventually changed to Slepe.
Today, the town is suffering from the Sleeper Plague, with symptoms akin to that of Phosani's many years ago. This plague and the vulnerable, sleeping victims left in its wake have attracted The Nightmare, who was driven out of Ashihama in the Wushanko Isles, to the town. The Nightmare, who drains the life force of sleeping people and gives her victims horrible nightmares, has become much more powerful as a result of her arrival to Slepe.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The two quickest methods of reaching Slepe, where the Sisterhood Sanctuary is found, are:
- Teleporting to Ver Sinhaza via Drakan's medallion, then running north. Once players pass the small dock, run east to arrive at Slepe.
- Using the Ectophial to teleport to the Ectofuntus, then heading north to the small dock and paying Andras 10,000 coins to row to Slepe. The player will arrive at a dock just south-west of Slepe.
Features[edit | edit source]
Dungeon area[edit | edit source]
To the east is the main entrance to the Sisterhood Sanctuary. To the north is a small inaccessible room filled with barrels of blood. Here, players can cast Telekinetic Grab on the bloody grimoire in the room. Further north, the vampyre Kroy can be seen experimenting on potions in a makeshift laboratory. The ladder can be climbed, leading to the ground floor of the Crombwick Manor.
North of Kroy's laboratory, another room with six hidden statues can be seen with an old key laying on the floor, which is used open the chest on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the church above. This room, and by extension the old key, is inaccessible until the player kills Kroy during Sins of the Father.
The area north of Kroy, containing statues covered in cloth.
Sanctuary[edit | edit source]
The Sanctuary is where The Nightmare rests, in the centre of the Sanctuary. Players entering the Sanctuary will first see the Oathbreakers, former Saradomin monks who have converted to the Zamorakian way. Further north, players will find Shura and The Nightmare, where players can fight her. You may bring a Multi-cannon if you wish.
Throughout the Sanctuary are other personalities who have made their way into the Sanctuary:
- Oath Lord D'rows and his Oathbreakers B'ats, E'piws and M'als.
- Sisters Aseret, Naoj and Salohcin, members of The Sisterhood.
- Daer Krand, a former student of Zandar Horfyre, who is doing research on the Elixir of Everlasting.
- Lithil, who is looking for other demons in Morytania.
- Lumiere, a mad vampyre who keeps the candles around the Sanctuary lit.
- Strong Ronny, a timid werewolf who is lost in the Sanctuary.
- Lesser demon lvl 82 east of the Nightmare
- Greater demon lvl 92 north of the Nightmare
- Pyrefiend lvl 43 and Pyrelord lvl 60 east of the Nightmare
Miscellaneous[edit | edit source]
- Skull, wolf bones, ashes and bat bones west of the nightmare on an altar
- Red dye south-west of the nightmare
- Steel pickaxe south-east of the nightmare below the mine field
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Throughout the Sanctuary, there are several ghosts and a lizard that players cannot interact with.
- Upon release, the coffin directly beyond The Nightmare had the examine text "A scratching noise can be heard from within." This was changed the week after to "This coffin looks to be very important. There's a strange noise coming from within." This has been confirmed to be Phosani's coffin with the release of Sister Senga.