Stone tablet (Lizardman Temple)
|Released||10 January 2019 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to find another one in the Lizardman Temple.|
|Examine||Record of Construction by Overseer Elac.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
The stone tablet is a tablet found in a stone chest in the south-east corner of the Lizardman Temple. It records the construction of the temple.
When read, the player will read it aloud and make their own commentary.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
- Player: It reads: Record of Construction by Overseer Elacs. I wonder who that is...
- Player: The first entry misses the beginning... ...continues as expected. A single boilder was crushed this week due to a collapsing winch, other than that, not much of note.
- Player: How unfortunate.
- Player: Oh, it seems it's missing far more...
- Player: Entry 8 reads: A strange mist surrounded the mountain this week. Three went to investigate but never returned. Their wages will be held until they return. The days following showed a drastic change in the flora around the mountain, the lush greenery has rotted and the open flatlands have become sodden and impassable. Was this his doing? His work on the mountain must be progressing. Only time will tell.
- Player: I suppose the mountain they mention here is Quidamortem as it lies south of Molch... Interesting.
- Player: Entry 9 reads: Our Master walked among us this week, a true blessing. His latest experiment has borne fruit and he's been passing around and odd green tonic. He claims it'll make the workers stronger and healthier... what with the sudden transformation of our surroundings, we must adapt.
- Player: This'll end well, I'm sure.
- Player: Entry 10 reads: We are no longer in the light of our leader but we are not directionless. On his return to the mountain he has sent down some... well, we're not sure who - or what - they are as they have horribly dry skin and remain robed at all times. A worker got a little too close to one and it seems to have caused a slight disagreement within the camp. My skin has been itching a lot lately - I'm sure it's of no concern.
- Player: That's a bit creepy, I wonder if those new comers were those workers that went missing? The plot thickens.
- Player: Entry 11 reads: Our subservience is being tested. We continue to drink the tonic, but Master, what is it doing to us? Everyone seems to have developed a horrible skin rash, were these side-effects known of? No! I mustn't question him. Our future is bright and glorious.
- Player: Just as I thought - this Master of theirs can't be trusted.
- Player: Entry 12 reads: I hear him now. This is progress. Temple complete. To the mountain? Of course Master. We'll come to you. Scaly and strong.
- Player: Well that certainly turned dark...
- Player: I'd hazard a guess that this mysterious master figure is the infamous Xeric - he seems to have very little care for the lives of others, even those who follow him religiously.