Temple of Ikov/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Lucien at the Flying Horse Inn in northwest Ardougne (north of the castle).|
|Description||A mysterious stranger called Lucien asks you to go on a mission deep under the Temple of Ikov in central Kandarin. He wants you to retrieve an artefact known as the Staff of Armadyl. After you retrieve it, the quest doesn't stop there... Are you on the side of good or evil?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting[edit | edit source]
The temple[edit | edit source]
Items required for this part: Pendant of lucien (given by Lucien when talking to him), the necessary bow listed above (yew or better), items to obtain a boots of lightness (knife or slash weapon and light source), stamina and energy potions for looting ice arrows, food. Your character must weigh -1kg or less for this part; boots of lightness reduce weight by 4.5kg.
- Enter the temple directly south of the Ranging Guild by climbing down the ladder.
- Go west down the stairs, slash the web, and take the boots of lightness (light source and knife or slash weapon required).
- Go back upstairs, then through the north gate with the Pendant of lucien equipped.
- Cross the lava bridge wearing the boots of lightness (weight must be -1 kg or less or you will take 20 damage from falling) and take the lever.
- Cross the lava bridge again and attach the lever to the lever-bracket on the wall a bit west of the ladder you climbed to enter the dungeon.
- Pull the lever after attaching it. You will receive the prompt: "You hear the clunking of some hidden machinery."
- Go through the south gate and follow the path.
- Search chests along the icy path to obtain ice arrows. 15 with Ava's device and 60+ Ranged is enough.
- Note: You must search every chest after finding arrows to reset the chests, hopping worlds at 1 chest no longer resets them.
Killing the Fire Warrior[edit | edit source]
Items required for this part: Pendant of lucien, ice arrows, a bow that can fire ice arrows (yew or better), 20 un-noted limpwurt root. Items suggested: food and armour; can wait with the limpwurt roots until after killing the fire warrior and take an extra trip to the bank for them.
- Go back through the north gate with the Pendant of lucien equipped.
- Continue straight north to a small room.
- Right-click the lever and search for traps. (Requires 42 Thieving) Then pull the lever.
- Go west then north through the doors.
- A Fire Warrior of Lesarkus will spawn in the room upon attempting to enter the second door.
- Kill him with your ice arrows.
- Use protect from magic to take no damage.
- Give Winelda 20 unnoted limpwurt roots.
- Optional: follow the path to its end and take the shiny key to access this dungeon from McGrubor's Wood.
- Push the wall to the north leading to a room full of Guardians of Armadyl.
- Pick the good or evil path.
Good path[edit | edit source]
Evil path[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 Quest point
- 10,500 Ranged experience
- 8,000 Fletching experience
- Boots of lightness
- The Armadyl pendant (Note: If you sided with Lucien, you must kill Guardians of Armadyl to obtain it.)
- The Pendant of lucien giving you wider access to the Temple of Ikov.
- The shiny key for entering the back door of the Temple of Ikov near McGrubor's Wood.
- Completing this quest awards the player with 5 Kudos which can be claimed by talking to Historian Minas in the Varrock Museum.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]