Skotos is a pet dropped by Skotizo. It is a much smaller version of Skotizo.
When a player receives the pet, it will automatically try to appear as their follower. At the same time, a red message in the chatbox will state You have a funny feeling like you're being followed.
However, if a player receives a pet while having a follower out (for example, a cat), it will be placed into their inventory. When this occurs, the message in the chatbox will instead state You feel something weird sneaking into your backpack. If a player's inventory is full and they have a follower already, they will not receive the pet.
On death, if a player loses their pet (as a follower or in your inventory) it will wander around for 30 seconds before disappearing completely.
Players can pay a one-time fee of 500,000 coins to Probita in East Ardougne to have this pet insured. Should the pet be lost while insured, it can be reclaimed for 1,000,000 coins.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
- "Skótos" ("σκότος") is Ancient Greek for darkness, referencing Skotos' dark appearance and demonic nature.
- The pet was not released at the same time as Skotizo itself in 2016; rather, it was offered in Old School Content Poll #51 almost eight months later, and passed by 91.9%.
- While Skotizo's model uses the standard greater demon model for its animations, Skotos uses the model for K'ril Tsutsaroth, even inheriting the stomping sound that it uses.
- The pet has one of the highest drop rates for a one-off pet at 1/65, one of the highest along with olmlet. This is due to the time it takes to assemble a dark totem being taken into account.
- Upon looking closely at Skotos' face through the chathead or other, a small purple eye is visible just above his mouth.