The Old School RuneScape Wiki defaults to the British convention for floor numbering: Ground floor, first floor, etc. This may be changed by clicking the moon icon at the top right of the site.
The Spinning wheel interface.
A spinning wheel is a device used with the Crafting skill to spin fibers into strings. Spinning wheels are marked on the map by this symbol: .
The following table shows what fibers can be spun into what strings using a spinning wheel:
The most commonly used spinning wheel is located in Lumbridge Castle on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] because of its proximity to the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] bank, and sheep to the north. However, Lumbridge is not close to any flax fields. Some players teleport to the Lletya flax field which is the closest to a bank. After banking a large amount of flax, use the Lumbridge Home Teleport spell to access the spinning wheels.
Second choice is Seers' Village and the Tree Gnome Stronghold, due to the close distance between the spinning wheels and banks. Also, both spinning wheels are located near flax. The Seers' Village spinning wheel is objectively the best for those who have completed the medium Kandarin Diary, since it spins 33% faster than normal.
Other locations of spinning wheels include:
- Barbarian Village, south of the longhall
- Crafting Guild, on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]
- Falador, in the house directly east of Wayne's Chains and south of the castle
- Lletya, in the same building as the Lletya Seamstress.
- Neitiznot, south-east corner, located within sight of a bank chest (requires completion of The Fremennik Trials as well as having started The Fremennik Isles)
- Rellekka, south-west building, also located by an anvil, furnace, and pottery oven
- Sophanem, south of the altar
- Witchaven, south of the fishing shop
- Seers' Village, upstairs in a house south of the bank
- Hosidius, in Watson's house.
- Fossil Island Museum Camp (requires 28 Construction, 4 oak planks, and 5 nails to build)
- Prifddinas, in the south western part.