|Released||17 October 2013 (Update)|
|Examine||Defender of Zamorak.|
|Aggressive||Yes, unless wearing a Zamorak-affiliated item|
|+0||+0||+0||+0%||Not immune||Not immune|
The Spiritual ranger is a powerful Ranged Slayer monster found in the God Wars Dungeon. There are four types of Spiritual rangers: Saradominist, Zamorakian, Bandosian, and Armadylian. Spiritual rangers require 63 Slayer to kill and start the Troll stronghold quest to get over the rocks on the way to get there (note Spiritual creatures cannot be given as a Slayer assignment if the player has not completed the Death Plateau quest). Just like Spiritual warriors and Spiritual mages, which require 68 and 83 respectively, there are Spiritual rangers from each god.
They are usually not killed due to their lacklustre drops, but as a Slayer assignment.
Locations[edit | edit source]
- God Wars Dungeon:
- Saradomin, Armadyl, Zamorak and Bandos "outposts" of the Wilderness God Wars Dungeon
Strategy[edit | edit source]
For players killing Spiritual rangers as part of a Slayer assignment wanting to avoid being attacked by them, the main area contains Saradominist rangers who are often engaged in combat with other monsters.
As with all other Armadylian monsters, the Armadyl variant can only be attacked with Ranged or Magic.
The Armadylian variant is not considered an Aviansie for the purposes of a Slayer assignment, even though when the player attempts to attack one with melee a message in the player's chatbox appears saying "The Aviansie is flying too high for you to attack using melee."
Note: Spiritual rangers will not attack you if there are objects such as rocks between you and them, despite them using a ranged attack style.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Runes/Ammunition[edit | edit source]
|Adamant fire arrow||3–4||Rare||Not sold||N/A|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Broken arrow||1||Common||Not sold||0|
|Oak longbow (u)||1–12||Common||11-132||48-576|
|Looting bag||1||1/30[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Ecumenical key||1||1/60[d 2]||Not sold||61,500|
|Larran's key||1||Rare[d 3]||Not sold||54|
|Mysterious emblem||1||Rare[d 3]|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/128; 1/64[d 4]||Not sold||12|
|Slayer's enchantment||1||Rare[d 3]|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|8 August 2019
|The drop rate for ecumenical keys have been changed to be 1/60 regardless of keys owned.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When Spiritual rangers are fighting other monsters, they seem to punch them rather than draw their bows and shoot arrows. However, despite this lack of animation, the arrows themselves can still be seen.
- The Zamorakian Spiritual rangers seem to be wearing the old Hazeel symbol.
- Saradominist Spiritual rangers appear to be wearing the female version of Rogue trousers.
- Spiritual creatures are blocked by 113,241 players and were the most blocked slayer monster in 2017.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."