|A young sentient tree.|
Spirit trees are a gnomish method of transportation. Limited access to the network is granted upon completion of the Tree Gnome Village quest. Previously, the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Village served as a hub, but now you may travel from any spirit tree directly to another.
The spirit tree in the centre of Tree Gnome Stronghold is added to the network on completion of The Grand Tree. After that quest, this tree can be used without completion of Tree Gnome Village, however it will only be one way and the other trees will 'not be interested in talking'.
Spirit tree locations[edit | edit source]
- Khazard Battlefield - just south of West Ardougne
- The Tree Gnome Village - hub
- The Tree Gnome Stronghold - hub (after completion of The Grand Tree, you may travel from it - before completion, travel to is still possible)
- Varrock tree - Located in the north-east corner of the Grand Exchange.
- Next to the Myths' Guild in the south-west corner of Feldip Hills.
Self-grown spirit tree locations (Farming only):
- In southeastern Etceteria.
- Easternmost part of Port Sarim.
- Northeastern part of Brimhaven, near the Agility Arena.
- Hosidius, south-east of the main bank building. Requires 35% Hosidius favour to plant.
- Player-owned house Superior Garden (Does not count towards limit on spirit trees planted)
- Inside the advanced tier of the Farming Guild. (Can be accessed before level 85 with the use of stat boosting items, but requires boosting to 85 everytime you wish to teleport there)
One of the fastest ways to access a spirit tree is to teleport to the Stronghold Slayer Cave with a slayer ring - the player will arrive close to the tree. If one has an Ardougne cloak, they can teleport to the Ardougne Monastery and use the Khazard Battlefield tree just to the west. When the player has completed the medium Varrock Diary or has a charged ring of wealth, they can teleport to the Grand Exchange and use the spirit tree there. The Port Sarim spirit tree patch (83 Farming) is just south of the explorer's ring's (2 or better) cabbage-port.
Farming[edit | edit source]
A player may grow two spirit trees at 91 Farming and an unlimited number of spirit trees at 99. Planting spirit trees can be boosted, also to plant multiple.
The growing time for a spirit tree is about 58 hours and 40 minutes. Growing a spirit tree yields 19,501.3 Farming experience, which is the sum of planting (199.5 experience) and checking health (19,301.8 experience).
Spirit trees cannot be cut down, so one simply uses a spade on the tree to remove it. They do not yield roots when removed.
Payment[edit | edit source]
Spirit trees may be tended by gnome gardeners for 5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar, and 1 ground suqah tooth. Given the rarity of the seed, the experience given, and the length of time it takes to mature, having a gardener tend the growing plant is strongly recommended.
Location analysis[edit | edit source]
|Tree location||Nearby activities||Alternative transportation methods|
|Farming Guild - advanced tier||
Construction[edit | edit source]
Players can plant their own spirit tree from a spirit sapling in their Superior Garden at level 75 Construction. Doing so also requires level 83 in Farming. Boosts can be used. This tree does not count towards the number of spirit trees that may be planted at one time. At level 95 Construction players can build a Spiritual Fairy Tree, which grants access to both teleports.
This spirit tree cannot be used to complete the master clue step 'Teleport to a spirit tree you planted yourself'.