The skull sceptre (i) is an imbued version of the skull sceptre.
Like the regular skull sceptre, the imbued sceptre can be used to teleport to Barbarian Village, and members can use it to autocast spells from the Arceuus spellbook.
Unlike the regular skull sceptre, this sceptre does not break after depleting the teleport charges, and it can be recharged with bone fragments or sceptre pieces as explained below. As it is one of the few teleport items available to free-to-play, it is highly desired among those players.
It can be obtained by players who have set up the RuneScape Authenticator by showing a skull sceptre and a pair of fancy or fighting boots (possibly equipped) to Solztun in the Stronghold of Security.
Warning: should players disable the Authenticator, the sceptre will revert back to a regular skull sceptre.
Currently, the staff can only autocast combat spells from the Arceuus spellbook.
The sceptre has two right-click options:
- Invoke: The player will be teleported to the entrance of the Stronghold of Security in Barbarian Village. One charge will be consumed.
- Divine: A dialog box opens up that shows the number of remaining charges.
The sceptre can hold a maximum of 10 charges by default. Once the player has completed the easy, medium, hard and elite Varrock Diary, the sceptre can hold 14, 18, 22, and 26 charges respectively.
At any time, players can use bone fragments or sceptre pieces on the sceptre (which has to be in the inventory) to recharge it. Each fragment gives one charge. The amount of charges that a sceptre piece gives can be seen in the table below. It is the same as the amount of bone fragments that would be obtained by using a chisel on the sceptre piece.
|28 April 2021
The sceptre's magic attack bonus has been increased from +4 to +10.
|18 November 2020
(update | poll)
- Bone fragments can now be used to charge the sceptre.
- The base number of charges you can hold on a completed Sceptre has been raised from 5 to 10.
- Each completed tier of the Varrock Achievement Diary increases the number of max charges to 14, 18, 22, and 26 respectively.
- Skull Sceptres are no longer destroyed they are dropped or killed and unprotected.
- Multiple can be owned.
- Multiple imbued Skull Sceptres share the same charges, but are only recharged with fragments, Sceptre pieces, or whole Skull Sceptres.
- Unimbuing one imbued skull sceptre now unimbues them all, same rule for imbuing.