Am i the only person who thinks that the symbols on the coins as seen in Grim Tales look like zarosian symbols?
188.8.131.52 16:57, May 11, 2017 (UTC)
- It looks more like a Triqueta to me, or a fleur de lis. I don't think its supposed to mean anything in particular, though. -- 17:00, May 11, 2017 (UTC)
Coins Value[edit source]
Can we look at lowering the value of Coins down to '0' or is there some way to prove that they do have value?
None (ways to prove) come to mind, and the article points out that, you cannot cast high alch on Coins (to convert them). Note that you are able to do so with Gold Bars and other items made out of Gold. This does contradict the value currently shown in the side-bar for Gold Coins, them being Valued at "1".
I have checked in-game and there is nothing (far as I am aware) that proves Gold Coins are worth "1" Gold Coin each. I have checked:
- NPC Stores (which you cannot sell Gold Coins to)
- The Grand Exchange ((which you cannot sell Gold Coins to)
- Players won't buy my Gold Coins for any amount, usually; they will most of the time take them away from me if I try to double my coins, with some remark such as "F*ck*d Y**r* M*m" thrown out into the chat before they log out often-times & every single time. ...
to go on from my previous entry into this talk page, https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Blood_money is also a currency, and lists the item as being worth '1 Coin' - but, the main difference between Coins and Blood Money is that, you can purchase these from an NPC (for 1 Coin each). It is for this reason that Blood Money is so in-fact worth a coin each. To further back up my argument for this change, and to prove that Gold Coins should be listed, valued at '0' coins for value in the sidebar, see any of the other currencies listed at the bottom of either of these (or any of the pages for) currencies.
You cannot divide by 0, but you can, with 1. If Gold Coins had a value of '1' then I would be able to double my coins with the other players promising to do so, getting my 1 GP-per-Gold Coin back out from them! While it is in reality that, they do just simply log out of of the time (in testing)! That is why I included that part in my list of testing, but please let me know if you have other tests done to find the value of Gold Coins.
But I promise you that it is '0'.
- Per Value, gold is defined by Jagex in the cache at 1. If you view the cache files (Abex has a formatted, readable cache on github: https://github.com/Abextm/osrs-cache/releases) in item_defs, item ID 995 (coins) has a defined value of 1. Fjaratalk 02:54, 4 February 2022 (UTC)
- How do I reply to your post? Fjara - the value of a Gold Coin is not 1; without them being used as Coins they would have no value. They would not be worth half of something which is worth 2 GP (at present), and this is because they are worthless.
Re-Revert my edit to this page[edit source]
0Time is something that should be included.