Skotos is a pet dropped by Skotizo. It is a much smaller version of Skotizo. The pet has one of the highest drop rates for a one-off pet at 1/65; this is due to the time it takes to assemble a dark totem being taken into account.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed. However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack.
If a players inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet; it must instead be claimed from Probita in East Ardougne for a reclaim token, which costs 1,000,000 coins.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around the area for 30 seconds before despawning. Even if the player returns in time, the pet cannot be picked up, and can be reclaimed from Probita for a reclaim token.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- "Skótos" ("σκότος") is Ancient Greek for darkness, referencing Skotos' dark appearance and demonic nature.
- The pet was not released at the same time as Skotizo itself in 2016; rather, it was offered in Old School Content Poll #51: Slayer & Dungeons almost eight months later, and passed by 91.9%.
- While Skotizo's model uses the standard greater demon model for its animations, Skotos uses the model for K'ril Tsutsaroth, even inheriting the stomping sound that it uses.
- Upon looking closely at Skotos' face through the chathead or other, a small purple eye is visible just above his mouth.
- Skotos had a festive override wearing a black santa hat during the 2017, 2018, and 2019 Christmas events.