|Released||10 January 2019 (Update)|
|Examine||A metal bound stone chest.|
Stone chests are thievable chests in the Lizardman Temple that require level 64 Thieving to steal from. Each stone chest yields 280 experience, and the chest's loot respawns instantly. These chests are the only non-combat method of obtaining a Xeric's talisman.
Upon failing to loot a stone chest, there is a 1/8 chance to get teleported out of the Lizardman Temple. Carrying a lockpick in your inventory increases the rate at which you successfully pick the lock of these chests.
In order to save inventory space when looting the chest, it is recommended to bring a Gem bag, Seed box and possibly also a Needle and Thread to sew the commonly obtained Xerican fabrics on the spot. Alternatively, you may bring a chisel and fletch the Sapphires and Rubies into bolt tips, which can stack with bolt tips obtained from the chest. Additionally, you may also want to bring a spade and some teleportation methods if you intend to solve any looted clue scrolls as soon as you get them.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Three stone chests can be found by the Shayzien Infiltrator in the Lizardman Temple.
There are multiple ways of accessing Molch, with the city itself being located in the middle of the Kebos Lowlands. Some poison protection is recommended, since lizardmen near the entrance can poison you.
- Players can teleport to the farming guild with the use of a skills necklace and walk south-east. If one lacks the 45 farming requirement, this teleport will place the player outside the guild.
- Players with 99 Farming may use the Farming cape teleport and run south-east.
- Players can use the fairy ring cir to teleport to the north of the Kebos Lowlands. This requires partial completion of Fairytale II - Cure a Queen.
- The Arceuus spell book features a teleport to the Battlefront, which is located north-east of Molch. Players who lack the required Magic level may use the magic tablet equivalent.
Thieving success chance[edit | edit source]
Possible loot[edit | edit source]
Bolt tips[edit | edit source]
There appears to be a 4% chance to roll the bolt tip table with each type being equally probable, with the exception of onyx bolt tips being extremely rare.
|Opal bolt tips||4–12||Rare||76–228||16–48|
|Jade bolt tips||4–12||Rare||12–36||24–72|
|Pearl bolt tips||4–12||Rare||108–324||28–84|
|Topaz bolt tips||4–12||Rare||1,168–3,504||28–84|
|Sapphire bolt tips||4–12||Rare||76–228||40–120|
|Emerald bolt tips||4–12||Rare||236–708||76–228|
|Ruby bolt tips||4–12||Rare||364–1,092||160–480|
|Diamond bolt tips||4–12||Rare||704–2,112||316–948|
|Dragonstone bolt tips||4–12||Rare||1,648–4,944||1,600–4,800|
|Onyx bolt tips||4–12||Very rare||33,564–100,692||2,400–7,200|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
This chest drops seeds from the allotment seed drop table. There appears to be a 6% chance to roll the Allotment seed table.
|Snape grass seed||1||Rare||1,951||56|
|Potato cactus seed||1||Very rare||22||84|
|Poison ivy seed||1||Very rare||21||99|
|Cactus seed||1||Very rare||68||59|
|Avantoe seed||1||Very rare||280||4|
|Kwuarm seed||1||Very rare||182||6|
|Snapdragon seed||1||Very rare||45,356||36|
|Cadantine seed||1||Very rare||368||4|
|Lantadyme seed||1||Very rare||648||5|
|Dwarf weed seed||1||Very rare||225||3|
|Torstol seed||1||Very rare||54,126||42|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Clue scroll (medium)||1||1/100||Not sold||12|
|Xeric's talisman (inert)||1||1/300||Not sold||N/A|
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 4 March 2020. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "[Assuming you fail thieving the stone chests in the Lizardman Temple, what's the probability of getting teleported out?] 1/8"
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 13 November 2019. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "At level 99 your success chance is 60.4% without a lockpick, 70.2% with one. At level 50, it'd be about 19.2% and 29.0% respectively (though you'd still need level 64 to be allowed to try). Interpolate linearly between those."
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."
- The Easy Kourend & Kebos Diary reward will not increase the drop rate of the talisman.