Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Released||29 May 2007 (Update)|
|Examine||A mangy mutt.|
Players can interact with stray dogs in the following ways:
- Shoo - It can be shooed away by the player ("Thbbbbt!"), which will appear in the chat box, causing the dog to whine ("Whine!") and run away. If ignored, it will follow for a certain amount of time, and then it will leave to find a different player to follow. Players can shoo away a dog even if it is following someone else.
- Feed - It can be fed bones, raw meat, or cooked meat. When players feed it, it happily barks, and will follow for a certain amount of time. If fed with more food, it will continue following, but will not enter any buildings. If the offering is inedible, the dog will growl and not eat it.
- Pet - It can be pet by the player, "Who's a good doggie?" will appear in the chatbox. The dog will respond with a "Woof!" and will proceed to follow the player as if the player has fed it. This feature was introduced in the 2019 Christmas event.
- With cats - If a stray dog walks past a cat of any size, then it will bark at the cat. When a stray dog barks at a hellcat however, the hellcat will fight back. Promptly, the stray dog will get scared of the hellcat, and cower away.
In Varrock there are five stray dogs wandering around. Three are grey and two are brown. Giving a dog a bone is one of the easy tasks in the Varrock Achievement Diary.
Location[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon loading into a Clan Hall, a stray dog will occasionally spawn outside the gates, beyond the player's reach.
- When a player interacts with the stray dog while wearing cat ears, they will get the following game message: "He doesn't approve of your ears.", while the dog will bark ("Bark!") and back away from the player. This happens even if the player tries to pet the dog.