The Eyes of Glouphrie/Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Brimstail in a cave to the south-west side of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, directly west of the bank near the Stronghold Slayer Cave.|
|Description||After you foiled a plan to destroy the Grand Tree things have been quiet in the gnome world. Brimstail has found a strange machine, though, built by Oaknock the Engineer during the Gnomes' Golden Age. What does the weird device do? Why on RuneScape was it built? If you agree to help this bookworm gnome get this confusing device working, you will learn a little about gnome magicks, gnome history, and you will start to uncover a new threat (or is it an old one?) to gnome security - a threat that is a lot harder to see ...|
|Official length||Medium – Long|
|Enemies to defeat||Evil creature (x6)|
Magic glue can be made before starting the quest by grinding the mud rune with the pestle and mortar and using it on a bucket of sap, saving inventory space.
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Digression[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brimstail in the cave found in the south-west corner of the Gnome Stronghold.
Elven Mystery[edit | edit source]
- Inspect the singing bowl in the western portion of the cave.
- To the north, attempt to unlock Oaknock's Machine.
- Talk to Brimstail.
Memories[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Hazelmere, located upstairs in his house (on the small island east of Yanille, fairy ring code cls goes directly to his house, Nightmare Zone minigame teleport or Watchtower Teleport). There will be several cutscenes, last being King Healthorg and the white Spirit Tree Argento .
- Return to Brimstail.
Incapacitated[edit | edit source]
- Use your Mud Rune on the Pestle and Mortar to make Ground Mud Runes.
- Add the Ground Mud Runes to the Bucket of Sap.
- Repair Oaknock's machine (click on the machine twice).
- Talk to Brimstail.
Anti-Illusion[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brimstail twice more to receive more discs.
- Optional: Drop the discs and talk to Brimstail to receive even more discs.
Front Panel[edit | edit source]
- Unlock machine.
Control Panel[edit | edit source]
- Unlock the front panel by inserting a disc with a value equal to the green number. (When done, click the green box next to the number.)
- Talk to Brimstail for more discs.
- Complete the three puzzles inside the unlocked machine
- You need to fill up all the slots.
- You will need to exchange some of the tokens to obtain certain values. (see full guide here).
- Talk to Brimstail.
Assassination[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Brimstail again.
- Kill all Evil Creatures: (wait for the whole death animation to end before running or teleporting away!). Their colour is now black.
- The one by Brimstail, if you haven't killed it already.
- One outside of the main gate (south-east from Brimstail's cave). Note: It must be killed within stronghold walls. If it is outside, simply kill it, let it spawn, and kill it again for credit.
- One by the gnome agility course entrance (near the spirit tree).
- One by King Narnode, at the bottom of the Grand Tree. If it is stuck behind a trapdoor, kill it with mage or range, or hop worlds. Make sure you wait a few seconds after killing before using the ladder.
- One at the top of the Grand Tree, by the prison. Make sure you wait a few seconds after killing before using the ladder.
- One by the giant tortoises north-west of the Grand Tree (in the pen north of the swamp).
- Talk to King Narnode.
- Optional: Use the crystal saw seed on the singing bowl by Brimstail to get an enchanted crystal saw, and complete a medium Western Provinces diary task.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- 12,000 Magic experience
- 2,500 Woodcutting experience
- 6,000 Runecraft experience
- 250 Construction experience
- A crystal saw seed — Either take it to Ilfeen in Tirannwn or use it on the singing bowl by Brimstail to get an enchanted crystal saw. It allows items (that require a saw) to be made three levels above your Construction. It has a limited number of charges (28), but the recharge is free - use the bowl again.