Release date[edit source]
Al-Kharid was announced with the 2001-01-21 news post along with Draynor Manor. However, it didn't actually come out on 2001-01-21. This is the timeline of events around that time, as best I can piece it together:
- 2001-01-19: Al-Kharid and the inside of Draynor Manor is added in a silent update. Note that Draynor Manor was there since launch, it was just locked and unfinished. No news post is made about it. Refer to the ancient tip.it article from 2001-01-19.
- 2001-01-21: Another update is then made adding Ernest the Chicken. I think this is a separate update because there was no mention of a new quest in the tip.it article. A news post is now made announcing both Al-Kharid and Ernest the Chicken in the same post, even though Al-Kharid was added two days before. Mentions the bank will be coming "hopefully tomorrow."
- 2001-01-22/23: The game's first bank (Varrock west bank) is added in a silent update. No news post is made. Refer to the 2001-01-23 article in the link above. Could be either the 22nd or 23rd.
- 2001-01-25: Another update fixing a bug. There's a news post this time, but he doesn't bother mentioning the bank.
- 2001-01-27: Another news post. Now he mentions the bank.
I suppose Al-Kharid, Camels, Silk, probably some other stuff could be changed to 2001-01-19 and then just still link to the 2001-01-21 update? I'm not going to bother since that's kind of confusing, but I'm posting the above for future reference. -- Xell Khaar (talk) 09:52, 24 February 2020 (UTC)