|Released||25 July 2019 (Update)|
The Gauntlet is a solo minigame in Prifddinas in which the player is given a limited amount of time to explore a randomly generated dungeon layout, gather various resources and supplies by skilling and defeating crystalline monsters, all in preparation to defeat the Crystalline Hunllef, which is based upon a deadly wolf-like predator from the elven homeworld of Tarddiad. The Gauntlet was created as a training ground by the Amlodd Clan to ensure their warriors were capable of defending Prifddinas during the God Wars.
The Gauntlet can be found by entering the Gauntlet Portal, found in the north-western part of Prifddinas.
Players cannot bring any items into The Gauntlet; when entering the minigame, all items currently on the player will be automatically stored for its duration. It is a dangerous minigame, so hardcore ironmen will lose their hardcore status, and ultimate ironmen will lose items in instanced banks should they die in The Gauntlet.
The area contains resource nodes, herbs and fish obtainable through Mining, Woodcutting, Fishing and other gathering methods, in order to make weapons, armour, potions and food. These various resources do not require a specific skill level to gather. The dungeon will also contain various crystalline monsters, such as bats, unicorns and dark beasts, which can be killed for further supplies. Higher level monsters will offer better drops at the cost of taking more time to defeat.
Completion of The Gauntlet will reward players with various loot, including crystal armour seeds for crystal armour, as well as Enhanced crystal weapon seeds for the Blade of Saeldor or the Bow of Faerdhinen and the crystal shards required to charge the items. Failing to finish, either by death or leaving early, will give a small token reward based upon how well the player performed, but won't grant any chance of unique items.
Basic overview[edit | edit source]
The player will spawn in the starting room of a 7x7 grid of rooms adjacent to the centre room that contains The Gauntlet's boss: the Crystalline Hunllef. The player has 10 minutes to prepare to fight this boss, which is indicated by a timer. If the timer runs out, the player will automatically get teleported into the boss room. The player can also choose to manually enter the boss room before the counter ends.
During this 10 minute preparation time, the player may use the resources of The Gauntlet's environment to create a set up to challenge the Crystalline Hunllef. This set up may consist of three tiers of halberds, staves, bows, helmets, body armours and leg armours, as well as food and a potion that restores run energy and prayer points.
Starting items[edit | edit source]
The player starts with a few items in their inventory and they will be wielding a crystal sceptre. These items will be needed for exploring the rooms and collecting resources.
|Crystal sceptre||This item is required to light nodes (i.e. to visit new rooms). It can also be used as a weak melee weapon.|
|Crystal axe||Used to chop Phren bark|
|Crystal pickaxe||Used to mine Crystal ore|
|Crystal harpoon||Used to fish Raw paddlefish|
|Pestle and mortar||Used to grind Crystal shardsx10 into Crystal dustx10 and to grind each Crystal spike, Crystal orb, Crystalline bowstring into Crystal shardsx80|
|Teleport crystal||Single-use item for teleporting the player back to the starting room.|
Starting room[edit | edit source]
The player will start adjacent to the central room. This room contains a few features that are used for processing the collected resources.
- Crystal Singing Recipes: A bookstand players can click to get an overview of all recipes for armour and weaponry found within The Gauntlet.
- Egniol Potions: A bookstand players can click to read a text describing the use and recipe of egniol potions.
- Range: Used to cook Raw paddlefish into Paddlefish.
- Singing Bowl: Used to craft vials, teleport crystals, crystal paddlefish, corrupted paddlefish, armour and weapons.
- Teleport Platform: Used to abandon the current challenge.
- Tool Storage: Used to re-obtain crystal sceptre, crystal axe, crystal pickaxe, crystal harpoon and pestle and mortar
- Water Pump: Used to turn vials into water-filled vials, which are needed to make Egniol potions.
Resource rooms[edit | edit source]
Each room in The Gauntlet, except for the starting room and the boss room, contains resource nodes and/or monsters. These resource nodes and monsters are farmed to collect resources that can be processed at the Singing Bowl in the starting room.
Resource nodes[edit | edit source]
There are five types of resource nodes. Each resource room will contain zero to five resource nodes. A resource room may contain a combination of different resource nodes.
- Crystal Deposit: Used to mine crystal ore from. Three crystal ores can be collected from each Crystal Deposit. Used for creating armour within The Gauntlet.
- Linum Tirinum: Used to pick linum tirinum from. Three linum tirinum can be collected from each Linum Tirinum plant. Used for creating armour within The Gauntlet.
- Phren Roots: Used to chop phren bark from. Three phren barks can be collected from each Phren Roots plant. Used for creating armour within The Gauntlet.
- Grym Root: Used to pick a grym leaf from. One grym leaf can be collected from each Grym Root plant. Used for creating Egniol potions within The Gauntlet.
- Fishing Spot: Used to fish raw paddlefish from. Four raw paddlefish can be collected from each Fishing Spot. Used for food within The Gauntlet, healing 20 hitpoints when cooked.
Collecting resources from the aforementioned nodes will also randomly reward the player with crystal shards.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
There are nine types of monsters that can be found within the resource rooms, that can be categorized into three categories:
- Weak monsters: Crystalline Spiders (level 22), Crystalline Rats (level 24) and Crystalline Bats (level 33).
- Strong monsters: Crystalline Unicorns (level 48), Crystalline Scorpions (level 64) and Crystalline Wolves (level 74).
- Demi-bosses: Crystalline Bears (level 172), Crystalline Dragons (level 172) and Crystalline Dark Beasts (level 172).
The above monsters may be killed for the following items:
- Crystal shards: Used for processing items at the Singing Bowl.
- Weapon frame: Used for creating the lowest tier bow, halberd or staff at the Singing Bowl.
- Raw paddlefish: Used for food within The Gauntlet, healing 20 Hitpoints when cooked.
- Grym leaf: Used for creating Egniol potions within The Gauntlet.
- Teleport crystal: Used for teleporting to the starting room.
- Crystal spike: Used to create the highest tier halberd. Guaranteed drop from the Crystalline Bear.
- Crystal orb: Used to create the highest tier staff. Guaranteed drop from the Crystalline Dragon.
- Crystalline bowstring: Used to create the highest tier bow. Guaranteed drop from the Crystalline Dark Beast.
Armour and weaponry[edit | edit source]
After exploring the resource rooms and collecting resources for a bit, return to the Singing Bowl to create armour and weapons. Since the Crystalline Hunllef uses protection prayers, two different types of weapons are required for the final boss. To mitigate the damage from the Crystalline Hunllef, it is advised to also create some armour pieces.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
There are three types of weapons: bows (Ranged), halberds (Melee) and staves (Magic). These weapons are available in three tiers: basic, attuned and perfected. Higher tiers are created by upgrading from their previous tiers.
The creation of each of the three weapon types requires the same resources:
- Basic (tier 1): A weapon frame and 20 crystal shards.
- Attuned (tier 2): Basic weapon and 60 crystal shards.
- Perfected (tier 3): Attuned weapon and a crystal spike (for the halberd), crystal orb (for the staff) or crystalline bowstring (for the bow).
Weapons from higher tiers give player higher accuracy and/or damage. See the table below for an overview of each weapon's accuracy:
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
|Crystal halberd (basic)||68||68||4||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||42||0%||0||1||1.8|
|Crystal halberd (attuned)||114||114||12||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||88||0%||0||2||1.8|
|Crystal halberd (perfected)||166||166||28||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||138||0%||0||3||1.8|
|Crystal bow (basic)||0||0||0||0||72||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||42||1||1.8|
|Crystal bow (attuned)||0||0||0||0||118||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||88||1||1.8|
|Crystal bow (perfected)||0||0||0||0||172||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||138||3||1.8|
|Crystal staff (basic)||0||0||0||84||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||0||1||1.4|
|Crystal staff (attuned)||0||0||0||128||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||0||2||1.4|
|Crystal staff (perfected)||0||0||0||184||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0%||0||3||1.4|
See the table below for an overview of the capabilities of each weapon's maximum hits:
|Halberd max hits[A 1]||No prayer||Ultimate Strength||Piety|
|Crystal halberd (basic)||18||21||22|
|Crystal halberd (attuned)||26||29||31|
|Crystal halberd (perfected)||35||39||42|
|Bow max hits[A 2]||No prayer||Eagle Eye||Rigour|
|Crystal bow (basic)||18||20||21|
|Crystal bow (attuned)||25||29||31|
|Crystal bow (perfected)||34||38||41|
|Staff max hits||No prayer||Mystic Might||Augury|
|Crystal staff (basic)||23||23||23|
|Crystal staff (attuned)||31||31||31|
|Crystal staff (perfected)||39||39||39|
Armour[edit | edit source]
There are three types of armour pieces: helmets, bodies and legs. These armour pieces are available in three tiers: basic, attuned and perfected. Higher tiers are created by upgrading from their previous tiers.
The creation of each armour piece requires the same resources:
- Basic (tier 1): 40 crystal shards, 1 crystal ore, 1 linum tirinum and 1 phren bark.
- Attuned helm & legs (tier 2): Basic armour piece, 60 crystal shards, 1 crystal ore, 1 linum tirinum and 1 phren bark.
- Attuned body (tier 2): Basic armour piece, 60 crystal shards, 2 crystal ores, 2 linum tirinums and 2 phren barks.
- Perfected (tier 3): Attuned armour piece, 80 crystal shards, 2 crystal ores, 2 linum tirinums and 2 phren barks.
The following table provides an overview of the required resources per armour tier:
|Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
|Body||Legs||Helm||Total||Body||Legs||Helm||Total||Total (1+2)||Body||Legs||Helm||Total||Total (All)|
Armour pieces from higher tiers give player higher defence bonuses and mitigate more damage of the Crystalline Hunllef's attacks. It appears that the damage reduction is roughly 13.33% per level. See the table below for an overview of each armour piece's bonuses:
|Item||Attack Bonuses||Defence Bonuses||Other|
|Crystal helm (basic)||2||2||1||2||2||28||28||28||28||28||0||0%||0||1||2.7|
|Crystal helm (attuned)||6||6||2||6||6||48||48||48||48||48||0||0%||0||2||2.7|
|Crystal helm (perfected)||10||10||3||10||10||68||68||68||68||68||0||0%||0||3||2.7|
|Crystal body (basic)||8||8||3||8||8||86||86||86||86||86||0||0%||0||3||10.0|
|Crystal body (attuned)||12||12||4||12||12||102||102||102||102||102||0||0%||0||4||10.0|
|Crystal body (perfected)||15||16||5||16||16||124||124||124||124||124||0||0%||0||5||10.0|
|Crystal legs (basic)||6||6||2||6||6||52||52||52||52||52||0||0%||0||2||9.1|
|Crystal legs (attuned)||10||10||3||10||10||74||74||74||74||74||0||0%||0||3||9.1|
|Crystal legs (perfected)||14||14||4||14||14||92||92||92||92||92||0||0%||0||4||9.1|
Wearing pieces of the crystal armour will further reduce damage taken from the Crystalline Hunllef's attacks. The table below describes its max hit while wearing different combinations of armour.
|Armour combination||Crystalline Hunllef's max hit [A 1]||Damage from tornadoes|
|Full T1 armour||10||10-16|
|Full T2 armour||8||7-13|
|Full T3 armour||6||5-10|
Boss room[edit | edit source]
After the 10 minute timer runs out, or when the player feels confident enough to face The Gauntlet's boss, the player may pass the barrier to enter the boss room. This room contains the level 674 Crystalline Hunllef. The Crystalline Hunllef must be defeated to complete The Gauntlet's challenge successfully.
The boss room always lies directly adjacent to the starting room.
If you die as the boss dies, kill count credit will not be awarded.
Corrupted Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
After completing the Gauntlet once, players may try the Corrupted Gauntlet, which has increased difficulty compared to the regular Gauntlet.
- All monsters are Corrupted instead of Crystalline, with increased stats.
- All items are Corrupted instead of Crystal, with the same stats.
- The player only has 7.5 minutes to prepare.
Boss Room[edit | edit source]
- The boss room instead contains the Corrupted Hunllef, which has 1000 health and increased stats. The table below describes its max hit while wearing different combinations of armour.
- Note that all three pieces of armour must be upgraded to a certain tier in order to successfully reduce the Hunllef's max hit. A tier 1 body with tier 2 helm and legs will still result in the Hunllef having a max hit of 13.
|Armour combination||Corrupted Hunllef's max hit [A 1]||Damage from tornadoes|
|Full T1 armour||13||14-25|
|Full T2 armour||10||10-20|
|Full T3 armour||8||8-15|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Completing the Corrupted Gauntlet rewards three rolls on an upgraded loot table. The player will also receive a Gauntlet cape upon completion.
Loot table[edit | edit source]
The jingle that plays upon completing the Gauntlet.
Upon completing The Gauntlet's challenge, players will receive two rolls on the regular loot table, several crystal shards and a roll for the unique rewards. For more information on the loot table, visit the Reward Chest's page.
Upon completion of the Corrupted challenge, players will receive three rolls on an upgraded loot table, several crystal shards and a roll for the unique rewards with a higher chance of success.
Upon failing the challenge, players might still get rewarded with some lower value loot.
Unique Rewards (Normal Mode)[edit | edit source]
|Crystal shard||3–7||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal weapon seed||1||1/120||364,151||0|
|Crystal armour seed||1||1/120||8,145,900||300,000|
|Enhanced crystal weapon seed||1||1/2,000||147,867,116||300,000|
Unique Rewards (Corrupted Mode)[edit | edit source]
|Gauntlet cape||1||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal shard||5–9||Always||Not sold||N/A|
|Crystal weapon seed||1||1/50||364,151||0|
|Crystal armour seed||1||1/50||8,145,900||300,000|
|Enhanced crystal weapon seed||1||1/400||147,867,116||300,000|
Combat Achievements[edit | edit source]
The following Combat Achievement tasks involve the Gauntlet.
Normal Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
|Gauntlet Veteran||Complete the Gauntlet 5 times.||Elite||Kill count|
|3, 2, 1 - Range||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef without taking damage off prayer.||Elite||Perfection|
|Egniol Diet||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef without making an egniol potion within the Gauntlet.||Elite||Restriction|
|Crystalline Warrior||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef with a full set of perfected armour equipped.||Elite||Restriction|
|Wolf Puncher||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef without making more than one attuned weapon.||Elite||Restriction|
|Gauntlet Master||Complete the Gauntlet 20 times.||Master||Kill count|
|Perfect Crystalline Hunllef||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef without taking damage from: Tornadoes, Damaging Floor or Stomp Attacks. Also, do not take damage off prayer and do not attack the Crystalline Hunleff with the wrong weapon.||Master||Perfection|
|Defence Doesn't Matter||Kill the Crystalline Hunllef without making any armour within the Gauntlet.||Master||Restriction|
|Gauntlet Speed-Chaser||Complete the Gauntlet in less than 5 minutes.||Master||Speed|
|Gauntlet Speed-Runner||Complete the Gauntlet in less than 4 minutes.||Grandmaster||Speed|
Corrupted Gauntlet[edit | edit source]
|Corrupted Gauntlet Veteran||Complete the Corrupted Gauntlet 5 times.||Elite||Kill count|
|3, 2, 1 - Mage||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef without taking damage off prayer.||Elite||Perfection|
|Corrupted Gauntlet Master||Complete the Corrupted Gauntlet 10 times.||Master||Kill count|
|Perfect Corrupted Hunllef||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef without taking damage from: Tornadoes, Damaging Floor or Stomp Attacks. Also, do not take damage off prayer and do not attack the Corrupted Hunleff with the wrong weapon.||Master||Perfection|
|Defence Doesn't Matter II||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef without making any armour within the Corrupted Gauntlet.||Master||Restriction|
|Corrupted Warrior||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef with a full set of perfected corrupted armour equipped.||Master||Restriction|
|Corrupted Gauntlet Speed-Chaser||Complete a Corrupted Gauntlet in less than 7 minutes and 30 seconds.||Master||Speed|
|Corrupted Gauntlet Grandmaster||Complete the Corrupted Gauntlet 50 times.||Grandmaster||Kill count|
|Egniol Diet II||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef without making an egniol potion within the Corrupted Gauntlet.||Grandmaster||Restriction|
|Wolf Puncher II||Kill the Corrupted Hunllef without making more than one attuned weapon.||Grandmaster||Restriction|
|Corrupted Gauntlet Speed-Runner||Complete a Corrupted Gauntlet in less than 6 minutes and 30 seconds.||Grandmaster||Speed|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|2 March 2022
|9 December 2021
The minimum HiScores 'killcount' required for The Corrupted Gauntlet has been lowered from 10 to 5.
|21 July 2021
(update | poll)
|30 June 2021
The enhanced crystal weapon seed has replaced the inactive Blade of Saeldor in the reward chest drop table, and the blade, as well as the Bow of Faerdhinen, can be created from the enhanced weapon seed.
|2 July 2020
(update | poll)
|2 April 2020
|19 September 2019
The Game Filter now filters the message displayed in the chatbox when players sing items at the Gauntlet's singing bowl.
|8 August 2019
|1 August 2019
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The minigame shares many similarities with the Daemonheim dungeon used to train the Dungeoneering skill from RuneScape.
References[edit | edit source]