Talk:Old School RuneScape Wiki
|1 • 2 • 3 |
These are all my opinions. As a reader of this, as well as many other wikis, I think the best layout would be something like:
- Shrink all news-related posts down and place them in their own frame. Probably lose the images as well, as text is more important and the images aren't really much use.
- Place the Equipment/Bestiary/... bar at the top, right below the intro text.
- Make the intro text take up as little horizontal space as possible. Ideally, just the title and one sentence.
- Move (but not delete) the wiki stats. Maybe put them at the bottom, as the info is still interesting, but not relevant to a reader. Readers just want information.
- Give "Popular Pages" their own image and place them below the first bar (Equip/Best/...). The brown color is very offputting, and the buttons are very small and low on the page for how important they are.
- Hi, thanks for the feedback. The news related posts are required to be there in case Jagex wants us to promote something. As for the overall design, we want to remain relatively similar to the other RuneScape Wiki, although I will explore some options. -- 17:37, 2 October 2018 (UTC)
"This article has a xxx here"[edit source]
These are great to have, but when there's multiple, they stack and visually hurt the article. Is there a way they can be made smaller horizontally and all sit on the same line? Not only would this make them visible in one clean stripe, but we'd be able to add future "also" articles in there as well.
Poll results suggestion[edit source]
When we vote on polls, the results of the poll is available to us; however, it is not seen until we refresh the page. This seems like a quirky little bug, but the text "refresh page to see results once you have voted" would be a quick workaround. Otherwise, voters should see the results as soon as they vote. I am using Chrome browser. --Mustangguy (talk) 16:12, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
Interesting. I'm using Chrome too and just tested it with a vote. I clicked "Yes" and it said my vote was recorded. I then clicked "yes" again and it said "your vote has been updated" but it also then showed the results of the poll without needing to refresh the page. Strange. NightFC (talk) 16:29, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
I just unregistered my vote and voted again, and this is what I see when I voted no - desktop only :
The circled item below links to: Portal Nexus
It should link to: Update: The Portal Nexus
Just like the other tiles link to their respective updates themselves.
Can a mod please fix?
- When an update has a relevant page to link to, it will be linked to said relevant page, thus meaning the current layout is correct. We only link to the actual update if it was a general fixes update, such as this weeks. Furthermore, please do not upload images used soley for discussion. -- 01:07, 19 November 2018 (UTC)