|Released||24 May 2018 (Update)|
|Inhabitants||Humans, Vampyres, Vyrewatch|
|Location on World Map|
Slepe (pronounced "sleep") is a small coastal town which occupies an area east of Meiyerditch and Darkmeyer. The town is home to the sleeper plague, which causes infected people to fall into a deep eternal sleep, giving the town its name.
History[edit | edit source]
The town was originally founded by Lady Phosani and her band of former Saradominist Justiciars who abandoned Saradomin's cause following Lowerniel Drakan's conquest of the area then known as Hallowvale. Phosani and the others offered their troops as tithes and sacrifices to Lowerniel, who accepted their offer. In return, he allowed them the land east of Darkmeyer. Phosani and the others created a small hermitage and grew a Zamorakian sisterhood, attracting more like-minded human followers in the process.
Compared to the other human settlements of Morytania, Slepe was the only settlement where their inhabitants willingly gave up their blood to the tithe collectors.
Eventually, Otrava discovered the Elixir of Everlasting, a potion said to extend the lifespan of those who drank it. Phosani and the others, who wished to live as long as their vampyre overlords, drank the potion, unaware of its deadly side effect at the time. With this potion, the members of the Sisterhood oversaw the construction of an underground sanctuary due to their revitalized youth.
The deadly side effect of the potion kicked in sometime afterwards. Seeing the danger the potion caused, the inhabitants of Slepe moved the afflicted to the sanctuary and locked them inside for their own safety. The town, called Sleep at the time, was soon changed to Slepe in an unknown incident. The locals dubbed the disease as the Sleeper Plague, but due to the precautions set in place by Phosani, there appeared to be no further incidents until Year 169 of the Fifth Age, when the Sleeper Plague was recreated by the vampyre Kroy and his master Damien Leucurte to gather more blood. The locals blamed it on the Painted One, who was actually a traveler from Varlamore, and killed him in the mistaken belief that it would end the plague. Kroy and Damien were killed at the same time, which ended the re-emergence of the plague.
However, more than enough damage had been done, as the locals were unable to cure those afflicted, and in addition to this, a malevolent entity broke into the underground sanctuary to feast on those afflicted by the Sleeper Plague.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The quickest methods of reaching Slepe are as follows:
- Teleporting to Ver Sinhaza via Drakan's medallion, then running north. Once players pass the small dock, run east to arrive at Slepe.
- Using the Ectophial to teleport to the Ectofuntus, then heading north to the small dock and paying Andras 10,000 coins to row to Slepe. The player will arrive at a dock just south-west of Slepe.
- Teleporting to Darkmeyer via Drakan's medallion, then use the shortcut on the eastern wall of Darkmeyer.
- Teleport to Burgh de Rott with the Morytania legs 3 or 4 or to the Shades of Mort'ton minigame teleport after completing the Shades of Mort'ton quest which has a 20 minute cooldown then go south to Burgh de Rott. Go to the southern shore and use the boat to go to Meiyerditch. Traverse the wall obstacles, run east along the shore and then enter Ver Sinhaza. Go north through the opening in the wall to arrive at Slepe.
Places of interest[edit | edit source]
Church[edit | edit source]
Port[edit | edit source]
Players can travel between Port Phasmatys (just outside the town, north of the Ectofuntus) and the small port south-west of Slepe. Andras charges players 10,000 coins if they are travelling to Slepe from Port Phasmatys, but will not charge them if they are travelling to Port Phasmatys from Slepe.
Bar[edit | edit source]
Sisterhood Sanctuary[edit | edit source]
Under the town is the Sisterhood Sanctuary, accessible by climbing down the stairs in the small house next to the church.
Manor[edit | edit source]
The Crombwick Manor is the residence of Lord Crombwick. As the entrances to the manor are locked, it is only accessible via the ladder in Kroy's laboratory in the Sisterhood Sanctuary. It has been invaded by Damien Leucurte, vampyre juveniles and vyrewatch, and as a result appears messy.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Chaos druid (level 13)
- Chaos druid warrior (level 37)
- Vampyre Juvenile (level 45)
- Swamp Crab (level 55)
- Vyrewatch (level 105)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The basement of the house directly west of the Sisterhood Sanctuary entrance (with the icon) is a replication of the Forman Basement from the FOX comedy That '70s Show.
- With the release of the Theatre of Blood on 7 June 2018, a grave was added just north-west of the Crombwick Manor in memory of TotalBiscuit, a British game critic on YouTube. The grave's examine reads He was always there to ask and answer one simple question., which is the opening statement of his video series "WTF is (name of game)", in which he explains and reviews certain video games.
- Slepe is the medieval name for St Ives, a market town near Cambridge (where Jagex is based).