|Released||10 January 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||A metal bound stone chest.|
Stone chests are thievable chests in the Lizardman Temple that require level 64 Thieving to steal from. Each stone chest yields 280 experience, and the chest's loot respawns instantly. Because of this, players can expect to gain over 75,000 experience per hour by thieving from stone chests. These chests are the only non-combat method of obtaining a Xeric's talisman.
In order to save inventory space when looting the chest, it is recommended to bring a gem bag, seed box and possibly also a needle and thread to sew the commonly obtained Xerican fabrics on the spot. Alternatively, you may bring a chisel and fletch the sapphires and rubies into bolt tips, which can stack with bolt tips obtained from the chest. Additionally, you may also want to bring a spade and some teleportation methods if you intend to solve any looted clue scrolls as soon as you get them.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Three stone chests can be found by the Shayzien Infiltrator in the Lizardman Temple.
There are multiple ways of accessing Molch, with the village itself being located in the middle of the Kebos Lowlands. Some poison protection is recommended, since lizardmen near the entrance can poison you.
- Players can teleport to the Farming Guild with the use of a skills necklace and walk south-east. If one lacks the 45 farming requirement, this teleport will place the player outside the guild.
- Players with 99 Farming may use the Farming cape teleport and run south-east.
- Players can use the fairy ring cir to teleport to the north of the Kebos Lowlands. This requires partial completion of Fairytale II - Cure a Queen.
- Players on the Arceuus spellbook can cast Battlefront Teleport, which teleports players north-east of Molch. Players who lack the required Magic level may use the magic tablet equivalent.
Thieving info[edit | edit source]
|Thieving XP||280 xp|
Success chance[edit | edit source]
The chance of successfully opening the stone chest is 31.25% at level 64, and 60.55% at level 99, interpolating linearly in between. Carrying a lockpick increases the rate of success.
If players fail to loot the stone chest, there is a 1 in 8 chance to get teleported out of the Lizardman Temple.
Loot[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 1,213,000 samples from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average stone chest opening is worth 571.36.
Bolt tips[edit | edit source]
There is a 10/300 chance of rolling this bolt tips drop table.
|Opal bolt tips||4–12||6/1,110||216–648||16–48|
|Jade bolt tips||4–12||2/1,110||16–48||24–72|
|Pearl bolt tips||4–12||6/1,110||216–648||28–84|
|Topaz bolt tips||4–12||2/1,110||648–1,944||28–84|
|Sapphire bolt tips||4–12||2/1,110||136–408||40–120|
|Emerald bolt tips||4–12||3/1,110||196–588||76–228|
|Ruby bolt tips||4–12||4/1,110||344–1,032||160–480|
|Diamond bolt tips||4–12||6/1,110||648–1,944||316–948|
|Dragonstone bolt tips||4–12||4/1,110||1,488–4,464||1,600–4,800|
|Onyx bolt tips||4–12||2/1,110||33,504–100,512||2,400–7,200|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
There is a 15/300 chance of rolling the uncommon seed drop table.
|Snape grass seed||1||1/524||5,486||56|
|Poison ivy seed||1||1/1,612.3||12||99|
|Potato cactus seed||1||1/2,620||6||84|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||1/10,480||386||3|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (medium)||1||3/300||Not sold||12|
|Xeric's talisman (inert)||1||1/300[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
- ^ The Easy Kourend & Kebos Diary reward will not increase the drop rate of the talisman.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 13 November 2019. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Ash: "At level 99 your success chance is 60.4% without a lockpick, 70.2% with one. At level 50, it'd be about 19.2% and 29.0% respectively (though you'd still need level 64 to be allowed to try). Interpolate linearly between those."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 March 2020. Archived from the original on 30 May 2020. Mod Ash: "[Assuming you fail thieving the stone chests in the Lizardman Temple, what's the probability of getting teleported out?] 1/8"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. Archived from the original on 24 May 2019. Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 20 February 2019. Archived from the original on 9 April 2022. Mod Ash: "1/300 and no."