|This talk page is for discussing the Farming page.|
Fruit picking[edit source]
This page should include the amount of experience received from picking fruits, harvesting and checking health. If I had more time (because I'm shit at it) I'd expand the tables and do it myself. 220.127.116.11 17:13, January 21, 2017 (UTC)Frosty
Growth windows and farming ticks[edit source]
- On my regular character, farming ticks are at minutes ending in 1 and 6. On my Twisted League character (same account), farming ticks are at minutes ending in 3 and 8. This has persisted across many days and might be permanent.
- Within that minute, the farming ticks seem to occur at the same time as altered stats returning to normal, i.e. whole minutes after login.
- Growth windows for 10 and 20 minute cycles seem to be behaving as described. However, for 40 minute cycles and above, there's a problem. On my Twisted League character, they are consistently 25 minutes earlier than listed. On my regular character, I think they are 5 minutes earlier than listed (which is close enough that it could have been like that for a long time without me noticing). I suspect that different people might have different growth windows even in the regular game.
Looking at the page history, there have been no major edits to the "Growth cycles" section of the article since the Farming Timer Rework (15 February 2018). The update post states "we've deleted the entire timer system and written a new one", making everything in that section obsolete. On 12 January 2019, someone noticed a discrepancy and changed a few numbers in the table without looking into it deeply  . Anyway, it appears that "growth stage windows" and "farming ticks" as described for the old system don't exist any more. I'll have a go at rewriting it now, but more info is needed in some areas. Blade Sabre (talk) 11:53, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
The Twitter reference that was in the article is actually from this year, so indeed the random offset persists through logins, and does not re-randomise  Blade Sabre (talk) 13:03, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
Yield rates of various crops[edit source]
These are the level 1 and level 99 numbers used to calculate the Chance-To-Save (a life) rates, or CTS. Use linear interpolation to find the rate at any given level inbetween (and floor the result), multiply by any relevant bonuses (magic secateurs, diaries, attas, etc.) and remember to floor after each multiplication. After the final floor, add 1 and divide by 256 to get the % chance.
For an average yield, take the number of lives the patch has (most are 3 by default, with each tier of compost adding an additional life), and divide that by
1 - CTS.
Example of a guam harvest at level 99 with no compost/boosts would be
3 / (1 - ((80+1) / 256)) = 4.38857
Guam: 25, 80 Marrentill: 28, 80 Tarromin: 31, 80 Harralander: 36, 80 Goutweed: 39, 80 Ranarr: 39, 80 Toadflax: 43, 80 Irit: 46, 80 Avantoe: 50, 80 Kwuarm: 54, 80 Snapdragon: 57, 80 Cadantine: 60, 80 Lantadyme: 64, 80 Dwarf weed: 67, 80 Torstol: 71, 80 Potato: 101, 180 Onion: 105, 180 Cabbage: 107, 180 Tomato: 112, 180 Sweetcorn: 88, 180 Strawberry: 103, 180 Watermelon: 126, 180 Snape Grass: 148, 195 Hammerstone: 104, 180 Asgarnian: 108, 180 Yanillian: 116, 180 Krandorian: 121, 180 Wildblood: 128, 180 Barley: 103, 180 Jute: 113, 180 Giant seaweed: 150, 210
40-50 yield from allotment patches[edit source]
This can't be right, without farming cape I get about 30 average, and I've done a ton of allotment patches. Does anyone have the real numbers for this?
- Using the forumula on Farming#Variable crop yield and the CTS listed above under "Yield rates of various crops", along with your personal stats/gear you should be able to calculate. For instance, at 99 using the magic secateurs on snape grass when it had ultracompost used on it, you start by calculating chance to save on with a Chance1 of 148, and Chance99 of 195, an item bonus of
0.050.1 and harvest lives of 6. Your chance to save is 0.8037109375, and your expected yield is 30.57, however with a farming cape (item bonus is .15) the chance to save increases to 0.8798828125 and the yield is then 49.95Choppetalk 17:40, 24 September 2021 (UTC)
- farming cape doesnt affect allotment, and i got the item bonus wrong, seceteurs are .1 so chance to save is 0.841796875 and yield is 37.92. Note that snape grass is actually higher on average due to it being 195 not 180. the other allotments max at 26.9473684 yield.