|Other||Priest in Peril|
Vampyres can by assigned as a slayer task at by various slayer masters once the player has completed Priest in Peril and achieved at least level 35 combat. Mostly confined to the Morytania region, access to different variants of vampyres are usually tied to progression within the Myreque questline. From feral vampyres to vyrewatch sentinels, players of all different skill levels can find a worthy challenge in vampyre tasks.
The easiest variant of vampyres to kill, Feral Vampyres can be a good money making activity for mid-level players and can be found in the Haunted Woods, Abandoned Mine, Wilderness God Wars Dungeon, and God Wars Dungeon. Unlock other variants, these vampyres can be slain with any weapon type.
After completing the quest In Aid of the Myreque, Vampyre Juvinates are another option available to the player. Ranging from combat level 50 to combat level 119, they provide a good challenge for players of all skill levels. However, vampyre juvinates are generally more difficult to kill than their feral vampyre counterparts. Player must use either silver weaponry or efaritay's aid to damage vampyre juvinates, and the combination of poor drops, frustrating mechanics, and lackluster experience rates make these an uncommon choice for adventurers.
If the player has completed a Taste of Hope and have access to the Ivandis flail, they can choose to slay the more challenging but also more rewarding Vyrewatch. Due to the requirements needed to start A Taste of Hope, Vyrewatch have a de facto slayer level requirement of 38 to kill. Players can use Drakan's Medallion to minimize travelling time back and forth from the bank, and the player can expect to receive good and consistent drops as well as modest slayer experience if they choose this method.
For those who meet the requirement, the most commonly used method to complete a vampyre task is to kill Vyrewatch Sentinels after beginning Sins of the Father. These monsters are exclusive to Darkmeyer, and due to quest requirements have a de facto slayer level requirement of 50 to kill. Vyrewatch Sentinels are always aggressive to the player as long as they aren't wearing vyre noble clothing. In addition, the Drakan's medallion teleport places the play near a large number of vyrewatch sentinels and is just a few tiles away from a bank and an alter that replenishes prayer points at the cost of 1-3 health. As part of the vyrewatch, vyrewatch sentinels are only able to be damaged by the Ivandis flail or Blisterwood flail, the latter of which gives a stackable 25% damage bonus and 5% accuracy bonus against vampyres. These tasks are convenient due to the low focus required, great and consistent drops, formidable slayer experience per hour, and convenience to the player.
Slayer Unlocks[edit | edit source]
|Actual Vampyre Slayer||80||Konar, Duradel, Nieve, and Chaeldar will be able to assign Vampyres as your task.|
|More at stake||100||Number of Vampyres assigned is increased to 200-250.|
Monster Variants[edit | edit source]
|Monster||Combat level||Slayer XP||Locations||Notes|
Location Comparison[edit | edit source]
|Burgh de Rott||
6 Feral Vampyre
6 Vampyre Juvinates
|God Wars Dungeon||
13 Feral Vampyre
19 Feral Vampyres
4 Vampyre Juvinates
|Wilderness God Wars Dungeon||
2 Feral Vampyres
Exceptions[edit | edit source]
- Count Draynor from the quest Vampyre Slayer does count towards a slayer task, and rewards 35 experience. Within the Nightmare Zone, the count rewards 35 experience in normal mode and 210 in hard mode.
- Dessous from the quest Desert Treasure rewards 220 slayer experience when slain on task. His normal and hard varients within the Nightmare Zone rewards 220 and 300 experience respectively.
- It is unknown if Vanstrom Klause from the quest Darkness of Hallowvale counts towards a slayer task.
- It is unknown if Ranis Drakan from the quest A Taste of Hope counts towards a slayer task. It is also unknown if the other vampyres fought during the quest count towards a slayer task.
- It is unknown if Damien Leucurte, Kroy, and Vanstrom Klause from the quest Sins of the Father count towards a slayer task. It is also unknown if the other vampyres fought during the quest count towards a slayer task.