Talk:Money making guide/Opening eclectic impling jars

From Old School RuneScape Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
This talk page is for discussing the Money making guide/Opening eclectic impling jars page.

Unrealistic amount of clues per hour[edit source]

I think 20 clues per hour is very unrealistic. I Just did this method for 8 hours and I only managed to get 13 clues an hour on average. I did this with a fairy ring in my POH. I also have all relevant teleports and jewelry in my home and used staminas whenever needed. All STASH units were pre-built as well.

I dont see how you could improve my results by 50% unless I am missing something critical. But in that case that should definitely be documented in the guide!

Oko2708 (talk) 22:11, 8 March 2020 (UTC)

Hi, according to the Treasure Trails community players, rates of 20 to even 26 medium clues per hour are possible. So, I believe, the 20/h is a reasonable number for players that have optimized their strategies.
This video is a guide that also mentions the 20-26 rate in the description. Perhaps watch it to see where you could improve. From my quick glance, I think one of the 'problems' is that you access your teleport options via your PoH, while the optimal guides recommend you to bring most important teleports in your inventory, as the PoH loading times really add up.
Hope this comment was helpful to you. Regarding your comment that the guide should be corrected to better reflect the 20/h strategy, feel free to improve things you think can be done better. This wiki is community based, so try make the differences you'd like to see. Demilancer (talk) 09:36, 9 March 2020 (UTC)


I am a little busy right now, but I might try and edit the page so the default amount that it uses for its calculations is 15. I think this will better reflect what the "average" player can expect. I've also seen guides where you can specify the amount of actions per hour in order to update the hourly profits accordingly. I think this guide will be perfect for such a feature. That is if I manage to get it working, I am quite new to wiki editing. Oko2708 (talk) 10:08, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
That feature could be a bit difficult to understand, since it isn't explained in the documentation page yet (iirc), so I added it in. I decided to keep it at 20/h, since that rate is actualy possible for players who are trained in the method. But since the clues/h can be changed with that feature now, the guide now also caters more correctly to less experienced players. Demilancer (talk) 10:51, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
You got that done quick! Looks good. I also noticed that amount of output empty jars is lower than the amount of input jars. I don't think this is intended or is it? Oko2708 (talk) 10:55, 9 March 2020 (UTC)
Upon opening an impling jar, there is a 10% chance that it breaks. Therefore the number of empty jars is 90% of the input jars :) Demilancer (talk) 11:07, 9 March 2020 (UTC)