|Released||7 September 2017 (Update)|
|Examine||Spikey death with bad breath.|
|Max hit||12 (Melee)|
10 (Typeless Ranged)
10 (Icy breath)
|Attack style||Slash, Typeless Ranged, Icy breath|
|Respawn time||15 ticks (9 seconds)|
|Slayer XP||205 xp|
|Category||Fossil Island Wyverns|
Taloned Wyverns are Slayer monsters that require a Slayer level of 66 in order to be harmed. They reside in the Wyvern Cave on Fossil Island. Like with other Wyverns, an elemental, mind, dragonfire or ancient wyvern shield provides significant protection against their icy breath, and they are vulnerable to the effects of dragonbane weapons. These monsters require completion of the Bone Voyage quest to be assigned as a Slayer task.
In addition to Melee and icy breath, Taloned Wyverns also seem to use a Ranged attack that resembles a lighter coloured Water Bolt. This attack ignores Protection prayers and hits around 10. Fighting within Melee range is advised as they will be made less likely to use this.
Locations[edit | edit source]
There are two different wyvern caves - one where players can freely slay them, and one for those that have been assigned a Slayer task of Fossil Island wyverns. The task-only cave is reached via the trapdoor found in the Mushroom Forest, and the regular cave is found south of the Museum Camp. If a player attempts to attack the wyverns in the northern cave without a Fossil Island wyvern Slayer task, Weve (Steve's son) will stop them from doing so.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Drop rates estimated based on 95,043 kills from the Drop Rate Project, unless otherwise cited.
The average Taloned Wyvern kill is worth 9,802.92.
The average Taloned Wyvern kill while on a Konar task is worth 11,131.91.
100%[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Adamant full helm||1||2/123||1,838||2,112|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Herbs[edit | edit source]
|Grimy kwuarm||2 (noted)||1/43.7||2,958||24|
|Grimy cadantine||2 (noted)||1/54.7||3,504||26|
|Grimy dwarf weed||2 (noted)||1/54.7||1,770||28|
|Grimy lantadyme||2 (noted)||1/72.9||3,274||26|
|Grimy ranarr weed||1||2/123||7,467||18|
Seeds[edit | edit source]
There is a 1/123 chance of rolling the tree-herb seed drop table.
|Papaya tree seed||1||1/2,196.4||2,324||69|
|Palm tree seed||1||1/3,075||33,391||152|
|Spirit seed||1||1/3,843.8||Not sold||0|
|Dragonfruit tree seed||1||1/5,125||180,263||258|
|Redwood tree seed||1||1/7,687.5||30,172||390|
Resources[edit | edit source]
|Pure essence||150 (noted)||8/123||150||300|
|Adamantite bar||2–4 (noted)||6/123||3,762–7,524||768–1,536|
|Teak logs||35 (noted)||6/123||6,125||630|
|Snape grass||10–15 (noted)||3/123||3,200–4,800||60–90|
|Runite ore||1–2 (noted)||3/123||11,171–22,342||1,920–3,840|
Other[edit | edit source]
|Adamant crossbow (u)||1||2/123||880||1,039|
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Unidentified small fossil||1||1/35||Not sold||60|
|Unidentified medium fossil||1||1/70||Not sold||120|
|Unidentified large fossil||1||1/87.5||Not sold||180|
|Unidentified rare fossil||1||1/350||Not sold||750|
|Brimstone key||1||1/72[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (hard)||1||1/118[d 2]||Not sold||12|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|26 March 2020
(update | poll)
The Taloned Wyvern's aggression range has been reduced.
|12 July 2018
(update | poll)
Taloned Wyverns now drop a maximum of 12 seaweed spores instead of 6.
|18 January 2018
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They appear to use all attack styles when using melee, depending on the animation they use: slashing when they use their talons, stabbing when they jab with their tail and crushing when they bite the target.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 24 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 March 2019.) Mod Maz: "Fossil Island info! Granite LS/boots drop rates. From ancient: 1/600 each From normal: LS 1/512 Boots 1/2560"
- Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 9 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 9 July 2019.) Mod Maz: "Fossil probabilities!"
- Jagex. Mod Tide's Twitter account. 24 May 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 May 2019.) Mod Tide: "I know its been a while since the clue expansion but here is the information on clue scroll drop rates and loot chances! If anything changes I will keep you posted."
- Jagex. Mod Maz's Twitter account. 9 October 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 March 2019.) Mod Maz: "Wyvern Visage is 1/12k for normals and 1/10k for ancients."