Talk:Money making guide/Crafting nature runes through the Abyss
|This talk page is for discussing the Money making guide/Crafting nature runes through the Abyss page.|
Runs per hour[edit source]
Pretty sure the average of 50 runs per hour should be more around 40 or 35. 22.214.171.124 19:16, July 20, 2018 (UTC)Peekoh
The Numbers Provided Don't Add Up[edit source]
The numbers provided in the table for the Nature Rune Abyss crafting method are currently incorrect estimates that inflate the projected profit. If a player with level 91 RuneCraft is meant to use 12.5 Glory Amulets and all 4 pouches for their trips, they will make 108 nature runes per trip for 50 trips, or 5400 nature runes in the span of an hour. It is mechanically impossible to make 6000 nature runes in only 50 trips. This is a margin of error of 10%, which is high enough on its own, but because these numbers will never change, the inaccuracy is more pronounced when examined.
Currently, the table lists profit in an hour as 1,278,000 GP. Taking into account the current GE price and the adjusted numbers, the actual profit from 5400 nature runes is actually 1,144,800 GP, a difference of 133,200 GP. Strangely enough, the XP rate for this method takes into account that you will only be crafting with 2700 essence.
- Agreed, the exp gained, pure essence used, and output of Nature Runes is too high.
- 50 trips per hr * 54 ess per trip = 2700 ess used per hour.
- 2700 ess used per hr * 9 exp per ess = 24,300 exp per hr
- 2700 ess * 2 natures = 5,400 Natures per hr.
- I made the change earlier, but someone reverted it, so we both must be missing something. Hybrid 2 (talk) 21:16, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
- The root of the issue with those rates was that 50 trips per hour is quite a generous estimate and that number has been there for a bit longer, meanwhile people have edited the output/input numbers and XP rates. I edited it to a more simple 3,000 essence per hour and 50–60 trips per hour (3,000 essence would be an average of ~55 trips), because there are some factors that can affect it—namely Mining/Agility levels, RNG, and 99 Runecraft for not having to repair—and I feel like it's a good middle ground and being rounded implies it's not a clear-cut rate. --laagone talk 21:27, 7 June 2020 (UTC)