|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Inhabitants||Demons, Dragons, Undead, Spiders, Bats|
|Location on World Map|
The Taverley Dungeon is one of the largest dungeons in Old School RuneScape. There are many monsters, ranging from low to high combat levels, getting stronger as players venture deeper into the dungeon. These include poisonous monsters, so bringing antipoison potions is advised if traveling through the parts of the dungeon that contain them.
Location[edit | edit source]
- Falador Teleport spell or tablet
- Teleport to House if your house is in Taverley, or Taverley teleport tablet
- Burthorpe Games Room minigame teleport or games necklace to Burthorpe, then run south
- Explorer's ring 2 or better teleport to the cabbage patch south of Falador
- Balloon transport system to Taverley
The dusty key[edit | edit source]
The dusty key is required to access the deeper areas of the dungeon. To obtain it, go through the dungeon headed south to the Kinshra's (Black Knight) headquarters. Go into the narrow eastern passageway, kill the Jailer (level 47), get the jail key he drops, use it to open the door of the jail cell, and talk to the prisoner, Velrak the explorer, to get the key. (Players will not get the dusty key if asking for a reward. If this is done, talk to Velrak again and choose the other conversation branch.) Velrak will not leave the cell. If the key is lost, another one can be obtained in the same way.
Note: The drop trick can be used to get more than one key at once.
The dusty key is not tradeable, but it can be purchased in the Legends' Guild shop. A dusty key always spawns deep in the dungeon near the lava eel fishing area. Since this is in the area behind the gate, most players who do not already have a copy of the key cannot reach this area to take this spawn. Players with level 70 Agility can get the key by using the shortcut to the blue dragon area and going south to the lava eel area.
Layout[edit | edit source]
First half[edit | edit source]
Notable features in the first half of the dungeon include:
- The Cauldron of Thunder, which is used in the Druidic Ritual quest.
- Chaos dwarves.
- A black dragon lair containing 12 black dragons and 5 baby black dragons. They are guarded by Slieve, who will only let players kill them if they have a black dragon task.
- A blue dragon lair containing 12 blue dragons. They are guarded by Eve, who will only let players kill them if they have a blue dragon task.
- Chaos druids in the north-eastern area of the dungeon.
- The Kinshra hideout, which houses Lord Daquarius, who is talked to during Wanted!. Velrak the explorer is confined in a cell and gives a dusty key for players to access the remaining half of the dungeon if they do not have the required Agility levels. Players must kill a jailer to obtain a jail key to enter Velrak's cell.
- A metal door which bars access to the remaining half of the dungeon, which can only be opened with the dusty key (see above).
Second half[edit | edit source]
The second half of the dungeon contains much stronger monsters. Access to this area requires a dusty key, or at least 70 Agility to use the obstacle pipe. Notable features include:
- Blue dragon lair, which contains multiple baby blue dragons and adult blue dragons and several blue dragon scale spawns.
- Lava eel fishing spots, which are used during Heroes' Quest if not going to the Lava Maze.
- Black demons.
- Poison spiders.
- Hellhounds, in addition to an extra chamber where Cerberus can be fought.
- Two black dragons.
- The Obelisk of Fire can be found west of the black dragons.
- The Obelisk of Water can be found above the ladder near the black dragons, leading to an island off the coast of Catherby with the obelisk on it.
Upper level[edit | edit source]
- The black dragon lair, containing 12 black dragons and 5 baby black dragons, can be accessed via a staircase west of the Cauldron of Thunder. They are guarded by Slieve, who will only let players kill them if they have a black dragon task.
- The blue dragon lair, containing 12 blue dragons, can be accessed via a staircase in the blue dragon area. If players have 70 Agility, they can jump up the rocks that are across the stairs that lead to the black dragons in the upper level. They are guarded by Eve, who will only let players kill them if they have a blue dragon task.
Shortcuts[edit | edit source]
There are four Agility shortcuts located within the dungeon:
- Squeeze through the loose railing between magic axes and lesser demons: 63 Agility
- Obstacle pipe between the entrance and blue dragons: 70 Agility
- Jump over the Strange floor between the entrance and poison spiders: 80 Agility
The obstacle pipe and spiked floor both allow access to the second half of the dungeon without needing the dusty key.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Baby black dragon
- Baby blue dragon
- Black demon
- Black dragon
- Black Knight
- Blue dragon
- Chaos druid
- Chaos dwarf
- Magic axe
- Hill Giant
- Giant bat
- Lesser demon
- Monk of Zamorak
- Poison spider
- Poison Scorpion
- Suit of armour
Notable personalities[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This dungeon, along with Brimhaven Dungeon, was given an expansion in the black demon and blue dragon areas due to include Slayer task-only areas for these monsters due to their popularity in Slayer tasks, on 10 September 2015.