Rather than providing increased experience, each piece gives a 20% chance to speed up Smithing actions performed at an anvil by 1 tick, up to an 100% chance with the full set. Each piece also gives a 20% chance to give increased progress on preforms in the Giants' Foundry, with the whole outfit giving a 100% chance. For Giants' Foundry, this effectively results in experience gain of approximately 15%, depending on difficulty of the sword.
Although the blacksmith's helm matches the appearance of the smith's uniform, it is not a part of the outfit and does not count towards the set bonus.
|Item||Cost (Foundry Reputation)|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Initial concept art for the Smiths' Uniform, by Mod Soffan.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The uniform is of dwarven origin.
- Despite this, the uniform is human-sized, bigger than any dwarf and smaller than any giant seen in-game.
- Kovac claims to have obtained the uniform from a friend of his.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. "Giants' Foundry - Concept & Rewards". 19 April 2022. (Archived from the original.) Old School RuneScape News. "This kit sees you don some ancient Dwarven-wear that Kovac has acquired... somehow (that's all a bit mysterious!) and can be purchased from the Reward Shop."
- Jagex. Postbag 30 - "Transcript:Mortals heed, this chaotic letter. Come and read, you had better.", 8, by Kovac. Old School RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. "Kovac did not steal it! Kovac not hurt any body, not giant, not dweeb… dwarf. [...] Uh… Kovac get it from giant friend. Not sure where she get it… sure it was all leggy hittimat."