Level 74 xp rate[edit source]
I got 57 kc now, and with not cooking, I did get 65k/h with dragon harpoon. This was steady for over 2 hours of playing.
Level 84 xp rate[edit source]
With almost 2 hours of playing, I was getting 65k-68k/h without dragon harpoon at fishing level 84.
Why explorers ring?[edit source]
Only thing I can think of is pray bonus for preserve. But then RoTG etc. should be listed. I'd venture that it can be removed. Endurance is also nearly completely useless here since you never come close to losing run. 11numbers (talk) 10:51, 28 March 2021 (UTC)
^ the 3 free 100% run restores I think 01:33, 29 March 2021 (UTC)Umopepisdn
- Sorry, I didn't realize there was already conversation on this page about the rings before I added them back. I regularly run out of energy on my lower level accounts and I think it is worth noting that the rings are useful for that. I agree the ring of endurance is a bit silly but I'm not sure if that warrants its removal from the table as it is BIS for low levels without crystal harpoon. I think it's worth noting that we don't generally exclude items from recommended setups just because we don't think a player will be able to afford it, like on Grotesque Guardians/Strategies. I definitely think the explorer's rings should be on there though, as those are definitely obtainable by low level players who are doing this content. Andmcadams (talk) 14:23, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
Rewards per points[edit source]
Experience rates[edit source]
Just a note for all players. The experience rates listed may not be accurate as Tempoross was released just a day ago as of this post. Experience rates may be subject to changes as Jagex continues to monitor the minigame. If you disagree with the rates posted please feel free to correct them or join us on discord. Shoyrukon (talk) 22:30, 25 March 2021 (UTC)
Safe death for Hardcore Ironmen[edit source]
Points per action[edit source]
|Catch double fish||10|
|Catch crystalised fish||?|
|Catch double crystalised fish||?|
|Infernalise fish||0 (no additional points given)|
|Infernalise double fish||0|
|Put raw fish in empty crate||20|
|Put raw fish in full crate||20|
|Put cooked fish in empty crate||65|
|Put cooked fish in full crate||65|
|Put crystalised fish in empty crate||20|
|Put crystalised fish in full crate||20|
|Attack spirit pool||55|
huge xp table just to have it somewhere[edit source]
Until there's a good chartsy way to display these, I figure it'll be good enough to have them on the talk page. Currently only the cannon number is boosted by the angler outfit, but that may be fixed at some point.
Formula for cannon is just a linear interp 45-100 from levels 35 to 99, and then it switches to another interp at level 70 of 89-100 from levels 70 to 99. Fish xp is just cannon/10, and pool is cannon*11/10.
87 Fishing - Infernal Harpoon exp[edit source]
Best 1hr segment I have done got me 77k xp/hr. This is no cooking, not caring about points, no mess ups, full angler set 188.8.131.52 03:14, 29 March 2021 (UTC) Rhit
Inventory and Equipment[edit source]
Reward Credits per Hour[edit source]
I'm trying to determine if solo or groups is faster for maxed players to try for pet. I did 5 hours (4 hours 56 minutes) of solo Tempoross at 99 fishing with infernal harpoon using the solo strategy on the Tempoross/Strategies page, no mistakes, every game was 3 rounds between 7100-7400 points, 8/9 reward credits per game.
Solo @ 99 Fishing w/ Infernal harpoon:
- total of 219 reward credits over 5 hours (~44 credits/hr)
- ~56k fishing xp/hr
Group @ 99 Fishing w/ Infernal harpoon:
- total of <TBD> reward credits over 5 hours (~<TBD> credits/hr)
- ~<TBD>k fishing xp/hr
- In case you're still looking into this. I addapted the solo points strategy to be 8300 points so you get 10 tickets per run. For the few hours I played that strategy (at level 83-84 fishing) it's reliable and getting around 65k xp/hr with the longest run taking 11 minutes starting when getting on the ship and endening when leaving the island. about 1/10 runs will give 11 tickets. So even at only 84 fishing you can go for about 50 tickets an hour easily when doing 5 runs an hour.
- IAmMirko (talk) 23:52, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
Fish loot scaling[edit source]
@ Level 82 fishing lobsters stop being rewarded from the loot pool and manta rays get added.
Heron Recolor?[edit source]
- I added it as additional info on the spirit flakes line. It's not a direct reward per-say for Tempoross, but noteworthy at least. Jakesterwars (talk) 13:47, 9 April 2021 (UTC)
Reward permits aren't solely linear[edit source]
The amount of points you get doesn't seem to be the only factor in reward permits, as I can attest to my previous solo games. I would follow the normal 17/19/19/28 fish guide with a few variations here and there dependent on the fires and waves. Any extra fish I would catch I would drop by the cannons to put in with the rest of the 28. All fish were cooked.
|Time||Points||Reward Permits||Extra Fish||Waves Survived||Fires Extinguished|
Despite having more points in my first game, I got less reward permits. There must be some hidden factor of overall participation that could be adding another point? Perhaps the number of fires extinguished? --184.108.40.206 15:38, 23 May 2021 (UTC)
- It's a linearly scaling chance, similar to Wintertodt. Between 8300 and 9000 points you have a chance of getting 11 permits instead of 10, with the chance increasing the more points you have. --Julia talk 15:49, 23 May 2021 (UTC)
kc for 99?[edit source]
- If you are asking for how many kc does it take to 99 Fishing from 35, then it depends on whether you ever cook the fish or how lucky you get or if you do solo runs. Choppetalk 15:26, 31 May 2021 (UTC)
XP rates with no cooking & boosts[edit source]
I’ve been training fishing here since 63 and I’m currently at 73. At first I tried using Admiral pies to boost while fishing but I didn’t see any difference in catch rates or the XP drops which scale by level.
I noticed a larger increase in XP gained from 69 to 70 but at 71 I started using a crystal harpoon and with a strict no cooking method I was able to achieve 75k fishing xp/hour with minimal mistakes. This is with depositing roughly 2.5-2.75 inventories of 27 harpoonfish/crystallized harpoonfish.
The crystal harpoon gives roughly a 30% chance of crystalizing the harpoonfish which gives about 18 more xp than regular harpoonfish at 72.
With this method I earn roughly 2600-2800 points per game which typically results in 2 fishing permits per game.