Speedrunning guide/F2P Champions' Guild Ironman
|Category Goal||Enter the Champions' Guild (Which requires 32 Quest Points) as a Free to Play Ironman.|
|Start point||Timing starts upon the character creation screen disappearing on Tutorial Island.|
|End point||Timing ends upon seeing "Greetings bold adventurer. Welcome to the guild of Champions." when entering the Champions' Guild.|
|Category Specific Rules||
These rules apply to all categories, in addition to any other category specific rules.
These are the verbose notes for the F2P Champions' Guild Ironman category. These notes contain very detailed information to guide you through the run, and can be used when learning the run.
The goal of this category is to enter the Champions' Guild, which requires 32 Quest points. This is currently the fastest known route, and was the culmination of a lot of work by the OSRS speedrunning community.
For general speedrunning information please see the Speedrunning guide section.
Category Guide[edit | edit source]
Start[edit | edit source]
This route requires you to enable Authenticator so you can claim the 2000 coins from the first level of the Stronghold of Security. Here is a quick guide on how to do that. If this is too annoying, you can alternatively grab 8 pairs of steel platelegs from the wilderness at the start of the run and sell them at the Lumbridge General store.
- Navigate to the Create Your Account page
- Enter an actual email address for your login name. You do need to verify your email.
- An easy way to do this for multiple accounts while using only one gmail account is to put a +# somewhere in the address.
- Any email of the format <name>+<anything>@gmail.com will send the email to <name>@gmail.com
- So if your email is email@example.com, you can create an account with the name firstname.lastname@example.org or cow1337killer+A@gmail.com and the confirmation email will arrive at your email@example.com inbox.
- Fill out the rest of your account details and press Play Now.
- Wait for the verification email to arrive, then click to verify your email. Do this before logging in to the website.
- Click 'Account' on runescape.com or 'Account Settings' on oldschool.runescape.com and log in to the new account.
- Set a display name first.
- Set up your Authenticator by scanning the code with an authenticator app and entering the code it gives you on the website.
- Log in to the Oldschool Runescape client and enter your authentication code. Press "remember me for 30 days" and you will not have to type it again.
- Timer starts when you press accept on the character creation screen.
Tutorial Island[edit | edit source]
It is recommended to check out the tutorial island world record for general ideas of how to do this section quickly (Multilog or non-multilog depending on your run type): Tutorial Island Leaderboard
- Talk to the RuneScape Guide.
- Click the settings panel.
- Talk to the RuneScape Guide again.
- Click the door to exit the starting building
- Complete the Survival Expert segment.
- As you have time running around, enable shift click drop.
- Drop your items as you can to not run out of run.
- Finish the cooking, quest, and mining guide segments.
- Complete the combat guide segment, using accurate for melee and rapid for ranged.
- Complete the bank segment.
- Skip the poll booth segment by:
- Clicking the poll both, keeping a "Open Door" prompt open.
- Clicking that prompt when the camera view changes.
- Complete the account and prayer guide segment.
- Become an Ironman by talking to Paul.
- Select the "Standard Iron Man" option, and setup bank pin now.
- You will need to enter a bank pin twice here, and the pin cannot be too simple or it will be rejected.
- Finish the magic guide segment.
- Teleport off of Tutorial Island.
Lumbridge[edit | edit source]
- Walk to the Lumbridge general store.
- On the way, drop axe, tinderbox, net, shrimps, bread, pot, arrows, earth runes, body runes.
- Type ::toggleroofs into the chat box to avoid having to go in the menu. Roofs are automatically toggled on when finishing the tutorial, so you cannot do this any earlier.
- Sell: Dagger, Sword, Shield, Bow
- Buy: Spade
39 25 15 6
- Run to Veos in The Sheared Ram to start X Marks the Spot.
- Enter the church from the north and talk to Father Aereck to start The Restless Ghost.
- Dig north of the house connected to Bob's Axes for X Marks the Spot (north of the west window).
- Talk to Count Check in the graveyard to teleport to the Stronghold of Security.
- Enter the Stronghold of Security and complete the first level only and claim the 2000gp.
- Take the far north path.
- The questions are randomized, but if you spam click the doors you will eventually get no question and be allowed straight through.
- If you cannot claim the 2000gp, reread the top of this guide for info on how to enable Authenticator.
- Deposit all items except for your spade at the Varrock West bank deposit box.
- Talk to Romeo to start Romeo_&_Juliet
- Talk to Juliet upstairs after running west.
- Die to a guard.
Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
- Dig outside of the back Lumbridge castle door for X Marks the Spot (west of the crate).
- Pick 5 onions from behind Farmer Fred's house.
- Run to the north of Draynor Jail and dig for X Marks the Spot (brown patch of earth north of bush).
- Talk to Morgan to start Vampyre Slayer
- Go upstairs in Morgan's house and take a garlic from his cabinet.
- Bank at Draynor bank.
- Head into Draynor Market.
- Optional for safety: Buy up to 5 wines from Fortunato.
- Buy: 7 chronicle cards and a chronicle from Diango.
- Money here is tight, so buy 2 cards, then buy the chronicle, then buy 5 cards.
- If you accidentally spend a bit too much, you can just buy fewer of each rune later, or sell a few water runes to the general store.
- Dig in the Draynor pig pen for X Marks the Spot.
- Run to the north Port Sarim dock.
- Talk to Redbeard Frank to start Pirate's Treasure.
- Use the casket on Veos to finish X Marks the Spot and use the rewarded lamp on Magic.
- Take the boat to Karamja by talking to either Seaman Lorris, Captain Tobias, or Seaman Thresnor.
- Go to Zambo.
- Pick 10 bananas from the plantation.
- Talk to Luthas.
- Right click and "Fill" the crate with bananas.
- Put the rum in the crate.
- Talk to Luthas again to get your payment and send the crate.
- Take the boat back to Port Sarim.
- Take a White apron from the fishing shop and equip it.
- Go to Wydin's Food Store.
- Click the door to the back room to get in.
- Take your rum from the banana crate.
- Use the deposit box by the Monks of Entrana to deposit all pots of flour, wines, and beers.
- Talk to Redbeard Frank again and trade your rum for a key.
- Go to Betty's Magic Emporium.
- Enter Rimmington mine from the north.
- Go to Rimmington.
- Burn your meat on the range in the north-eastern house (cook it again if it cooks successfully).
- Fill your bucket in the sink.
- Talk to Hetty to start Witch's Potion.
- Kill a rat in the ranging shop with wind strikes and pick up its tail.
- Pick up a log in the ranging shop.
- Go back to Hetty and complete Witch's Potion by talking to her then clicking the cauldron.
- Chronicle teleport.
- Die to a Dark wizard.
Varrock[edit | edit source]
- Go through every dialogue option with Death, then leave.
- Run west out of Lumbridge castle to Draynor jail.
- Talk to Lady Keli to get the key print
- Go to Father Urhney's shack in Lumbridge swamp.
- Talk to him to get the ghostspeak amulet.
- Chronicle teleport.
- Grab the bones from where you died before.
- Run east through the Dark wizards to the berry bushes.
- Pick a cadava berry and 4 Redberries.
- Chronicle teleport.
- Reclaim your gravestone. If you skip this, your ores will end up in death's office.
- Die to a Dark wizard (We do this to restore our run energy).
- Chronicle teleport.
- Reclaim your gravestone again.
- Go to the Blue Moon Inn.
- Talk to the bartender to buy beer.
- Go upstairs and open the chest at the end of the hall.
- Read the message message and drop it.
- Go back downstairs.
- Talk to Dr. Harlow.
- Talk to Dr. Harlow again to give the beer and get the stake.
- Go to Thesselia's Fine Clothes
- Talk to Aris.
- Screenshot the Delrith incantaction in the cutscene.
- Go to Zaff's Staffs. (Optional, but recommended for beginners) (if money doesn't work out after this then sell some runes to the general store)
- Talk to Romeo until he takes the letter.
- Go to Horvik's Armour shop.
- Go to Varrock Castle.
- Fill up your bucket with water from the castle's fountain.
- Talk to Sir Prysin.
- Talk to Captain Rovin on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the castle's north-west corner.
- Go to the castle kitchen and pour water down the drain outside.
- Refill your bucket at the castle's fountain.
- Go to Varrock's north-east church.
- Talk to Father Lawrence.
- Enter the sewers and grab the second key from the west path.
- Minigame teleport to Clan wars, taking you to Ferox Enclave.
Draynor Manor[edit | edit source]
- Deposit all items.
- Enter the white portal to refresh your run energy.
- Run south through the barrier.
- Run south-east and pick up 12 bones, hop worlds, pick up 12 more bones.
- If you forgot to grab a bone from your grave earlier, hop worlds again for another.
- Bank at Ferox Enclave
- Enter the white portal again.
- Home teleport.
- Go to the Lumbridge general store.
- Smelt bronze bar in Lumbridge furnace
- Shear 3 sheep
- Exit with the stile
- Run north into the pen and grab an egg
- Milk a cow north of this
- Start Ernest the Chicken by talking to Veronica.
- Enter the manor.
- Pick up the fish food from the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
- Pick up the poison from the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] kitchen.
- Combine fish food and poison.
- Go to the basement and light your logs to let them burn while you do the lever puzzle.
- Complete the basement level puzzle to get the oil can. [BA, D, BA, EF, C, E]
- Don't forget to pick up your ashes as soon as your fire goes out.
- Use the eastern manor stairs.
- Kill Count Draynor.
- Safespot him by:
- Going south, to the tile east of the skeleton on the southern wall.
- Going one tile north to step under him
- If he paths south, walk one tile west for the safespot, otherwise repeat.
- Maximising damage on Count Draynor: with garlic in inventory, your first attack will deal 10 additional damage and lower his stats. The count also has a 6x health regen rate.
- The garlic effect only triggers on punches or auto-casts, and will not trigger if only manual casting in the safespot. It also only deals the 10 damage if the Count is at full health.
- A consistent way to work with this is to turn off auto-retaliate before the fight, use the staff to autocast and start attacking only after the safespot is set up completely.
- Otherwise, punch draynor once immediately and make sure not to drop any ticks manual casting while setting up the safespot, only healing if absolutely necessary.
- Pick up a spade and a bronze med helm by the manor back door.
- Exit the mansion and head around the north side.
- Get the key from the compost pile to the west of the manor.
- Use the poisoned fish food on the fountain and get the pressure gauge from it.
- Re-enter the mansion through the front door.
- Pick up the tube from the locked skeleton room behind the stairs.
- Talk to Professor Oddenstein on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US]
- Talk to him again to finish Ernest the Chicken.
- Go back downstairs and die to the skeleton in the locked room.
Al Kharid[edit | edit source]
- Reclaim your items from Death. His office is located in the south-west of the graveyard.
- Equip your ghostspeak amulet.
- Talk to the ghost in the Lumbridge crypt.
- Run back to the respawn point in Lumbridge castle
- Drop all of your items except for the items shown.
- Enter the Al Kharid gate
- Go to Hassan and start Prince Ali Rescue.
- Talk to Osman to learn what he needs.
- Talk to Osman again to give him the bronze bar and key imprint.
- Take a cabbage from the west palace room table.
- Die to the Palace Guards.
Falador[edit | edit source]
- Pick up all the items you dropped.
- Spin your wool upstairs in Lumbridge castle.
- Go to the cook and complete Cook's Assistant. .
- Run to Draynor bank
- Dig in the centre of the park to spawn the gardener for Pirate's Treasure.
- Talk to Wyson to buy 2 woad leaves
- Dig in the centre of the park again to complete Pirate's Treasure.
- Go to Falador castle.
- Talk to Sir Amik Varze on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the eastern staircase in the castle.
- Die to the two knights on the top floor of the castle.
Draynor Village[edit | edit source]
- Open the casket and drop the emerald and the ring.
- Run to Draynor bank
- [Bank] Bucket of water, 3 Beers, 4 Onions, Pot of flour, 4 Redberries, 3 Balls of wool, Pink skirt, Ashes.
- Talk to Ned to make a wig.
- Buy: Rope from Ned.
- Use your onions, redberries, and woad leaves on Aggie to make 4 dyes.
- Use your yellow and red dyes on each other to make orange dye.
- Talk to Aggie to make skin paste.
- Dye the wig yellow.
- Talk to Leela.
- Talk to Joe in Draynor Jail.
- Use the rope on Lady Keli.
- Talk to Prince Ali.
- Use Draynor bank.
- Go to the Wizards' Tower's 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US].
- Talk to Traiborn about the DS key.
- Talk to Traiborn again to give him the bones and get the key.
- Pick up the skull from the altar in the basement.
- Deathwarp using a Wizard.
Black Knights' Fortress[edit | edit source]
- Return the skull to the coffin in the Lumbridge graveyard
- Run to Hassan to finish Prince Ali Rescue
- Clan wars teleport
- Run south-west through the wilderness to the wilderness ditch west of the Black knights' fortress.
- Go to the Black Knights' Fortress.
- Drink the wine as needed in the black knights' fortress.
- Enter castle and follow hidden route through the north wall to spy at grate.
- Go back to the main entrance and follow east path to drop cabbage in hole.
- Run directly west from the fortress through the wilderness and down the west side of the Goblin Village to get to the Goblin Village.
- Pick up 3 goblin mail, locations: Up ladder, in mid-left hut, behind generals' (right side).
- Dye 1 mail blue and 1 mail orange.
- Start Goblin Diplomacy by talking to generals.
- Use the armour on the generals and watch the cutscenes - orange, then blue, then brown.
- Go to Falador castle.
- Speak to Sir Amik Varze to complete Black Knights' Fortress].
- Deathwarp using the knights on the top floor.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Chronicle teleport.
- Talk to the apothecary.
- Talk to Juliet and watch the cutscene.
- Bank at Varrock West bank.
- Talk to Romeo to watch the cutscene and complete Romeo & Juliet.
- Talk to Sir Prysin to get the silverlight.
- Go into the Wizards' circle and beat Delrith.
- Enter from the south and stay behind the middle southern pillar.
- Manually cast Water Strike on Delrith with Silverlight equipped.
- Always step back behind the pillar after casting so the Dark wizards do not attack you.
- If a Dark wizard is attacking you, get behind the pillar and wait for its health bar to disappear before casting again.
- Enter the incantation.
- Chronicle teleport.
- Enter the Champions' Guild to complete the run!