|Released||26 April 2005 (Update)|
|Teleports||Pharaoh's sceptre (Jalsavrah)|
|Music||City of the Dead, Back to Life|
|Location on World Map|
Sophanem, the "City of the Dead", is located far south in the Kharidian Desert, right on the edge of the map. In order to gain access to this city, players either need to progress far enough into the Icthlarin's Little Helper quest, or they may enter by teleporting to the Pyramid Plunder minigame using the Pharaoh's sceptre, then exiting the pyramid. The city is currently being afflicted by several plagues. A bank and some shops open after Contact! quest. Players come here to get good Thieving experience at Pyramid Plunder or for a hard clue scroll.
Travel[edit | edit source]
- The Pharaoh's sceptre can teleport you directly inside the Pyramid Plunder minigame with the Jalsavrah option.
- The magic carpet system can be used to travel to Sophanem from southern Pollnivneach (if you have completed Icthlarin's Little Helper)
- You can use the Construction cape to teleport to Pollnivneach, then run south to the carpet to Sophanem.
- Fairy ring code DLQ is some distance away but probably an option if the above two are not available.
- Teleport to Nardah and run south-west.
Shortcut[edit | edit source]
A shortcut just east of the bank at the wall leads to the camp just north of Sophanem and west of the Agility Pyramid.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
Sophanem Dungeon[edit | edit source]
The Sophanem Dungeon is under the bank and features heavily in the Contact! quest. It can be extremely dangerous.
Altar[edit | edit source]
There is an altar where a player may recharge prayer on the west side of the city.
Pyramid Plunder[edit | edit source]
Shops[edit | edit source]
Shops opened after the Contact! quest:
- Blades by Urbi (north) - daggers bronze to dragon, scimitar bronze to steel
- Jamila's Craft Stall (east) - moulds and other crafting supplies
- Nathifa's Bake Stall (west of carpenter) - bread, cake, chocolate slice, waterskin(4)
- The Spice is Right (southwest store) - sells pots, gnome spice and antipoison potions
- Carpenter (east) - involved in the Icthlarin's Little Helper quest
- Raetul and Co's Cloth Store.
NPCs[edit | edit source]
- Sophanem guard
- Stone mason
- Neferti the Camel
- High Priest
- Guardian mummy
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 April 2015
Attempting to open the gates to Menaphos no longer takes you to the gates of Sophanem.
|29 January 2015
(update | poll)
Entering and leaving Sophanem is now significantly faster.
|26 April 2005
The area was made accessible to players.
|18 April 2005
The area was first added ingame.