The Dig Site/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to an examiner in the Exam Centre south of the digsite.|
|Description||Feeling uneducated? Desperate for buried treasure?
"There's gold in them there hills" (well stream actually) as well as many other items that can be found at the digsite. Join the students in their attempt to be a qualified archaeologist, and become experienced in making the earth move!Have you got what it takes to unearth the hidden altar to one of RuneScape's lesser-known Gods?
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Misthalin✓ — auto-unlocked
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Starting out[edit | edit source]
- Go to the Exam Centre.
- Ask an examiner about an exam.
- Go to the Varrock museum and talk to Curator Haig Halen. He will give you a Sealed letter.
- (Optional) Steal a cup of tea from the tea stall if you don't have one already. (This is a Varrock easy diary requirement)
- Go back to the Exam Centre and talk to an examiner. The chat options do not matter; you will fail the exam regardless.
Lost and found[edit | edit source]
- Search the bushes on the map at (2) until you find a teddy bear.
- Take the panning tray at (4).
- Talk to the panning guide and give him a cup of tea.
- Pan the water at (5) until you find a Special cup (browse through dialogue if stopped – referred to as "Shiny Cup" in dialogue). If you need an opal continue panning until you get one.
- Steal from the workman at (3), until you get an animal skull and specimen brush.
- Run north to the female student with blonde hair and pigtails on the northwest end of the dig (6), note that there are multiple 6s on the diagram, and give her the "teddy" by talking to her twice.
- Run east to the student in an orange shirt at (6) and give him the Special cup by talking to him twice.
- Run south to the student in a green shirt at (6) and give him the Animal skull by talking to him twice.
Exams[edit | edit source]
- Return to an examiner. – You should receive 'Level 1 Certificate'
- Talk to all 3 students again.
- Return to an examiner to take the second exam.
- Talk to all 3 students – the female student will demand an opal (can be obtained by panning). Talk to her two times.
- Return to an examiner for the final exam.
Helping the expert[edit | edit source]
- Search the cupboards on the south wall of the west room in the exam centre to get a specimen jar.
- Search the cupboards on the north wall of the west room for a rock pick.
- If you haven't already, steal a specimen brush from the Digsite workman at (3).
- Equip the leather gloves and boots, then use the trowel on the soil at the enclosure in the far right corner (northeast of "7", with a large skeleton) until you obtain an ancient talisman. Note: This step can take several minutes depending upon luck.
- Talk to the archaeological expert in the exam centre.
- Use the invitation on any Digsite workman except the one by the western winch.
- Use a rope on the western winch, climb down. (7) north of (3)
- Pick up an arcenia root to the north or west of the rope, search the rocks (brick) to the east near the skeletons, then climb back up. If you do not search the rocks then Doug Deeping will not have the necessary dialogue option!
- Walk to the other winch northeast, use the rope on the winch, climb down. (7) north of (6)
- Talk to Doug Deeping about the rocks. Climb up the rope.
Explosives expert[edit | edit source]
- Walk to the tent to the south (4 on the map), unlock chest with Chest Key and search to obtain chemical powder.
- Use the trowel on the closed barrel to the west of the tent.
- Use a vial on the barrel to get an unidentified liquid. If dropped, it will deal 25 non-fatal damage, and destroy the vial requiring you to re-open the barrel and collect more.
- Grind the charcoal with your pestle and mortar.
- If you don't have charcoal, search the tray a few steps north.
- Return to the exam centre and use the chemical powder and the unidentified liquid (Note: make sure you right-click the liquid otherwise you'll empty it) on the archaeological expert.
- Mix the nitroglycerin and ammonium nitrate together to create mixed chemicals, then add ground charcoal and finally arcenia root to produce chemical compound.
- Climb down the western winch.
- Use the compound on the bricks (not the rocks).
- Use your tinderbox on the bricks.
- Enter the large chamber, take the stone tablet.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Use the tablet on the archaeological expert.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 15,300 Mining exp
- 2,000 Herblore exp
- 2 gold bars
- Show the museum curator the Level 3 certificate to choose between something to drink (fruit blast) or something to eat (chocolate cake). Get the cake for Desert Treasure or the fruit blast for Recipe for Disaster. Make sure that you go through the dialogue for each one that you give it or he will not give you a chance to pick which reward you want and you will receive nothing.
- The ability to do Varrock Museum specimen cleaning to obtain a Digsite pendant.
- The Ancient talisman can be viewed in the Digsite Exhibit at the museum on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US].
- Previously granted the ability to choose the book of darkness after completion of Horror from the Deep.