Skill Cape (emote)
|Released||18 October 2006 (Update)|
|Requirements||Wearing a Cape of Accomplishment or cabbage cape|
A Skill Cape emote can be performed when the player is wearing the proper Cape of Accomplishment or cabbage cape. The emote has something in common with the skill whose cape they're wearing. For example, the Defence cape Skill Cape emote shows a player defending themselves from different threats. The emote icon depicts a player with a Ranging cape and Ranging equipment, even though player might not get a Ranging cape.
Each Cape of Accomplishment has a different emote. It does not matter if the cape is trimmed or not; the emote is always the same. This emote can be performed on free-to-play worlds, even if it is a members skill.
Unlocking the Music cape first does not unlock the Skill Cape emote.
List of emotes[edit | edit source]
These are the animations produced by operating or using the Skill Cape emote while wearing a Cape of Accomplishment.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|24 September 2015
Skillcape emotes can no longer be performed aboard the Fishing Trawler.
|30 October 2014
The skillcape emote button now lights up for quest cape holders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The shortest emote is the Cabbage cape emote which is 1.00 seconds.
- The Music cape emote is 2.00 seconds, which makes it the shortest skill cape emote that is difficult to obtain.
- The longest emote is the Achievement Diary emote which is 19.00 seconds.
- A bug exists where the emote icon is not highlighted when wearing a cabbage cape even though the emote can be performed.
- Upon initial release of the cabbage cape, players were able to use the cape's Skill Cape emote to complete an elite Falador diary task requiring the player to use a Skill Cape emote at the top of the White Knights' Castle. It was patched very soon after being found.
|Holiday and seasonal events|