|Example combat stats|
A Skill pure, or level 3 Skiller, is a type of pure that only develops non-combat skills. Level 3 skillers keep their Combat skills at level 1, leaving their combat level at 3. This makes it challenging to gain levels, as some regions of Gielinor have high-damage dealing monsters to be wary of, and some simply require quests with combat involved.
Skill pures are recommended to equip a bow without wielding any ammo, to prevent the account from engaging in combat. Bows available to skill pures include the training bow, standard bow, standard crossbow, rain bow, cursed goblin bow, and the phoenix crossbow. Also, skill pures are advised to set attack options on both players and monsters in the options tab to hidden. This is to prevent gaining any Combat experience in the event that a monster is accidentally attacked.
This is a challenging way to compete with the rest, and is seen among level 3s as being really rewarding!
Quests[edit | edit source]
The following quests can be completed by Skill pures as they do not reward the player with any experience points in skills that would raise the character's combat level. Some quests require food and rings of recoil.
Finishing all of these quests would require the skill levels in the box to the right.
|Total level: 338|
|As of 2018-01-01|
- Below Ice Mountain
- Black Knights' Fortress
- Cook's Assistant
- The Corsair Curse [quest not completable for f2p skillers][Quest 1]
- Demon Slayer [quest not completable for f2p skillers] [Quest 1]
- Doric's Quest
- Ernest the Chicken
- Goblin Diplomacy
- The Knight's Sword
- Misthalin Mystery
- Pirate's Treasure
- Prince Ali Rescue
- Romeo & Juliet
- Rune Mysteries
- Shield of Arrav [Quest 2]
- Sheep Shearer
- X Marks the Spot
- Biohazard [Quest 3]
- Bone Voyage
- Client of Kourend
- Clock Tower
- Cold War [Quest 4]
- The Depths of Despair [Quest 5]
- The Dig Site
- Druidic Ritual
- Dwarf Cannon
- Eagle's Peak
- Elemental Workshop I [Quest 6]
- Enlightened Journey
- The Feud [Quest 7]
- Fishing Contest
- The Forsaken Tower
- Gertrude's Cat
- Getting Ahead
- The Golem
- The Hand in the Sand
- Hazeel Cult [Quest 8]
- Icthlarin's Little Helper
- Jungle Potion
- Lost City [Quest 9]
- The Lost Tribe
- Merlin's Crystal
- Monk's Friend
- Murder Mystery
- Observatory Quest [Quest 10]
- One Small Favour [Quest 11]
- Plague City
- A Porcine of Interest
- The Queen of Thieves
- Recipe for Disaster [Quest 12]
- Sea Slug
- Sheep Herder
- Shilo Village
- A Tail of Two Cats
- Tai Bwo Wannai Trio [Quest 13]
- Tears of Guthix [Quest 14]
- The Tourist Trap
- Tower of Life
- Tribal Totem
Notes (quests)[edit | edit source]
- You can complete this quest without gaining combat experience. When fighting the demon, you may use rings of recoil. You only need to attack the demon once to make him attack you. You don't need to do damage with that hit. You can equip a berserker necklace to lessen the chance of dealing damage/gaining experience. After that, click the ground with auto retaliate off and wait until the demon dies from recoils. The chant will appear. The final hit does NOT have to be dealt by Silverlight.
- In Shield of Arrav, it is recommended that you join the Black Arm Gang, because though a level 30 weaponsmaster must be killed to retrieve the Phoenix crossbows, you may enlist the help of another player to kill him for you.
- It is not necessary to deal any damage apart from using rings of recoil to kill the Mourner.
- In Cold War, exiting the cage with icelords gives 40 Attack experience. This is not required for unlocking the Penguin agility course.
- You will need rings of recoil to kill the Sand Snake.
- Though it is possible to kill the Earth elemental with rings of recoil, you will not get the ore from him unless (at minimum) a single point of damage is inflicted.
- It is not necessary to deal any damage apart from using rings of recoil to kill the Tough Guy and Bandit Champion.
- In Hazeel Cult, you must choose Hazeel's side to prevent combat.
- In Lost City, you must kill a Dramen Tree Spirit. It is encouraged to bring a friend or to use rings of recoil until the spirit is nearly dead, and then deal a point of damage (Ranged is recommended, as you can attack it from cover), followed by recoiling it to death.
- In Observatory Quest, the constellation may give Combat experience. If this happens, simply refrain from talking to the professor.
- One Small Favour is possible with the help of high level friends
- Only the beginning, Dwarf, Goblin General, and Pirate Pete subquests are able to be completed as a skiller.
- The quest itself awards no experience, but talking to the three brothers afterwards will give 5k Cooking, 5k Fishing, and 2.5k Attack and Strength experience. Do not talk to Tamayu if you wish to avoid the Attack and Strength rewards.
- Though the quest itself is able to be completed without increasing Combat experience, the after-quest minigame, Tears of Guthix, is not advised as it rewards experience in your lowest skill.
Achievement diaries[edit | edit source]
These following diaries can be done by skill pure whilst keeping Combat at level 3.
- Ardougne Diary (Easy)
- Desert Diary (Easy) [Diary 1]
- Falador Diary (Easy)
- Kandarin Diary (Easy)
- Karamja Diary (Easy)
- Lumbridge & Draynor Diary (Easy)
- Varrock Diary (Easy)
- Kourend & Kebos Diary (Easy) [Diary 2]
Notes (diaries)[edit | edit source]
- Opening the sarcophagus yields 20 Strength experience.
- Sandcrabs have many hitpoints and can therefore despawn before dying to poison or recoil. Using ring of recoil and a poisoned dagger to inflict 1 damage and to take down the Sandcrab quickly. This can be done without gaining combat experience through the stalled interface attack on spawn method.
Minigames[edit | edit source]
There are also certain activities a skill pure can do. Activities listed below are possible to play whilst keeping Combat at level 3.
- Barbarian Assault
- Blast Mine
- Blast Furnace
- Burthorpe Games Room
- Brimhaven Agility Arena
- Castle Wars
- Clan Wars
- Duel Arena
- Fishing Trawler
- Gnome Restaurant
- Last Man Standing
- The Motherlode Mine
- Pyramid plunder
- Rogues' Den
- Rogue Trader
- Sorceress's Garden
- Tithe Farm
- Treasure Trails
- TzHaar Fight Cave
Notes (activities)[edit | edit source]
Strategies[edit | edit source]
|Slayer||Gives access to more equipment. (The bug lantern is unlocked at 33 Slayer.)|
|Agility||Reduces energy usage rate, for quests with monsters on paths.|
Some skill pures also have a set-up when doing quests or activities involving combat. Here's a common one that keeps the items up to three to prevent losing items.
|Main hand||Any bow (without ammo, prevents combat)|
|Boots||Boots of lightness (reduces weight)|
|All but weapon, shield, ring slots||Graceful outfit (reduces weight, set effect increases run energy restore rate)|
|Ring||Ring of recoil (deals damage to enemies)|
See also[edit | edit source]
|Free-to-play combat pures|
|Pay-to-play combat pures|