|Released||10 January 2005 (Update)|
|Quest||In Search of the Myreque|
|Location||Mort Myre Swamp|
|Examine||A dirty little swamp boat.|
|Object ID||6969, 5051|
The swamp boaty is a seemingly deserted rowboat found in the Mort Myre Swamp, at a point marked on the world map as The Hollows. Upon completion of Nature Spirit, it provides a free ride to the town of Mort'ton to the south. If this quest is not completed however, the player character will refuse to board the swamp boaty, stating "It's probably not a good idea to use this boat without permission."
Along the course of In Search of the Myreque, the swamp boaty is discovered to belong to Cyreg Paddlehorn, who is persuaded to let the adventurer use his boat to reach the Myreque Hideout. Afterwards, he will offer to make let the player make the trip from Mort'ton to The Hollows in exchange for 10 coins.
Boarding the swamp boaty at The Hollows is a task required for the medium Morytania Diary. The quickest way to get to the boat is to travel to the nearby fairy ring using code BKR. Once there, players should head south-east. An alternative but slower method is to go though the Canifis cellar, exit the large doors at the end, and head south across the bridge.
|Travelling by Swamp Boaty|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|12 June 2020
|5 June 2020
Some objects that were accidentally added to the swamps near Darkmeyer have been replaced with traversable scenery, rendering the swamp boaty accessible again.
|4 June 2020
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the Boaty, its name is neither a reference to Boaty McBoatface nor the streamer B0aty. Most likely, the name was a typo, since Boaty is an adjective rather than a noun, and its name was corrected to "Swamp Boat" in RuneScape.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ed's Twitter account. 8 June 2020. Archived from the original on 12 March 2023. Mod Ed: "[Jagex actually made it a requirement to have finished nature spirit (13def) and start in search of myreque quest to use the barrows boat why do you guys hate pures wtf (...)] Will be fixed with the next update."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 5 June 2020. Archived from the original on 12 March 2023. Mod Ash: "It was not intentional, and that short-cut is there as a hacky work-around until a proper mapping fix can be released with a reboot."
- ^ Jagex. Skill Specs's Twitter account. 4 June 2020. Archived from the original on 12 March 2023. Skill Specs: "Yo am I stupid or have they added some tentacles to stop people from boarding the old swamp boat spent 15 minutes walking around and I cant get past, I think im going insane."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 8 June 2020. Archived from the original on 9 March 2023. Mod Ash: "(...) The north end of the boat's area was only meant to be unlocked by riding the boat from Mort'ton, then unlocking the trapdoor at Canifis. But a map bug meant people could get in the area without doing that, and the original dev hadn't put a sanity check on the boat."