The Temple Knights are an elite section of the White Knights, dedicated to defeating any threat to Falador. To join, the applicant must be at least a White Knight. Sir Tiffy Cashien is head of recruitment. Players must complete the Recruitment Drive quest in order to join the Temple Knights.
It is reasonable to assume that they have been established for an extremely long time, as Juna the snake has heard of them, despite being in the Tears of Guthix cave since the end of the Third Age.
The Temple Knights origins can be traced back to the time of the God Wars. Saradomin himself founded the order, which was made up of his most devout human followers. It is said that these human followers also guarded the first temple of Saradomin.
The Temple Knights survived the God Wars, and in the Fifth Age their primary activity is protecting the kingdom of Asgarnia. They do so in secret, there being only rumours and fables of their works and actions, and there are no official records of their presence. They consider themselves the front line of defence for Asgarnia, being smarter and stronger than the White Knights. They are a very powerful organisation as they take their orders from, and answer only to, Saradomin.
Whether or not the White Knights are as "good" as they make out remains to be seen. Juna the snake, who is met during the Tears of Guthix quest, comments that their intentions may not be what they seem when the player tells her of their exploits involving the Temple Knights.
Currently there are two known ranks within the Temple Knight order: Initiate and Proselyte. Initiates are White Knights newly inducted into the Temple Knight order and have access to Initiate armour while proselytes are basically promoted initiates and have access to both Initiate and Proselyte armour.
- ^ Savant. Old School RuneScape. "Legends tell us that Lord Saradomin once walked these lands amongst us, and delivered his wisdom unto us personally, so that we could grow wise in his honour."
- ^ Savant. Old School RuneScape. "Those warriors whose hearts were as pure as their minds were sharp were called to him, and were made into his Temple Knights, for they were the Knights that guarded his very first Temple."
- ^ Sir Tiffy Cashien in Recruitment Drive. Old School RuneScape. "Well, in simple terms, we're better! Any fool with a sword can manage to get into the White Knights ... The Temple Knights on the other hand have to be smarter, stronger, better than all others."
- ^ Sir Tiffy Cashien in Recruitment Drive. Old School RuneScape. "No man controls us for our orders come directly from Saradomin himself!"
- ^ Juna. Old School RuneScape. "I have heard tales of these 'Temple Knights' from many years past. Be wary, their motivations are not what they might lead you to believe."