|A beautiful old teak tree.|
Teak logs may be cut and banked for a small amount of cash. A good method for this is to go to the teak tree south-west of Castle Wars. When your inventory is full, use a Ring of dueling to teleport back to Castle Wars, bank the teaks, and repeat the process.
For cutting and dropping teaks, or cutting and burning teaks, there are some spots that can be used, including Ape Atoll, the Kharazi Jungle, and the Hardwood Grove northeast of Tai Bwo Wannai Village. All these locations have at least 3 teak trees close together. There is more space to burn logs in Kharazi Jungle and Ape Atoll than Tai Bwo Wannai, but it is still possible to burn logs in the Tai Bwo Wannai location with some maneuvering.
Teak trees are considered rare trees for the purpose of the rare trees minimap icon (), so by travelling to any of the above-mentioned areas, you can find the location of the trees by going toward this icon.
Tree locations[edit | edit source]
Teak trees can be found in these locations:
- North-east Prifddinas, next to the Sawmill operator. (3 trees, 3 mahogany trees are also nearby)
- Note: In order to cut the trees, you must have completed Song of the Elves.
- Additionally, these trees have a chance to give a crystal shard.
- South-west of Castle Wars (one only)
- If a player has access to Fairy Rings, while wielding a Dramen Staff/Lunar Staff, they can easily bank the logs using the Fairy Ring east of the Teak tree to go to Zanaris, bank the logs, and then teleport back using the ring. This ring has the code B K P.
- Another method involves using a Ring of dueling to teleport to the Castle Wars lobby to bank once you have a full inventory, and then running back to the tree, however the fairy ring method seems to be faster.
- Scattered around the Kharazi Jungle (dangerous area)
- South-east Ape Atoll (poisonous spiders and snakes in the area are always aggressive unless wearing a greegree or the player has completed Monkey Madness II)
- Mos Le'Harmless (2, each one on 2 small islands north of Mos Le'Harmless. Accessible via the 2 ladders north east inside the Mos Le'Harmless Caves. Make sure to wear a Witchwood icon and a cheap light source to drop when you're at the trees such as a Lit torch.)
- South-east Uzer (one only)
- Near Tai Bwo Wannai in the Hardwood Grove (requires 100 Trading sticks)
- The first location introduced to have teak trees and the one that has most of them is Hardwood Grove in Tai Bwo Wannai Village.
- Note: In order to cut the trees inside, you must also do part of the Tai Bwo Wannai Cleanup minigame and collect trading sticks from Murcaily.
- If using the teak trees near Tai Bwo Wannai after finishing the Jungle Potion quest, players can use Rionasta to send teak logs to their bank for 10 trading sticks each. Thus, a full inventory of 27 logs would cost 270 sticks plus the entrance fee.
- North of Etceteria (may not be cut for logs or experience)
Uses[edit | edit source]
Along with Mahogany logs, Teak logs are used mainly for Construction in which they are transformed into teak planks at the Sawmill operator, north-east of Varrock, or at the Woodcutting Guild, but they can also be burned at level 35 Firemaking for 105 Firemaking experience. They can also be made into a crossbow stock at Fletching level 46, giving 27 Fletching experience.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Planting a teak sapling at the hardwood tree patch in Fossil Island requires level 35 Farming and grants 25 experience when planted and 7,290 experience when fully grown, which takes approximately 74.6 hours. A nearby squirrel will watch after a teak tree for 15 limpwurt roots.
Depletion chance[edit | edit source]
As with most other trees that can give more than one log, teak trees have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting per log chopped.
Log chance[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]