Talk:Old School RuneScape Wiki
|1 • 2 • 3 |
Spelling mistake on intro text[edit source]
"go to" as an adjective should be spelled as "go-to" (https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/go-to)
We are the official Old School RuneScape encyclopaedia, written and maintained by the players. Since our start on 14 February 2013, we've been the go-to destination for all things Old School. - —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Statscape (talk) on 16:42, 13 March 2019.
- Fixed, thank you. -- 16:48, 13 March 2019 (UTC)
These are all my opinions. As a reader of this, as well as many other wikis, I think the best layout would be something like:
- Shrink all news-related posts down and place them in their own frame. Probably lose the images as well, as text is more important and the images aren't really much use.
- Place the Equipment/Bestiary/... bar at the top, right below the intro text.
- Make the intro text take up as little horizontal space as possible. Ideally, just the title and one sentence.
- Move (but not delete) the wiki stats. Maybe put them at the bottom, as the info is still interesting, but not relevant to a reader. Readers just want information.
- Give "Popular Pages" their own image and place them below the first bar (Equip/Best/...). The brown color is very offputting, and the buttons are very small and low on the page for how important they are.
- Hi, thanks for the feedback. The news related posts are required to be there in case Jagex wants us to promote something. As for the overall design, we want to remain relatively similar to the other RuneScape Wiki, although I will explore some options. -- 17:37, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
"This article has a xxx here"[edit source]
These are great to have, but when there's multiple, they stack and visually hurt the article. Is there a way they can be made smaller horizontally and all sit on the same line? Not only would this make them visible in one clean stripe, but we'd be able to add future "also" articles in there as well.
Poll results suggestion[edit source]
When we vote on polls, the results of the poll is available to us; however, it is not seen until we refresh the page. This seems like a quirky little bug, but the text "refresh page to see results once you have voted" would be a quick workaround. Otherwise, voters should see the results as soon as they vote. I am using Chrome browser. --Mustangguy (talk) 16:12, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
Interesting. I'm using Chrome too and just tested it with a vote. I clicked "Yes" and it said my vote was recorded. I then clicked "yes" again and it said "your vote has been updated" but it also then showed the results of the poll without needing to refresh the page. Strange. NightFC (talk) 16:29, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
I just unregistered my vote and voted again, and this is what I see when I voted no - desktop only :
The circled item below links to: Portal Nexus
It should link to: Update: The Portal Nexus
Just like the other tiles link to their respective updates themselves.
Can a mod please fix?
- When an update has a relevant page to link to, it will be linked to said relevant page, thus meaning the current layout is correct. We only link to the actual update if it was a general fixes update, such as this weeks. Furthermore, please do not upload images used soley for discussion. -- 01:07, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
Spelling mistake on intro text[edit source]
- Encyclopaedia is an accepted form of spelling, and to my knowledge, preferred in British English (which the wiki uses). --laagone talk 21:07, 19 November 2018 (UTC)
april fools edit[edit source]
the point of april fools day is to try to fool people with some ruse, not just be a fool. 18.104.22.168 02:25, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- -- 02:29, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
item spawns[edit source]
is there any where to make a full list of all the item spawns in game to help the uim in the game out
Snake Charm Page[edit source]
I don't know anything about linking pages or advanced editing, but there's missing information on how to actually use the charm both on the main Snake Charm page and in the quest guide for Ratcatchers and I have a way to explain it, but I don't know how to really put it there so if someone could grab it from here, maybe reword it to sound better and do that, that'd be awesome, thank you
In The Feud, 'use' the charm on a snake until you catch one, no manual playing needed
In Ratcatchers, stand next to the manhole and pull out your charm. Imaging each 'page' like a book you'r going to read, and put each note in sequence in each page at a time. Pg 1: D Pg 2: G Pg 3: E Pg 4: F# Pg 5: D +raise octave Pg 6: B Pg 7: C# Pg 8: A
(22.214.171.124 20:06, 3 July 2019 (UTC))