The Sorceress's Garden is a Thieving/Farming minigame located in Al-Kharid. In it, players attempt to sneak past guards in order to steal sq'irk fruit to make sq'irkjuice, or herbs from the garden.
Sq'irkjuice can be exchanged with Osman or Selim for Thieving experience or be used to temporarily increase your Thieving level and restore run energy.
If you talk to Osman after completing the Prince Ali Rescue quest (or Selim after completing Beneath Cursed Sands), you will find out that he wants to get sq'irkjuice, but the sorceress with whom he normally deals now refuses to give it to him. To this end, he will enlist you to steal sq'irk fruit from her garden. You can get to the garden from the apprentice who works in the house near the Shantay Pass.
Location of the sorceress' house.
The garden is divided into five areas. You appear in the central garden with a fountain and Del-Monty the cat. Drinking from the fountain will teleport you back to the Sorceress's house. Del-Monty will tell you about the garden and the minigame if you speak to him while wearing a catspeak amulet or have completed Dragon Slayer II to the point of being enchanted (after which the player can speak to cats without the amulet).
Surrounding the central garden are four seasonal gardens, each of which has a Sq'irk tree:
- The Winter garden has a tree with withered fruits.
- The Spring garden has a tree with nearly-ripe fruits.
- The Autumn garden has a tree with over-ripe fruits.
- The Summer garden has a tree with perfectly ripe fruits.
You can only enter a seasonal garden if your current Thieving level matches or exceeds the garden's required level. Fruits gained from a garden can be crushed into an empty beer glass using a pestle and mortar to make sq'irkjuice. Beer glasses needed for this minigame can be obtained for free by searching the shelves in the Sorceress's house.
||# of Sq'irks
||Run Energy Recovery
||Experience From Osman
||Experience Per Fruit
You can only pick one fruit per trip, or if you pick herbs instead, you will always get two clean herbs at once before you are teleported out of the garden. The types of herbs will vary, but picking them will always yield 50 Farming experience, or 25 experience per herb, regardless of which garden is chosen. You may enter the seasonal gardens again for more resources. Crushing sq'irks always gives 5 Cooking experience, regardless of the season.
To leave the garden, simply drink from the fountain located in the central garden. Alternatively, use an amulet of glory or ring of dueling to teleport to Al Kharid, which gets you close to Osman to hand him the sq'irkjuice.
Getting through a garden is much easier with Energy toggled on. Low weight and a decent Agility level helps significantly extend the length of time you can run. Wear weight-reducing gear and use stamina or super energy potions if possible. Main articles linked below include strategies and recommended inventory setup.
- Beer glasses can be made using the Crafting skill or obtained by searching the shelves in the house that the apprentice and Aadeela the Sorceress are in.
- It is possible to get into the gardens by using Thieving boosts, such as those from the juices themselves.
- The elementals can only "see" and teleport the player when there are two or less squares between them and the player.
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
- According former Jagex developer Mod James, Sorceress's Garden was originally planned as part of a subquest of Recipe For Disaster, but was repurposed due to being finished after said quest.