Talk:Money making guide/Killing General Graardor
"The profit rate assumes 18 kills per hour."
"it takes around four minutes per kill including respawn time." (this would equal 15 kill per hour)
The article's kills/hour required to achieve the stated profit seems quite inconsistent with the stated 4 minutes/kill, regardless of the disclaimer stating individual profit will vary. Surely the calculated profit of 18 kills/hour ought to be reduced to match the article's 15 kills/hour (4 minute per)? Maxizen (talk) 16:10, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- The stated profit is mathamatically calculated based on the chance of getting each loot drop per hour. Over a theoretically infinite amount of time the profit on average would be correct assuming you got exactly 18 kills per hour. However the kills per hour should be reduced to 15, assuming that that was your issue with the article, as 4 minute kills doesn't lead to 18 kills an hour 15:54, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- "A solo trip can last multiple kills per trip, and it takes around four minutes per kill including respawn time." so the kph being higher than that is reasonable, as most people will be killing Bandos in a group 15:57, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- There ought to be consistency between the calculated maths and the written statements. If there is an unwritten assumption that "most people will be killing Bandos in a group" then including a sentence about group kill times is far more relevant than solo trip 4 minute kill times. The article lacks consistency between calculated kills (15/hr) and written (18/hr) and that makes it lack credibility. Maxizen (talk) 16:10, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- The calculated kills are also 18, the only instance of 15 kills per hour is the solo times, and that's just being calculated from 4min kills 16:26, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- "That's just being calculated from 4min kills"
- That's my entire point, that's what a "calculated kill" is. If a wiki article specifically mentions 4 minute solo kill times, then what I mean by "calculated kills" is exactly that, kills manually calculated based on the information given by the article. The first sentence of that article, prominently in bold no less, states 18k/hour. 18k/hour equals a 3min 20second kill time. Saying in the discussion section "most people will be killing Bandos in a group" is of no use if it's not in the article itself, whereas solo kill times are specifically mentioned. It doesn't read like a high quality article, it looks like there's been an oversight. Maxizen (talk) 11:29, 13 October 2020 (UTC)