Swan Song/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||The Piscatoris Fishing Colony. It can be reached via a boat trip from the river to the west of the Tree Gnome Stronghold.|
|Description||Out on the edge of the known world, the Piscatoris Fishing Colony stands on the brink of disaster. Angry sea trolls are emerging from the sea and attacking the colonists, preventing them from harvesting the valuable monkfish that live in those waters. A highly experienced adventurer will be needed to drive back the trolls for good. The Colony's director, Herman Caranos, has a particular adventurer in mind: the notoriously amoral Wise Old Man of Draynor Village (allegations of his involvement in a spectacular bank robbery have never been substantiated). If you're in the mood for a bit of combat, jump on the boat on the west side of the Gnome Stronghold, speak to the Colony's director and prepare to fight alongside the Wise Old Man as he embarks on his final adventure - his swan song.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: With a high enough combat level, it is possible to have all required items worn and in a single inventory. There is also an opportunity to use the Yanille bank during the quest if needed.
Trollish[edit | edit source]
The Wise Old Man[edit | edit source]
Battle at the Colony[edit | edit source]
- Return to the Colony and talk to the Wise Old Man.
- Kill the level 79 Sea Trolls and enter the Colony (collect 7 of their bones if needed).
- Talk to Herman (east building). Note: You will need to click inside of the building as clicking directly on Herman (or the Wise Old Man later) will make your character run outside the building to the north.
Repairing the Colony[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Franklin Caranos near the entrance.
- Use a log on the firebox (not the furnace) and light it in the building with the Furnace symbol. (Franklin will give you a tinderbox if you speak to him again.)
- Use each of the five iron bars on the Metal Press.
- Use Iron sheets to repair the western colony perimeter's broken walls. (Franklin will give you a hammer.)
- Talk to Arnold Lydspor in the bank. (He will give you a Small fishing net if you do not already have one.)
- Fish 5 Fresh monkfish to the west, you may need a few more if you burn some while cooking.
- Kill Sea Trolls when they spawn, as they will increase in difficulty. After 2-3 kills, the sea trolls only drop big bones and cannot be used in the next section of the quest.
- Cook the monkfish in the kitchen, south of the fishing spot. Note: you cannot bank with Arnold to make use of cooking gauntlets.
- Talk to Arnold.
- Talk to Franklin.
- Talk to the Wise Old Man and Herman in the far eastern building.
Raising an Army[edit | edit source]
If not banking afterwards: Food, Armour, Melee or Ranged weapon, Prayer potions.
- Talk to Malignius Mortifer south of Falador. He will give you a brown apron in order to be allowed entry to the Crafting Guild.
- Talk to the Master Crafter with dreadlocks in the Crafting Guild on the east side.
- Use Pot and Pot Lid together to make Airtight Pot.
Note: Malignius Mortifer will refuse to give you bone seeds if you are wearing or holding Saradomin-affiliated gear. It is not suggested to drop any gear as you will be teleported back to the Fishing Colony.
- Talk to Malignius Mortifer to teleport back to the Fishing Colony.
The Final Battle[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Herman to begin the fight.
- Kill the Sea Troll Queen. (Use Protect from Magic in Melee range, and use Ranged or Melee to kill her)
- Talk to Herman.
- (Optional) Catch and cook a monkfish to complete a hard Western Provinces Achievement Diary task.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 15,000 Magic experience
- 10,000 Prayer experience
- 50,000 Fishing experience
- 25,000 coins
- Access to the Piscatoris Fishing Colony
- Access to the following items from Malignius Mortifer upon request:
Required for completing[edit | edit source]