Talk:Optimal quest guide/Archive 1
- 1 Columns
- 2 Another Slice of H.A.M. and The Giant Dwarf
- 3 Funny errors
- 4 General's Shadow
- 5 Throne of Miscellania requires Heroes'
- 6 The Giant Dwarf needs Magic
- 7 Big Chompy requires Fletching
- 8 The bone man needs Skippy's help!
- 9 General's Shadow before 53 theiving
- 10 Legends' Quest
- 11 General's Shadow thieving req
- 12 Fremennik Isles Woodcutting
- 13 The Depths of Despair update
- 14 Queen of Thieves requirements
- 15 Meta discussion of this page
- 16 Fight Arena and Itchlarin's Little Helper
- 17 Missing Quest Point
- 18 Medium Diaries before 47 hunter
- 19 Natural History Quiz to the top
- 20 Not working anymore (unable to highlight)
- 21 Optimise by location and quest requirements.
- 22 X Marks the Spot
- 23 Fletching to 50 from 50
- 24 Counter
- 25 Merlin's Crystal
- 26 re:OQG updates quest order highlighting
- 27 Lunar Diplomacy + Enter the Abyss = lvl 22 Runecrafting
- 28 Medium Achievement Diaries
- 29 Romeo and Juliet
Why am I no longer able to select columns to highlight them and mark them as done? 220.127.116.11 01:00, April 8, 2017 (UTC) FowD8
- That table was moved to Quests/List. However, the table does not function like it did previously, and quests cannot be 'ticked' off like they could before.
JohnSixxScott (talk) 01:55, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
- Quests/List is a separate and different page. The quests on the quest/list page cannot be highlighted. The quests on this optimal quest guide can. 03:06, April 8, 2017 (UTC)
- It started working again yesterday about 12 hours ago. however now when I check it, again it's no longer working 18.104.22.168 15:19, April 8, 2017 (UTC)FowD8
I hate how after a few couple days everything I highlighted resets. Very hard to track progress. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2607:fea8:5ca0:7ce:1d30:1def:adc:605a (talk) on 01:39, 9 February 2018 (UTC).
- Yes make the selection of colums savable so we can see our progress and know which quest we have done. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mcf1907 (talk) on 15:22 19 June 2018 (UTC).
Another Slice of H.A.M. and The Giant Dwarf
Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Right now Another Slice of H.A.M. is listed well before The Giant Dwarf, but The Giant Dwarf is a requirement for Another Slice of H.A.M.
- Doesn't look that bad. Just move The Feud, Troll Stronghold, Troll Romance, Dragon Slayer, and Horror from the Deep to before Another Slice of H.A.M., add the lv16 Firemaking requirement, then The Giant Dwarf and then continue.
- 22.214.171.124 00:03, April 30, 2017 (UTC)
Some funny errors in the list, not sure where to start with describing them, but here's the bit from Tears of Guthix...
<span style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;">Train </span><span class="SkillClickPic" style="font-weight:bold;font-size:14px;text-align:center;">[http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Firemaking ]</span><span style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;"> </span>[http://2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Firemaking Firemaking]<span style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;text-align:center;"> to 49 from 40</span>
-126.96.36.199 12:11, May 20, 2017 (UTC)
188.8.131.52 15:37, May 24, 2017 (UTC) Flander
Throne of Miscellania requires Heroes'
Throne of Miscellania requires Heroes Quest, which is also further in the list.
The Giant Dwarf needs Magic
For the giant dwarf, you need 33 magic to telegrab one of the boots. however, you only get 30 magic from the previous quest, meaning that you should include a train magic to 33 portion prior to the quest the giant dwarf. correct this post if i am wrong, but the player only levels to 33 after completing spirits of the elid according to the guide. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by CardinalCyn (talk) on 00:01, 15 June 2017 (UTC).
Big Chompy requires Fletching
5 fletching is needed for the Big Chompy Hunting quest yet there is not a "Train Fletching to Level 5" portion in the guide.
The bone man needs Skippy's help!
Skippy and the mogres subquest is required to kill mogres in the Rag & Bone man Miniquest to get Mogre bones.
General's Shadow before 53 theiving
Generals Shadow is required before the player acheives the 53 theiving needed to open the Secure Chest (To acquire visibility ring as part of Desert Treasure). I'm not sure how to re arrange this, if there are no other quests available to get theiving xp, training to 53 theiving should be made a requirement before starting it. 184.108.40.206 10:41, July 23, 2017 (UTC)
Why is it that Legends' Queat is listed twice on this list? And why is its reward of 4 quest points seemingly applied twice? 2601:248:4:6AB0:C45E:ABAB:C276:BDBC 04:16, September 28, 2017 (UTC)
General's Shadow thieving req
The General's Shadow requires the Ring of Visibility, which can only be obtained with 53 thieving. This quest needs to be moved up right before/right after Desert Treasure quest. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 02:57, 5 October 2017 (UTC).
Fremennik Isles Woodcutting
The Depths of Despair update
Client of Kourend and Depths of Despair should now be moved into the main quest group, placed before Mountain Daughter, and the agility EXP training requirement should be reduced from 20 to 18. 18 agility is all that is required for the new quest and the reward gained gives enough exp to hit lvl 21- exceeding the listed requirement and reducing overall skill training time. 18.104.22.168 00:44, November 11, 2017 (UTC)
- Agreed, but add that you should pick house Hosidius House so that you can immediately do depths of dispair —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 16:34, 18 November 2017 (UTC).
Queen of Thieves requirements
A requirement for 'The queen of thieves' quest needs added. A quest 'Client of kourend' and 20% favour is required now.
Meta discussion of this page
I think we should rename this page to "Minimal training quest order" or something. The "optimal" part is misleading and a lot of people don't understand what this page actually is.
Also it would be nice if the table was easier to edit and update, I would be willing to provide an accurate optimal quest order including things like stronghold of security and maybe even diaries, but it's such a nightmare editing this page so I really don't want to.
And one more thing, the "new levels after quest" column is completely wrong and makes no sense, all that needs to be shown there is XP gained from the quest, but even that is redundant. We're supposed to be working that out for the end user, they don't need to know that stuff.
- Your comments seem valid, and while I personally don't have anything to add and hope you removing them means you were able resolve something, please don't delete discussions. ~ HeirApparently (talk) 10:11, February 2, 2018 (UTC)
- As far as I can find, there is at least one more credible source for a optimal quest guide and that is Slayermusiq1's video and spreadsheet. I was just wondering why it has so much discrepancy with this one even though they are seemingly trying to accomplish the same goal. After reviewing both it seems his would be a bit more efficient, but if anyone has another perspective please let me know. His video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn0X0PettxU and there and the spreadsheet link is in the description. -heybg 10/11/2018 —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Heybg (talk) on 21:15, October 11, 2018 (UTC).
Fight Arena and Itchlarin's Little Helper
I removed the notes on Fight Arena saying it's impossible to do without protect from melee. I did it and was able to pretty easily safe spot all the bosses. Though, also think Itchlarin's Little Helper is actually pretty hard in and of itself without the protect spells. I couldn't safe spot the first fight because they use mage. So I was gonna add a note for that..
My plan is to skip ahead a little and do Ghost Ahoy (and it's requirements) and Making History to boost my prayer as much as feasibly possible, and then training Prayer to 43. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 13:13, 21 April 2018 (UTC).
Missing Quest Point
According to the Quests page, there should be a total of 264 quest points, but the table is only adding up to 263 right now. I tried to figure out what was missing/incorrect, but could not. 188.8.131.52 00:07, June 11, 2018 (UTC)
- Fixed. Someone didn't add A Taste of Hope to the sum of quest points properly. -JohnSixxScott (talk) 00:46, June 11, 2018 (UTC)
Medium Diaries before 47 hunter
This quest guide has completion of the medium diaries at 29 hunter, which is impossible because the medium desert diary requires 47 hunter to catch an Orange Salamander.
184.108.40.206 21:33, July 4, 2018 (UTC)
- I just fixed this by expanding the one medium diary entry into individual diary entries and removing all diaries which had too high of a skill requisite except for the Wilderness Diary. It only requires two more levels of agility and one more level of magic so I just tweaked the previous "train [skill] to x" values as I think it would be more optimal. They're trained even higher later on anyway.
- As for the removed medium diaries, they'll require a bit more work to add back in so I won't be fixing it right away. Someone else can tackle it if they want.
- Primer81 (talk) 01:54, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Natural History Quiz to the top
After Completing the first portion of quests it says to train hunter from 1 to 15.
In the forth portion of the quests Natural history quiz(miniquest) which requires nothing and also gets you from 1 to 9 in hunter and also slayer. Maybe add this to the first portion of quests before you hit the training part. I am going to follow this guide to a T and post here about anything I find. I have the quest experience rewards up so I am going to check that at every training portion before moving on. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 23:46, 15 July 2018 (UTC).
- This is the result of them not needing to cover the quest sooner and the order ignoring locations for the most part. However to improve efficiency I moved this to after Gertrude's Cat since they are both in Varrock and you need to more or less walk past the museum during the quest. If you notice anything else like this please speak up with some feedback or edit it in yourself.
- Squirrel killer (talk) 16:06, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
Not working anymore (unable to highlight)
I am currently unable to highlight any of the quests in this table as completed, also all of my currently completed quests have had their highlights removed. --18.104.22.168 03:52, 4 January 2019 (UTC)
Optimise by location and quest requirements.
I've been using this guide recently and I understand why most of the quests are in the order that they are in but can we optimize quests by location and quest requirements. Having to run from Seers village to Ardougne just to go back to Camelot is kind of a ball ache and is inefficient.
X Marks the Spot
I put X Marks the Spot near the top to be collected when making the first trip to Draynor for Rune Mysteries after leaving Lumbridge. Put the 300XP in Agility to reduce the amount of training needed later. If anyone has a better place for it, or a better use for the XP please shuffle it as needed. Squirrel killer (talk) 00:15, 8 February 2019 (UTC)
Fletching to 50 from 50
Right before Devious Minds, it states to train Fletching to 50 from 50. Obviously, this doesn't make sense. I'm not sure if this is wrong (i.e. Fletching at that point is not yet at 50) or if it is simply redundant. --Mark Koz (talk) 10:36, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- This actually is a result of another error having you level to 50 when it only required 40, which I have rectified. Squirrel killer (talk) 16:15, 12 March 2019 (UTC)
Suggestion: add a quest counter to show how many quests you've completed as another column on the table. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 23:57, 11 March 2019 (UTC).
Obviously the order of this guide has changed significantly in the past 6 months.
However with the current order, its practically impossible to complete Merlin's Crystal (even with a full inventory of food), fighting a level 40 enemy with 30 attack/strength, 1 defense and 10 hp. I would suggest reverting or rechecking the order and putting less of an emphasis on the location. The locations are irrelevant unless there's frequent banking oppurtunities between the quests, and the hypothethical level 3 member is buying supplies fully in advance rather than a quest-by-quest basis. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 17:43, 12 March 2019 (UTC).
re:OQG updates quest order highlighting
When the Optimal Quest Guide (OQG) updates, there's a chance for quests to be reordered. The highlighting order is maintained but the quests can be re-ordered. This causes people to need to re-highlight the quests they've done. Because the highlighting system is built into the wiki, it would be rough to re-work it.
Suggestion: A button next to the reset (or at the top of the OQG) that highlights all free-to-play quests when clicked.of the guide as well.
Reasoning: The member quests of the OQG are more likely to be done in the order of the OQG rather than randomly so those would be in order and you could easily check those off but the F2P quests are scattered. Since F2P quests in the in-game quest guide are separated, it's easier to say to yourself "I've done them all" and just click the button for quicker use of the OQG. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 14:56, 16 March 2019 (UTC).
Lunar Diplomacy + Enter the Abyss = lvl 22 Runecrafting
I did Lunar Diplomacy before it was recommended in the step-by-step guide. I just finished all the levels and quests in the above section first. I noticed that I got to 22 RC from lvl 1 with just Enter the Abyss and Lunar Diplomacy. Just food for thought. -Saxazax (talk) 20:48, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Medium Achievement Diaries
The Ardougne & Kandarin Medium Achievement Diaries require Farytale II - Cure a Queen to be completed to the point of unlocking the usage of Fairy Rings.
- Fairy rings, DO NOT require the completion of FT2. They can be used after you obtain permission from the Fairy Godfather at the beginning of the quest. Shoyrukon (talk) 03:12, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
- He said completion to the point of being granted access... 184.108.40.206 03:35, 25 April 2019 (UTC)
Romeo and Juliet
This is an easy quest quite late in the guide, although it gives lots of QP. Deffinitely worth doing before Tears of Guthix, can be useful before Dragon Slayer and other guild quests. -Fubarbaz (talk) 11:36, 20 August 2019 (UTC)