|Released||21 January 2016 (Update)|
|Location||Asgarnian Ice Dungeon|
|He doesn't look very dangerous.|
Steve is an NPC located by the steps in the upper level of the Skeletal Wyvern area in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. If players attempt to attack the skeletal wyverns in the upper area, he will stop them from doing so, claiming the upper area is only for those who have skeletal wyverns as a Slayer assignment. He wields a steel mace, an elemental shield, and a set of Bandos armour.
He is the father of Weve and the little cousin of Nieve, who is the Slayer master next to the entrance of the Stronghold Slayer Cave. He believes that Slayer masters, and thus Nieve, have nothing special about them, because all they do is "tell people to kill stuff."
Through speaking to him, it is clear he is envious of his cousin, due to her having a large cavern where she can "boss people around" (referencing to what happens if players attack a monster within the cave that they're not assigned to kill). Because of this, he decided to carve some steps in the skeletal wyvern area in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon and claimed the upper area as his own.
During the events Monkey Madness II, when the player recruits Nieve to defend the Tree Gnome Stronghold from Glough's attack, Steve leaves his post to replace Nieve. After hearing of her death, he remains as a Slayer master in her stead, and is now equipped with a Zamorakian hasta. His little sister, Pieve, watches over the extra skeletal wyverns. Talking to him about Nieve's death will result in somewhat humorous dialogue where he was hoping to have a shield like hers when he took the job.
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
Steve is the solution to the medium anagram clue: VESTE The answer to his challenge question: How many farming patches are there in Gnome stronghold? is 2.
Slayer points[edit | edit source]
Players can receive Slayer reward points for completing Slayer assignments—this is based on how many tasks players have accomplished in a row. Completion of a task assigned by Steve will grant you a varying amount of points, depending if players have completed the Western Provinces Diary, which is increased to match those of Duradel.
|Task interval||Points given||Points given|
Useful fairy ring codes[edit | edit source]
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - ajr
- Slayer Tower - cks
- Brine Rat Cavern - dks
- Kalphite Lair - biq
- Abyssal Area - alr
- Kharidian Desert - dlq
- Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon - ajq
Assignments[edit | edit source]
- Completion of Dragon Slayer II is required to receive these as a task.
- Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Watch the birdy ability via spending 80 Slayer reward points.
- The Dragon Slayer quest must be at least started to receive these as a task.
- Only assigned to players who have unlocked the Like a boss ability via spending 200 Slayer reward points
- The odds of getting a specific task from the boss category is much smaller than getting a normal task, since there are two rolls for that task: one roll for the boss task, and one roll for the specific task within the boss category.
- Olaf's Quest quest must be partially completed to receive these as a task.
- Completion of Cabin Fever is required to receive these as a task.
- Completion of Horror from the Deep is required to receive these as a task.
- Starting Mourning's Ends Part II is required to receive these as a task.
- Starting the Desert Treasure quest is required to receive these as a task in order to access Smokey Well.
- Starting Regicide is required to receive these as a task.
- Completion of Bone Voyage is required to receive these as a task.
- Only after paying 75 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them, in addition to gaining at least 5% Shayzien favour. No favour is required for killing them in the Lizardman Settlement.
- 100% Shayzien favour is required to kill lizardman shamans.
- Completion of Contact! is required to receive these as a task.
- Only after paying 80 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them. Also requires partial completion of Barbarian Training.
- Completion of Lost City is required to receive these as a task.
- Only after paying 50 Slayer points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- Completion of Death Plateau, in addition to level 60 in Strength or Agility, is required to receive these as a task.
- Partial completion of Lunar Diplomacy is required to receive these as a task.
- Only after paying 100 Slayer reward points to toggle on the ability to be assigned them.
- Players may be given a chance to slay TzTok-Jad, giving 25,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the cave.
- Players may be given a chance to slay TzKal-Zuk, provided they have already killed it once before, giving 100,000 bonus Slayer experience as well as any experience gained throughout the Inferno.
Increased task numbers[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Steve's cousin, Nieve, died during the final chapter of Monkey Madness II, and he succeeds her as a Slayer master.
- After completing all of the elite tasks in the Western Provinces Diary, the difference between Steve and Duradel is that Steve assigns brine rats, turoths, and Scabarites and doesn't assign waterfiends.
|(XX) Combat level requirement|