The Spiritual mage is a potent Magic Slayer monster found in the God Wars Dungeon that can easily kill low-level players. Protect from Magic and high prayer bonus is highly recommended for anyone wanting to 'camp' these monsters. Like all monsters in the God Wars Dungeon, they are aggressive to any players that do not wear items showing loyalty to their god. Spiritual mages require 83 Slayer to kill (note Spiritual creatures cannot be given as a Slayer assignment if the player has not completed the Death Plateau quest). Just like Spiritual rangers and Spiritual warriors, which require 63 and 68 respectively, there are spiritual mages for each god.
Spiritual mages are an excellent source for runes and pure essence. They are also the sole dropper of dragon boots.
It is highly recommended to kill Saradominist or Zamorakian spiritual mages, as they have relatively low health and are found in larger numbers than any other god. There are very few Armadylian spiritual mages and Bandosian spiritual mages are rather spread apart and have the most health. For players killing Spiritual mages as part of a Slayer assignment wanting to avoid being attacked by them, the main area contains Saradominist mages who are often engaged in combat with other monsters.
As with all other Armadylian monsters, the Armadyl variant can only be attacked with Ranged or Magic.
The Armadylian variant is not considered an Aviansie for the purposes of a Slayer assignment, despite being a former Aviansie as with their warrior and ranger counterparts.
Drop rates estimated based on 100,068 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
There is a 2/128 chance of rolling the gem drop table.
|Uncut sapphire||1||1/256; 1/130[d 1]||676||15|
|Uncut emerald||1||1/512; 1/260[d 1]||855||30|
|Uncut ruby||1||1/1,024; 1/520[d 1]||1,442||60|
|Chaos talisman||1||1/2,730.67; 1/1,386.67[d 1][d 2]||439||2|
|Nature talisman||1||1/2,730.67; 1/1,386.67[d 1][d 2]||664||2|
|Uncut diamond||1||1/4,096; 1/2,080[d 1]||3,055||120|
|Loop half of key||1||1/8,192; 1/4,160[d 1]||13,749||60|
|Tooth half of key||1||1/8,192; 1/4,160[d 1]||11,798||60|
|Rune javelin||1||1/8,192; 1/4,160[d 1]||165||240|
|Rune spear||1||1/131,072; 1/7,800[d 1][d 3]||11,948||12,480|
|Shield left half||1||1/262,144; 1/15,600[d 1][d 3]||65,468||66,000|
|Dragon spear||1||1/349,525.33; 1/20,800[d 1][d 3]||37,843||37,440|
- ↑ Only dropped by those found in the Wilderness.
- ↑ Only dropped by spiritual mages in the Wilderness God Wars Dungeon. The drop rate decreases based on keys owned and Wilderness diaries completed, see ecumenical key for more details.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ Emblem drop rates for Bandos, Saradomin, Zamorak, and Armadyl are 1/102, 1/112.5, 1/117.5, and 1/117.5 respectively.
- ↑ 1/64 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn and fought in the Wilderness.
- ↑ Enchantment drop rates for Bandos, Saradomin, Zamorak, and Armadyl are 1/235.2, 1/252, 1/260, and 1/260 respectively.
- Spiritual mages will use Magic against players, but will use a weak Ranged attack with a max hit of 1 when fighting other monsters. As a result, they often remain in combat until killed.
- Spiritual creatures are blocked by 113,241 players and was the most blocked slayer monster in 2017.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 18 October 2017. Mod Ash: "[can Spiritual Creatures be assigned as a task if Death Plateau hasn't been done?] No, they can't."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."