The Fremennik Exiles/Quick guide
|The Fremennik Exiles (#144)|
|Released||26 September 2019 (Update)|
|Lead developer(s)||Mod Ed, Mod Wolf|
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Speak to Brundt the Chieftain in Rellekka.|
|Description||The Fremennik bards often sing tales of the past. Of great battles, deadly foes and heroes long gone. However, in recent years, things have been much quieter in the Province, as there’s increasingly less to sing about. All that is about to change though, as what starts off as a simple investigation soon leads to one of the greatest threats the Fremennik have ever seen.|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
A disturbance in Rellekka[edit | edit source]
- Buy 2 kegs of beer from Thora in the Longhall before you start the quest to save time later. (bank them when you have the chance to reduce weight while running around)
- Talk to Brundt in the Longhall to start the quest. or
- Go north and talk to Freygerd in the house south of the sandpit.
- Equip your mirror shield (to avoid taking damage and stat drain), then search the sandpit (to the North) and kill the Basilisk Youngling (level 53).
- Pick up the Unsealed letter and read it.
- Search the rockslide west of the house to get the Fang.
- Search the boxes south of the house to get the Venom gland.
- Talk to Freygerd to give her the items.
- Return to Brundt to receive a note, read it, then talk to him again for a cutscene. or
- Go southeast of Rellekka, following the dirt path, and talk to Brundt. Go through all chat options to learn how to restore V's shield.
Redeeming the exile[edit | edit source]
Fremennik shield[edit | edit source]
- Obtain a Fremennik shield (this is not the tradeable Neitiznot shield).
- Option 1: Go to Waterbirth Island and kill dagannoth until they drop the shield (uncommon drop).
- Option 2: Go to Rellekka and kill Market Guards or Warriors until they drop the shield (rare drop).
- Option 3: Travel to Bardur deep in the Waterbirth Dungeon and wear a Ring of charos (a) to get the shield for free. Without the ring it will cost 150,000.
Lunar glass and V's sigil[edit | edit source]
- Go to Baba Yaga on Lunar Isle to turn your molten glass into molten glass (i). or if using lunar spellbook and Ourania teleport is not unlocked.
- Go to the Lunar Isle mine and mine stalagmites for 3 lunar ore.
- Leave the mine and travel to the Astral altar with 100 astral runes in your inventory and craft on the altar to obtain Lunar glass.
- Smelt 3 lunar bars in a furnace (Rellekka is convenient) or you can use Superheat Item.
- Smith the V sigil on an anvil.
- Talk to the Fossegrimen to enchant the sigil. (Found by summoning at the Strange altar south-west of Rellekka) .
Polishing rock[edit | edit source]
Items required: Pet rock, Fishing rod, V sigil (e), Lunar glass, ice gloves, glassblowing pipe, Fremennik shield. Recommended: 2 teleports to the Mountain Camp (Slayer ring or Fairy rings access code AJR), a teleport back to Rellekka (Enchanted Lyre or Fremennik Sea boots)
- Follow the path north of the Mountain Camp and inspect the Large Geyser.
- Go to Rellekka and talk to Peer the Seer found southwest of the Rellekka market.
- Return to the geyser and wear the ice gloves.
- Inspect the large geyser to the west to get the polishing rock.
- Use any of the components together while having a glassblowing pipe in the inventory to create V's shield.
Basilisks in the Market[edit | edit source]
Items required: V's shield, combat equipment, 2 kegs of beer (If you forgot to buy them at the quest start, buy them from Rasolo or on the Grand Exchange. Keg of beer from the table in the Longhall does not work.)
- Talk to Brundt southeast of Rellekka.
- Return to the Longhall and talk to Brundt again.
- Wield V's shield and fight the basilisks until you reach 100%. You have to hit a basilisk at least once to make its death count towards completion.
- Travel on the Fremennik Boat to the Island of Stone.
Island of Stone[edit | edit source]
Items required: V's shield, combat equipment to fight Typhor (level 218) and The Jormungand (level 363) (Leaf-bladed battleaxe, Dragon mace, or a Dragon Warhammer is a good choice as the monster is weak to crush and a single handed weapon is required), 1-2 super restore(4), high-healing food. Note that the dwarven helmet provides he highest crush boost of all helmets, however its defences are less than than that of the helm of neitznot.
- Speak with Brundt to explain the cave door puzzle.
- Solve the cave door puzzle (Mastermind).
- Each red check means one rune is correct but in the wrong position.
- Each green check means one rune is correct and in the right position.
- Equip V's shield and keep it equipped for the full fight.
- Enter the cave.
- Fight Typhor (level 218)
- When Typhor is >50% HP pray melee and soak up few magic attacks.
- When Typhor is <50% HP pray magic and soak up few melee attacks.
- Fight The Jormungand (level 363). There are two special attacks to avoid:
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 2 Quest points
- V's shield
- Access to the Island of Stone
- Ability to kill a Basilisk Knight as a Slayer Task
- A Fremennik honorific, Dräpare, added to the player's Fremennik name
- Ability to create and equip the Neitiznot faceguard
- 15,000 Slayer experience
- 15,000 Crafting experience
- 5,000 Runecraft experience