Burn level[edit source]
Can someone add a note that Karambwans only stop burning at 99, if you're using the Cooking Skillcape perk? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 03:32, 22 April 2016 (UTC).
1 tick burn rate[edit source]
It seems like trying to 1-tick cook karambwans drastically increases the burn rate. Can someone else test this? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Baconfry (talk) on 20:00, 16 March 2018 (UTC).
- This question is nearly 3 years old, but I'll reply anyway. This was due to a bug with the Hosidius kitchen range buff stacking with each successive cook attempt when using the make-all feature. After the first 2-3 cooks, the success rate was typically 100% for the rest of the inventory.
Cooking level karambwan[edit source]
When clicked on the cooking level on OSRS, karambwan is located at level 1 cooking, I'm not sure if it is 30 or 1 now, can somebody confirm? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 19:27, January 9, 2019 (UTC).
- According to Raw karambwan, level 1 is for cooking a poison karambwan and 30 for cooked, which would also make sense with the skill guide showing a poison karambwan. --laagone talk 19:32, 9 January 2019 (UTC)
Cooking chance.[edit source]
Base chance of 0% has a mistake in graph? It shows at level 1, 27.73% this must be 27.5%.
Base chance of 5% has a mistake in graph? It shows at level 1, 32.42% this must be 32.5%.
Base chance of 10% is correct.
Cooking/Burn level says stop burning at level 89 with 10%.
The graph shows stop burning at level 87 with 10%.
And I've calculated it is already at level 86 (Due to Jagex linear interpolation the outcome will be level 87).
Levels = [1:1:99]; Grow = (100-27.5)/(99-1); Percent00 = (27.5 + 00) + (Grow * (Levels - 1)); %99 Percent05 = (27.5 + 05) + (Grow * (Levels - 1)); %93 Percent10 = (27.5 + 10) + (Grow * (Levels - 1)); %86
- The discrepancies are due to the somewhat-cursed way Jagex handles linear interpolation in the skilling success function.
- Try using
(floor(low*(99-lvl)/98) + floor(high*(lvl-1)/98) + 1) / 256to calculate the interpolated chance at each level, where
lvlis the current level, and
highare the level 1/level 99 rates set by Jagex. In the case of Karambwan, these should be:
- Normal: low=70, high=255
- Hosidius +5%: low=82, high=267
- Hosidius +10%: low=95, high=280
- The +1 is sort of an off-by-1 mistake/quirk because the function uses
random(256) <= rateinstead of
random(256) < rate. As an example, a success rate of 10 would have 11 successful rolls (0–10) out of the 256 total rolls (0–255).
- -Towelcat (talk) 11:53, 1 January 2021 (UTC)