A teak is a tropical hardwood lumber tree that requires level 35 Woodcutting to cut, granting 85 Woodcutting experience for each set of teak logs received. Teak trees provide some of the highest Woodcutting experience per hour, so it is common to find multiple players attempting to cut teak trees. Teak logs provided by teak trees have moderate value, and can be banked for making money.
- Note that trees on Miscellania and Etceteria do not directly provide resources or normal amounts of experience
Teaks have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting when receiving a log, and a respawn time of 9 seconds. A roll to receive a log is done every 4 game ticks when chopping. The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log.
- Beaver – Teak trees have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 35 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 218,498 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 216,898 chance at level 99.
- Bird nest – There is a 1 in 256 chance to drop from teaks. The bird nest will be dropped on the ground and will despawn after 30 second if not picked up. The Bird nest will be given in place of logs.
- Clue nest – Teaks can drop all clue nests. At level 35 Woodcutting there is an approximately 1 in 1,958 chance to receive an easy-elite clue nest and a 1 in 1,328 chance at level 99. Beginner clue nests have a universal 1 in 1000 chance to be dropped.
- Crystal shard - Teak trees cut in Prifddinas can drop crystal shards. There is a 1 in 80 chance to receive a crystal shard when a log is received. 
With level 35 farming, Teak seeds may be grown into a Teak tree, which gives teak logs when cut down. Checking on a fully grown and healthy Teak tree will give 7290 Farming experience. It takes 64 hours to grow. When cut down, the tree will automatically regrow after a period of time. A player may also pay 15 limpwurt roots to a nearby squirrel to guarantee its growth.
There are several mentions of teaks by NPCs around Gielinor as well as in books. The following text is transcluded from Gielinor's flora - trees. The information found within the book is more often than not just flavour text, and does not reflect their properties or uses within the game itself.
A tropical hardwood tree species that naturally occurs among other jungle trees. Coveted for its durability and water resistance, it is mainly used boat building, exterior construction, furniture and carving. Another prized feature of teak wood is its resistance to termite damage. A final interesting fact is that teak trees are more closely related to mint than to any other trees in Gielinor.